Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests/Archive 2016 1

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Requests to CIS-A2K
This is an archive, please do not edit this page
2013
(January—June, July—December)
2014
(January—June, July—December)
2015
(January—June, July—December)
2016
(January—June), July—December)
2017
(January—June.)
Content of this page have been moved from Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests

Request to fund for Kannada Wikipedia workshop cum Kannada Edit-a-thon during the event at Mysore[edit]

The Kannada Wikipedians are planning 13th year Kannada Wikipedia is celebration. It is our pleasure to organise such workshop on 11th, 12th & 13th January 2016, at C.P.D.P.S., Manasa Gangothri, Mysore University, Mysrore-560006, by introducing the History of Kannada Litrature. 30 Kannada Research students would like to participate in this workshop.

As per the budget discussion we need:

  • Funding support of Rs. 12,000/-

Proposed Detailed Budget[edit]

proposed detailed budget
Item Cost (in INR) Description
Food INR8,000 Including Snacks
Printing and stationary INR2,000 Flex banner, Poster, Stickers, Notepad, Pens, Markers,tapes...
Miscellaneous INR2,000 Internet charge & Unplanned exp.
Total INR12,000 approximate total expenditure - Estimated budget of the Workshop : 100/- per head per day for 3-days for 40 participants = 100x40x3 = ` 12,000/-

On behalf of Kannada Wiki Community, I request for funding of the event.--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 15:52, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

Endorsements[edit]

[kannada Wikipedia village pump discussion]

Community Support[edit]

Discussion[edit]

Thanks for letting us know about this event. We generally ask to to request for support at least 4 weeks prior to an event. Anyway, I am forwarding it to A2K team.

  1. Could you re-use generic flex and banner?

-- Tito Dutta (talk) 17:38, 5 January 2016 (UTC)

  • Approved This request has been approved by CIS-A2K -- -- Tito Dutta (talk) 05:28, 8 January 2016 (UTC)

Request additional budget for edit-a-thon at Mysore[edit]

Excuse, I request additional expenditure, to add Mysore editathan, because of the following calculations for traveling, boarding and lodging.

  • Funding support of INR 8,500/-
Proposed Detailed Additional Budget
Item Cost (in INR) Description
Food INR1,000 Including morning breakfast and dinner for three days
Traveling INR1,500 From Mangalore to Mysore by Bus
Accommodation INR6,000 Per day INR2,000 for the Lodging
Total INR8,500 approximate total expenditure

Do hope that this request will be valid.--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 17:34, 6 January 2016 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about the updated budget. I'll inform A2K team, and will keep you informed. Thanks. -- -- Tito Dutta (talk) 18:42, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
  • Yes check.svg Done This request was approved. -- Tito Dutta (talk)

Report and expenditure details[edit]

Funding request for Kannada Wikipedia workshop cum Kannada Edit-a-thon during the event at Sagara[edit]

The Kannada Wikipedians are planning 13th year Kannada Wikipedia celebration. It is our pleasure to organise such workshop on 25th, 26th and 27th January 2016, at ಸಾಗರ ೨೦೧೬ Sagaraby by introducing the Mechanical Engineering Articles. 20 Engineering and Polytechnic Professors would like to participate in this workshop.

  • Funding support of INR 17,500/-
Proposed Budget
Item Cost (in INR) Detailed Description
Food INR9,000 Including Snacks Estimated budget of the Workshop : 150/- per head per day for 20 participants for 3-days (100x20x3 = INR 9,000/-)
Traveling INR1,500 From Bangalore to Sagara
Accommodation INR6,000 Three days Lodging at Saagara
Miscellaneous INR1,000 Internet charge & Unplanned exp.Flex banner, Poster, Stickers, Notepad, Pens, Markers,tapes...
Total INR17,500 approximate total expenditure

On behalf of Kannada Wiki Community, I request for funding of the event.--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 14:07, 4 January 2016 (UTC)

Endorsements[edit]

[kannada Wikipedia village pump discussion]

Community Support[edit]

Discussion[edit]

Thanks for letting us know about this event. We generally ask to to request for support at least 4 weeks prior to an event. Anyway, I am forwarding it to A2K team.

