Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests/Archive 2017 1

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Requests to CIS-A2K
This is an archive, please do not edit this page
2013
(January—June, July—December)
2014
(January—June, July—December)
2015
(January—June, July—December)
2016
(January—June), July—December)
2017
(January—June.)
Content of this page have been moved from Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests

Contents

Request For Funding/SWAG for Bengali Wikisource 10th anniversary 6 month long Proofreading Contest.[edit]

The Bengali Wikisourcers have decided to organize a 7-month long online proofreading contest for its 10th anniversary celebration. The contest will start on 1st January 2017 and end on 31 July 2017.

As per discussion, the community will declare the names of ten winners in August, 2017 and CIS is requested to send the prizes directly to them. The prize will be Gift Vouchers (Amazon or same alike) and SWAGs like Wikisource T-shirt, Badge, Memento, etc. Wikimedia Bangladesh has agreed to send SWAGs only to the winners residing in Bangladesh. CIS is requested to send Gift Vouchers to all winners i.e. Wikisourcers residing in India, Bangladesh and other countries and SWAGs to winners from India and other foreign countries, except Bangladesh. The community will decide about the design of the T-shirt later and send it to CIS.

The Gift voucher may be distributed as follows

  • 1st Prize ( 100$ ) worth Gift voucher
  • 2nd Prize ( 70$ ) worth Gift voucher
  • 3rd Prize ( 50$ ) worth Gift voucher
  • 4th to 10th ( 10$ X 7 = 70$ ) worth Consolation Gift voucher

So total gift voucher amount will be 290$ = Rs 19675.05.

Necessary links
  • Thanks for letting us know about this plan. This looks interesting. Could you please fix "Necessary links" #1, #2 above for reference? Thank you. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 20:00, 19 December 2016 (UTC)
  • Thanks for fixing the links. a) please let us know if there is any minimum contribution threshold. Theoretically if 12-13 people participate, and the 10th participants (by ranking) make very little or only a few edits, would he be eligible to get prize? b) Bn Wikisource posts suggests: "তার সঙ্গে টি-শার্ট, ট্রলি ব্যাগ, ভাল সান-গ্লাস ইত্যাদি থাকতে পারে", you have written "and SWAGs like Wikisource T-shirt, Badge, Memento, etc" -- could you make it a little more specific? 10 gift vouchers, 10 Tshirts (or change the number, logo design to be sent by Bengali community), please use this format. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 03:52, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
Thanks @Titodutta: for quick response. Regarding your question - a) Edit count will not be the judging criteria to announce winners of the project. Number of pages proofread and validated by the user along with the quality of the proofread pages will be the main criteria to determine winners. And as the contest will happen for 7 months, we are expecting to engage a lot more participants than just 12-13 participants. The main aim of this contest is to increase interest about Bengali Wikisource among Wikimedians and non-Wikimedians and convert themselves into active or very active contributors. So, it is unlikely to have the 10th winner to have very few edit counts, still, if it happens, then he/she will be sent the prize as per the judging criteria. b) Regarding prizes, what you have quoted was not the decision, but discussion of the options only. What we have decided is 10 gift vouchers, 10 T-shirts, 10 Wikisource Badges and 10 Mementos. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 07:07, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
  • Thanks for your reply. I have forwarded this to our team, and will let you know about our feedback and decision. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 07:21, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
  • Thank you User:Jayantanth and User:Bodhisattwa for providing additional information. CIS-A2K feels that it is a very important project and may add a lot of useful content to Bengali Wikisource. CIS-A2K would like to get involved in and support this project. We suggest that after the event is started on 1 January, you and we do progress assessment at the end of March. We understand that for a 7-months long project like this, it is very difficult to estimate outputs in the beginning. we hope the proposed assessment in the month of March will help here. Following this, your request is Approved Approved. Thanks for planning this wonderful event. Also note, if you need some other support in planning, promoting or conducting this event, CIS-A2K would try to work with you there as well. Please let us know if you have any question(s). Regards and all the best. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 11:29, 24 December 2016 (UTC)
Thanks @Titodutta: for approving the request. We will provide an assessment report at the end of March. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 12:48, 24 December 2016 (UTC)
Interim Short Report on June 19, 2017
  • Global Metrics
    • Number of active editors involved - 30
    • Number of new registered users - 44
    • Number of individuals involved - 53
    • Number of new images/media added to Wikimedia article pages - Not applicable to Wikisource
    • Number of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects - Not applicable to Wikisource
    • Number of bytes added to and/or deleted from Wikimedia projects - Not important for Wikisource
  • Other metrics
    • Number of books selected for contest - 54
    • Total number of NS:Page for contest - 4807 -- Bodhisattwa (talk)
  • Thanks for the report. :) It would be great if you provide these reports:
  1. Number of pages proofread, and number of pages validated;
  2. Top ten editors' contributions per number of pages proofread and validated; (this is really important, as you are looking for top 10 prizes)
  3. Number of books published. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 11:35, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
Regards -- Tito Dutta (talk) 11:35, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
@Titodutta:, We don't have the suitable tool to generate these statistics for Wikisource right now. Although we are looking for the tool, but help regarding building such tools from your side is highly appreciated. We will give the full report once the competition is finished. Thanks. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 16:09, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
Final Stats

