Talk:CIS-A2K/Events/Train the Trainer Program/2019/Bids
Clarification on format
@Pavan Santhosh (CIS-A2K): Thanks for adopting this process to host TTT 2019, it is really a nice initiative. I would like to know the format in which the proposal has to be made. This is not mentioned on the page. Format in the sense, I mean, what points are to be mentioned, what links are to be provided etc. KCVelaga (talk) 04:43, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
- @KCVelaga:, please show your interest here. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 08:48, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
What is the benefit for the host community?
Hi, there should be some benefits offered for the host community. This will encourage more communities to bid. For example, 5-10 exclusive and additional seats can be offered for the host community to get trained. Otherwise, this will only become unnecessary additional work load for them. --Ravi (talk) 11:26, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hello User:Ravidreams, so many assured participation from a community, because they are hosting is difficult. The community may get 1-2 extra slots as local community.
- This is more a collaboration than just hosting. We'll work on the aspects including the logistics, reports.
- The community can gain more experience of organizing such a workshop. We are also looking forward to hear from the TTT alumni (the Wikimedians who already participated in TTT) to see if they want to work on this. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:30, 15 January 2019 (UTC)
- I understand the budget constraints for CIS-A2K. But, from a personal point of view as a volunteer, I find this as a lot of work for the organizing community with no matching benefits. For example, if the Punjabi Community takes the trouble to host WCI in Chandigarh it can bring hundreds of local people to attend the event without worrying about scholarships. Thanks. --Ravi (talk) 15:08, 15 January 2019 (UTC)
Hello, First of all on behalf of CIS-A2K we would like to thank you for your interest in hosting the 2019 iteration of Train the Trainer (TTT). We feel that TTT is one of the major events A2K conducts. TTT has been conducted in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. This year we wanted to further improve the program structure. One change we thought to make this year: was inviting community members/communities to host TTT. We believe this might help to organise TTT more collaboratively. This year we have started this process, in the next year or in the next iteration we strongly believe the process and event will be further improved.
We are delighted to see the two applications. Thanks to Assamese community, and VVIT Wikiconnect. We thoroughly studied the two applications. We also talked to 2 external reviewersn(not CIS-A2K members) and requested their observation/opinion. It was a tough decision to select a city here. Based on the reviewers' suggestion, our own analysis this year we are doing is: Visakhapatnam.
On behalf of the CIS-A2K I thank Assamese community for your interest. What we feel at this moment it would be better if we conduct/support zonal/state-level workshop/wiki-event in Assam where (in comparison to an event like TTT) more and more Assamese Wikimeedian can participate. We'll work on such skill-building workshop/event.
One more question you may ask: what are the dates of TTT? It is difficult to answer. We are waiting for announcement of the General Election dates. We'll get back with another update soon.