  1. Could you re-use generic flex and banner? -- -- Tito Dutta (talk) 05:42, 8 January 2016 (UTC)

Funding request for travel to participate in Kannada Wikipedia workshop cum Edit-a-thon at Sagara[edit]

Me and Vishwanath will be travelling to Sagara to take part in ಸಾಗರ ೨೦೧೬ Kannada Wikipedia workshop cum edit-a-thon on 25th, 26th and 27th January 2016

  • Funding support of INR 2,000/-
Person Role Cost (in INR) Description
Vikas Hegde Resource Person INR1,000 Travel from Bengaluru to Sagara and back to Bengaluru
Vishwanath M.S. Participant INR1,000 Travel from Bengaluru to Sagara and back to Bengaluru
Total -- INR2,000 approximate total expenditure

I request for funding of our travel for the event.--Vikashegde (talk) 11:17, 10 January 2016 (UTC)

Endorsements[edit]

Community Support[edit]

Discussion[edit]

  • I have merged two sections as these seem to be discussing the same event. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:44, 14 January 2016 (UTC)

Thanks for letting us know about this plan. I'll forward it to A2K team. Thanks. -- -- Tito Dutta (talk) 18:41, 10 January 2016 (UTC)

Request for T-Shirt[edit]

The 13 year Kannada Wikipedia Celebration at Mangalore on 14th Feb. 2016. So, we want approximately 65 T-Shirt for the new participants. We need 30 M and 35 L size T-shirts. Sorry for the late request. --Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 17:19, 5 February 2016 (UTC)

  • YesY This request was accepted and processed. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 05:40, 2 March 2016 (UTC)

Request for SWAG for Telugu Wikipedians[edit]

Hi, we Telugu Wikipedias actively conducting monthly meetups and outreach collaboration programs for Telugu Wikipedia, so here is a list of SWAGs required while meeting some designated authority. this is already discussed in Telugu Wikipedia Village Pump and agreed by the community. I believe this could encourage fellow Telugu Wikipedians to attend meetups and outreach collaboration programs.

Request for SWAG :-

T-shirt (preferably collar t shirts) - 30
Sticker sets - 100
Pin :50
Wiki Pens - 50
Wiki Bags(for dignitaries Only) - 10
Wiki Mugs(Special Guests Only)- 10
Breakdown of T shirt sizes.
XL: 5
L: 12
M: 8
S: 5

Pranayraj1985 (talk) 12:54, 21 February 2016 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this initiative, I'll forward it to our team and will keep you informed. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 22:58, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
  • Currently CIS-A2K is unable to provide merchandise items for monthly meetups. So, we won't be able to provide this support. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 05:42, 2 March 2016 (UTC)

SWAG material requirement[edit]

Sa.wikipedians are going to outreach programs. Like https://sa.wikipedia.org/s/r86 . We does not have any financial requirement at this moment. But, while going to sa.wikipedia's outreach program, we'll require SWAG materials. Our discussion is here. NehalDaveND (talk) 13:46, 29 February 2016 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this request. Could you provide how many merchandise items you need and I'll forward your request to our team for discussion. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 05:39, 2 March 2016 (UTC)
Sorry for late response. we need (T-shirt, badge, pen, bag) these properties. Five wikipedians want full sleeve T-shirts. Plus we want to give some property to volunteers, who will/is help/ing us to arrange and manage sa.wikipedia's workshop. List is below.
  • T-shirts = XL:2 M: 4, S: 4 = 10
  • badge = 5 + 5 = 10
  • pen = 5 + 5 = 10
  • bag = 5 + 5 10

Thank you. NehalDaveND (talk) 12:52, 10 March 2016 (UTC)