@Titodutta:, below are the links of the outcome of the event.

  • Proofreading status of books - Find here
  • Number of participants - 54
  • Book wise distribution of participant contribution - Here
  • Page wise distribution of participant contributions - Here

We have given you the access to the google sheet tabulating the necessary information about the award winners, so that CIS-A2K can send them the awards. Thanks. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 15:24, 27 August 2017 (UTC)

Request for travel support to give talk at 4CCon[edit]

I have proposed to give a talk on Creating an active Tulu Wikipedia community at the 4CCon. The conference will be held at Chennai during Jan 27-28, 2017. I am requesting sponsorship for travel and accommodation.

Proposed activity[edit]

Presenting about my experiences in creating and nurturing an active editor community of Tulu Wikimedians.

Useful links[edit]

  • Conference website.
  • Abstract of my talk is here.
  • My blog on the topic is here.

Goal and expected impact[edit]

  • Interaction with the communities working in the areas of Indian language computing, open-source, localisation, open knowledge, which will help in further strengthening the existing networks.
  • Participating in birds of feather meetings which will help in knowledge exchange
  • Explore possible collaboration in possible areas of Wikimedia projects.

Budget[edit]

Total funding needed = ₹ 18,900

Breakup of budget (amounts are in INR):

Detail Rate Quantity Amount
Registration 2000 1 2000
Travel Bengaluru-Chennai 900 2 1800
Local travel at Bengaluru 300 2 600
Accommodation at Chennai 4000 3 12000
Local travel at Chennai 300 4 1200
Food 325 4 1300
Total 18,900

Please approve and inform me.--Pavanaja (talk) 12:20, 4 January 2017 (UTC)

  • Pavanaja sir, thanks for letting us know about this initiative, we'll discuss this, and will let you know if we have any question. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:41, 5 January 2017 (UTC)
  • Hello Pavanaja sir, CIS-A2K would not be able to provide the registration fees, about the other items CIS-A2K would support those in form of reimbursement after submission of original bills, and expenditure details. Please also share your learning and experiences with community members. Based on these observations, Approved Approved this request is approved by CIS-A2K. All the best. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:32, 13 January 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for approving my request. I will definitely write a blog to share my experience with the community as I have done earlier with FUEL-GILT conference participation.--Pavanaja (talk) 11:37, 13 January 2017 (UTC)

Report[edit]

Creating an active Tulu Wikipedia community

The conference went on well. In the Wikipedia track, Ravishankar, Dhanalakshmi and myself did the presentations. I gave the presentation about the experience of creating an active Tulu Wikipedia community. Most of the content of the presentation is already present in my blog. The slide deck of the presentation is available in Commons. Tweeted about the presentation here. After the talk some participants interacted with me and appreciated the efforts. Some participants were eager to start Wikipedia program at their institutes. Interesting request came from some participants from Pondichery -they wanted me to talk few sentences in Tulu. They wanted to hear how the language is spoken and how much close it is to Tamil since both are Dravidian languages.