  • We generally don't provide such support, but could you please clarify are those Wikipedians active or what are the criteria to give these Tshirts and merchandise materials? -- Tito Dutta (talk) 07:11, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
  • Those wikipedians are actively work on sa.wikipedia. CIS can see their contribution. All those wikipedians are helping in out reach programs and meet ups. They are working as volunteer. We felt that when we are going to out reach and if we have such T-shirt etc, It seems better. There are so many wikipedian who are helping but most active only asked for this. This is only criteria. NehalDaveND (talk) 09:46, 24 March 2016 (UTC)

Request fund for two-day workshop on Samskrit Wikisource - 2016[edit]

Keeping in mind to enhance the Wikisource Projet, and to increase the editors' skills, a two-day workshop on Wikisource Project is being organized on 9-10th April, 2016 at Bangalore by the Sa. Wiki community. It is expected that around 25 people would take part in the workshop.
Community link to the event: community discussion
Link to Event page and Program schedule: event page on sa wiki

Approximate Estimate of expenditure[edit]

Details No Rate Cost
Accommodation 5 600 3000
Breakfast two days 5X2 50 500
Dinner 2 days 5X2 100 1000
Lunch 2 days 2X25 100 5000
Tea and snacks 2days 2X2X25 40 4000
Miscellaneous - - 1500
Total - - 15000

On behalf of samskrit Wiki Community, I request for funding of the event. -Shubha (talk) 11:26, 5 April 2016 (UTC)

Actual expenditure incurred (Expenditure details)[edit]

Details No Rate Cost
Accommodation 5 600 3000
Breakfast two days 5X2 50 500
Dinner 2 days 5X2 100 1000
Lunch 2 days 2X15 100 3000
Tea and snacks 2days 2X2X15 40 2400
Miscellaneous - - 100400
Total - - 10400

We had requested for a funding of Rs 15000/- to conduct the 2 day workshop., involving 25 participants.. But only 15 participants turned up and hence we have incurred an expenditure of 10,400/- . The details are given above. Please approve and grant the funds. - Shubha (talk) 11:04, 13 April 2016 (UTC)

Discussion[edit]

Thanks for letting us know about this event. I am forwarding it to CIS-A2K team for discussion. We'll keep you informed. Thanks again. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 17:01, 6 April 2016 (UTC)

  • YesY Approved This is approved. We'll get in touch with you soon. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:50, 28 April 2016 (UTC)
    • Thanks for providing expenditure details. Could you please share your event report as well? Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 07:01, 28 April 2016 (UTC)
      • Thanks a lot for your support. Please see the event report here - event summary-Shubha (talk) 14:08, 3 May 2016 (UTC)
        • Thanks for providing the link. I'll get in touch with you shortly. Thanks and regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 14:44, 3 May 2016 (UTC)

Support[edit]

  1. Shubha (talk) 11:26, 5 April 2016 (UTC)
  2. Sayant Mahato (talk) 13:39, 5 April 2016 (UTC)
  3. Shivaram ac (talk) 14:59, 5 April 2016 (UTC)
  4. Puranastudy (talk) 20:45, 5 April 2016 (UTC)
  5. Narayanan V T (talk) 05:27, 6 April 2016 (UTC)
  6. Mahalakshmi Prasanna (talk) 08:23, 6 April 2016 (UTC)
  7. Sbblr0803 (talk) 01:30, 9 April 2016 (UTC)

Odia Wikipedia women's community meet up[edit]

Female wikimedians of Odia language are organising their first Wiki meetup on the 15th of this may .For this meet up, the experienced wikimedians are planning to help the new female editors ,if they are facing any problem while editing in wikipedia and also to develop a good communication among the female editors from two different cities(Puri and Bhubaneswar) which will help them in future to identify and correct their mistakes among themselves. We want the following help.

Approximate Estimate of expenditure[edit]

Details Cost(in ₹)
Travelling expenses ₹1500
Lunch for 8 wikimedians ₹3500
Total ₹5000

Internet services during the session will be provided by our program associate Mr. Sailesh Patnaik .

Endorsements[edit]

village pump discussion

On behalf of Odia Wiki Community, I request for funding of the event. --Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 11:26, 7 May 2016 (UTC)

Discussion[edit]

  • Thanks for letting us know about this program. Could you tell us about the planned activities during the meetup? -- Tito Dutta (talk) 07:59, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
  • Thank u so much for giving attention to my request. On 15th ,we are :

1 . Training on How to write in Wikipedia. ( Wiki format)

2. Solving the problems faced by Wikimedians.

3. Planning for Odia Wikipedia 14th anniversary celebration.

4. Plans on How to bring female Wikimedians to Odia Wikipedia and spread awareness about it.

We are planning this much for the 3hrs meetup. It will be really helpful for us if u can suggest anything more to do during this session . --Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 09:50, 10 May 2016 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this. Please note: we generally ask to make support request at least 3 weeks ago. I'll discuss with the team and let you know about A2K team's decision as soon as possible. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 05:38, 12 May 2016 (UTC)
  • This meetup has been postponed and will be conducted during the birthday celebration event.--Chinmayee Mishra (talk)
  • Thanks for letting us know. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 10:17, 18 May 2016 (UTC)

Expenditure details[edit]

Funding request for 14th Birthday Celebration of Odia Wikipedia[edit]

The Odia Wikimedians are planning a 2day get-together cum wokshop to celebrate the 14th birthday of Odia Wikipedia, on 4th and 5th June 2016, at Bhubaneswar. We are planning to conduct a public meeting and award noteworthy Odia Wikipedians. As per the budget discussion at VP we need:

  • Funding support of Rs. 92,000

Proposed budget[edit]

proposed detailed budget
Item Cost (in INR) Description
Travel INR20,000 Travel expenses for Guests and Odia Wikimedians
Accomodation INR30,000 Accomodation expenses for 4th June night at Bhubaneswar
Food INR20,000 Including Snacks
Printing and stationary INR5,000 Flex banner, Poster, Stickers, Notepad, Pens, Markers,tapes...
Venue INR7,000
Prizes INR5,000 for guests and noteworthy Wikipedians
Miscellaneous INR5,000 Internet charge & Unplanned exp.
Total INR92,000 approximate total expenditure

On behalf of Odia Wiki Community, I request for funding of the event. There are no any other sources from which we are seeking support. --Mrutyunjaya Kar (talk) 07:52, 13 May 2016 (UTC)The fund shall be transferred to the bank account of Sailesh Patnaik.--Mrutyunjaya Kar (talk) 07:52, 13 May 2016 (UTC)

  • Hello User:MKar, "to celebrate the 14th birthday of Odia Wikipedia, on 4th and 5th May 2016" -- please confirm the dates. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 10:48, 13 May 2016 (UTC)
    • Correct dates for the proposed event is 4th and 5th June 2016. corrected above also. Thanks.--Mrutyunjaya Kar (talk) 11:48, 13 May 2016 (UTC)
  • Thanks for updating. I am forwarding it to CIS-A2K team, and I'll keep you informed. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 16:33, 13 May 2016 (UTC)
  • Symbol confirmed.svg Hello, this request is approved and CIS-A2K is going to support this event, but please note these points:
  1. Reporting and documentation are really important, please submit detailed event report and expenditure details of the event.
  2. Here a are couple of Odia Wiki-community events we supported earlier but we have not received report and are expenditure details still, we are in touch with the organizers, it would be great if you can submit needed documentations here: Odia Wikisource 1st Birthday Celebration and Wikipedia's 15th Birthday Celebration
  • About Flex and banner, we encourage to use generic ones, or preserve the current ones for future usage. So please see if you can some of the old ones and preserve the current ones for future use.
  • If you have any question, please let us know. All the best. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 15:29, 26 May 2016 (UTC)



Request for funding Photo contest[edit]

Hello,

We are planning to organise a photo contest for Telugu Wikipedians for next three months. Here is village pump notification and here is project page.

The following would be expenses or the organising of the program:

  1. Internet charges - Rs. 3600
  2. Prizes - Rs. 7200

A total of Rs. 10,800/-

In addition, we will require 20 T-shirts, 20 Pens and 20 Mugs for consolation prizes for the three months. The above are approximate costs. Please fund the project. --Bhaskaranaidu (talk) 09:18, 19 May 2016 (UTC)

Discussion[edit]

  • Hello thanks for let us know about this planned event. I'll forward this request to our team, and will keep you informed. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 12:00, 19 May 2016 (UTC)

Request For Funding of In-depth Meet-up of Bengali Wikipedia editor community in Kolkata[edit]

The Bengali Wikipedians have decided to go ahead and hold an important Meet-up in the run up to the WCI 2016 at Kolkata tentatively between the 5th & 12th of June. This is going to be the biggest Meet-up with the primarily Kolkata based wikipedians after more than six months. This Meetup is a very crucial meetup in the sense that this Meetup will discuss and plan on the strategies concerning Bengali Wikipedia in the immediate future. Through this Meetup; the community expects to set context to the monthly bnwiki meetups as well that is being planned at the moment by active editors and contributos to improve Wikimedia Projects in Bengali. Furthermore, the community will also discuss ways that can help to better the movement offline & online such as emulating similar kinds of hackathons & editathons that has been pulled off successfully by our Bengali speaking neighbour. Almost all of the active community members have reached consensus regarding this meetup.

  • Funding support of Rs. 10,200
proposed detailed budget
Item Cost (in INR) Description
Travel INR1,700 Travel reimbursement for Bengali Wikimedian by Rail
Food INR3,000 Including Snacks
Accessories INR2,000 Projectors, Mike, Poster, Notepad, Pens...
Venue INR2,500 Might not be needed
Miscellaneous INR1,000 Internet charge and any other unplanned expenditures
Total INR10,200 approximate total expenditure

Endorsements[edit]

-- Mouryan (talk) 11:02, 22 May 2016 (UTC)

Discussion[edit]

Thanks for letting us know about this plan. We have a few questions:

  1. We have read your agenda items. Please tell us a few topics you plan to discuss during the meet-up?
  2. Is there any (tentative) follow-up plan(s)?
  3. You have mentioned INR 1,700 as travel expenditure by train. Could you tell us how many people will travel and from which place?
  4. As you are calling it an "in-depth Meet-up of Bengali Wikipedia", are you inviting Bangladeshi Bengali Wikipedians too, to join remotely (Skype etc.)? -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:09, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
Responses
  1. This meetup is unique in the fact that the community is going to discuss on both technical and non-technical matters that are of concern to the community. The meetup as observed above will also talk in great detail of the future action-plans and programs of the West Bengal based Bengali Wikipedia community apart from all the general talks and discussions. Issues such as Google OCR problem in Bengali Wikipedia that has still not been sorted out even after a previous(predominantly issues-based meetup, the last year) will also be addressed.
  2. Yes, this meetup will have similar kinds of review meetups which will follow both in the near and distant future.
    As a matter of fact, the community by-and-large, is currently deliberating with the idea of having monthly meetups for Bengali Wikipedia which all the active contributors do believe will eventually serve good purpose. Discussions related to this will also be taking place.
  3. The INR 1,700 is the travel expenditure of one person by train from Chennai to Howrah, India.
  4. Concerned and necessary Bangladeshi Wikipedians shall be given all the required post-meetup briefing and summaries, which will include all the important aspects of this meetup.
    However, as of now there is NO intention of either inviting or involving the Bangladeshi wikipedians to the meetup and its proceedings itself; by Skype, Hangouts, GTalk! or by any other electronic or non-electronic means.

PS: This meetup, as far as I can personally note is going to be of high relevance to the community. -- Mouryan (talk) 14:02, 23 May 2016 (UTC)

  • Hello Mouryan, thanks a lot for your detailed reply. CIS-A2K has decided to support this event, but please note these points and/or clarify these things before we officially approve it:
  1. Please submit original bills and reports after the event.
  2. Venue and internet are generally considered in-kind support (during your meetup in Kolkata in October, these were arranged by the Kolkata community. Kannada and a few other communities are conducting monthly meetups in this way). Also you have shown INR 1000.00 as possible internet bill. a) Are you going to conduct an edit-a-thon that day? b) is it possible that someone of you will bring their internet dongle?
  3. Have you finalized a date yet, is it 5th or 12th?

-- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:44, 25 May 2016 (UTC)

First and foremost I am on behalf of the entire community thankful for CIS's support and to you personally for being so prompt in getting back to me. Below are the points that will help in your considerations
Clarifications
  1. Yes we will try to be as prompt as possible in furnishing all the detailed bills- which are under no circumstances expected to exceed the stated amount- of the expenditure incurred during the meetup soon after its conclusion.
  2. I am sorry; as I hadn't been part of the earlier meetup I wasn't really aware about this aspect and hence I had previously provided the given amount. However I had a discussion with a fellow community member and the internet will be internally arranged.
  3. The date of the meet-up is expected to be on the 11th of June. The exact date without fail will be conveyed within two (business) days from today. Actually, we are trying very hard at this moment to get a suitable venue ready at free of cost to save on the expenditures. Apologies for the delay and confusion -- Mouryan (talk) 14:11, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
  • Thanks. Please let us know once date and venue are finalized. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:42, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
The venue and the date of the Meetup has both been finalised. It has been decided that the community is all set to meet on 11th of June, Saturday at the premises of St John's Church, Kolkata- a venue that has been carefully chosen.

Also, one very important declaration from my side is that there is a slight revision in the expenditures. We will not be in need of the earlier stated amount(of INR 10,200). Instead the community will only be in requirement of a total of INR 5000(ie. 49.02% of the previously stated amount); the break-up of which I'm presenting below:

Revised Budget
Item Cost (in INR) Description
Travel INR1,700 Travel reimbursement for Bengali Wikimedian by Rail
Food INR3,000 Including Snacks
Miscellaneous INR300 Any kinds of accessories, pen & papers and/or any other unplanned expenditures
Total INR5000 Total expenditure

It would also be extremely helpful if an initial lump sum amount is transferred to me(primary organizer, on behalf of the entire community) beforehand. Sorry for all the delays from our end. -- Mouryan (talk) 18:44, 26 May 2016 (UTC)

    • Thanks for your reply. I'll forward these information to A2K team, and will keep you informed. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 19:02, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
  • Symbol confirmed.svg Hello, this request is approved and CIS-A2K is going to support this event. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:30, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
The community is overwhelmed and is thankful for the support Face-smile.svg -- Mouryan (talk) 11:01, 3 June 2016 (UTC)

Tools for effective outreach programs[edit]

About me:
I am active on Marathi Wikipedia for the last 7 months.I registered on 27th October 2015 and done 800+ edits in Marathi WP. Uploaded 30+ images on Commons. Few edits in En WP. I spend @15 hrs per week on WP.
Objective:
I am conducting training programs for people active in social movements and local environmental issues. I have developed process to create Village article based on Census data and then adding environmental reality by local community. I have trained 500+ persons at various places in Maharashtra, Goa, Kerala, Tamilnadu and Karnataka. I have facilitated 150+ persons to become WP member, out of which @10 are active editors now.
Plan:
I have planned to publish articles on environmental issues and affected villages of Western Ghats spread over 5 states with the participation of local active citizens. Images related to these issues will be uploaded simultaneously on Commons.
Need:
To achieve the above mentioned objective effectively and efficiently, I require following tools -

  1. 6" Tablet - 2 no.s
  2. Camera - 1 no.
  3. Internet dongle - 1 no.

--सुबोध कुलकर्णी (talk) 12:58, 10 June 2016 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this. I'll forward this to A2K team and will keep you updated. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 12:50, 14 June 2016 (UTC)