I have sent the bills to CIS by courier today.--Pavanaja (talk) 16:18, 31 January 2017 (UTC)

Request for Funding of One Day Wiki workshop for Malayalam Wikipedia at Kozhikkode[edit]

We are conducting a one day wikipedia training workshop on 11th January 2017 at Kozhikkode, Kerala, India. This event is with a part of a 5-day event conducted by environment magazine called keraleeyam, the magazine is mainly focusing on environmental issues. Malayala Wikipedia Community with Madav Gadgil's Support, already conducted two workshops at Thrissur and Thiruvananthapuram in Same Theme. This is the continuation event of that series. They allotted us one day for wikiworkshop. The main target of the event is to create new wikipedians who can update the content, photographs about environment,peoples environmental struggles, biodiversity of westernghats etc. We already made some arrangements to advance the fund for the requirement of this workshop. If you can grant the amount as a bill refund then that will be helpful.

Event Details[edit]

  • Date - 11th January 2017
  • Expected People - 40 to 75

Programme Leads[edit]

Proposed Activity[edit]

A full day training about wikipedia and wikimedia commons. (How to create an article, wiki syntax training, How to upload pictures, how to add pictures to articles etc.)

Links[edit]

Malayalam Wikipedia Event Page

Goal[edit]

Creating new wiki users who can add content about environment in kerala, environmental struggles in kerala, pictures of biodiversity of western ghats.

Budget[edit]

Total funding needed = ₹ 12,250

Proposed Budget
Item Details Nos Cost (in INR) Description
Auditorium 1 2500 Rent for the auditorium (One Day)
Internet 500*4 Dongles 2000 Idea Internet Wifi Dongle to use for hands on training
Projector 1 1500 Rent for Projector and Screen
Print-outs & Photocopies 50 500 Wiki Quick Reference Card Print Out - 4 Sheets for each person
Local Transport & TA 750 * 3 Persons 2250 Transport for 3 Persons
Food and Water 2500 Lunch and Snacks for Participants
Banners 2 1000 A banner of Stage and Another on entrance
Grand Total 12250

--Ranjithsiji (talk) 06:05, 10 January 2017 (UTC)

Endorsements[edit]

  1. Support Support -- Lalsinbox (talk) 07:15, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
  2. Support Support --Manojk (talk) 07:24, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
  3. Support Support Netha Hussain (talk) 07:38, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
  4. Support Support Balasankarc (talk) 07:46, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
  5. Support SupportIrvin calicut (talk) 08:55, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
  6. Support Support--Vijayakumarblathur (talk) 10:18, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
  7. Support Support--Sidheeq (talk) 10:23, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
  8. Support Support Dr Fuad --Fuadaj (talk) 13:52, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
  9. Support Support Jaisuvyas (talk) 04:05, 11 January 2017 (UTC)

Discussion[edit]

  • Hello, thanks for letting us know about this. We ask to inform us about an event at least 3 weeks in advance. Please note: we won't be able to support these things: a) auditorium, b) internet, c) projector (these are generally considered as in-kind support), and d) banner (we encourage you to re-use banners, please try to use already created banners).
    Please provide us some details about the travels (who will travel, places, mode). Approved Approved We can support travel, food, printout and photocopies as reimbursement only after we get expenditure details, including original bills, and event report. Following this it has been approved. Let us know if you have questions. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:10, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
Thumbs upYesterday Program Was Ended good. 30+ Participants. We will folloup the things ASAP.--Manojk (talk) 07:39, 12 January 2017 (UTC)

Report[edit]

Wikipedia editors workshop was conducted on 11th January 2017 at shikshak sadan, Kozhikode. Thirty five people participated in the full day workshop. Ten new users registered to Wikipedia during the workshop.

Most of them are Media/Journalism students. Neethu Das, who studying about Plachimada strike, Nabeel, who wrote about book about quarries in western ghats and environmentalists like Shafeeque Thamarassery, Santhosh Kumar, Jamsheena Mullappat have participated in the programme.

The Wikipedia team visited the regional office of Zoological survey of India Kozhikode after the workshop. The team visited a museum there.

All the details are be updated in the event page.

Expenses on this project were on the below mentioned sections -

1. Travelling of editors, 2. tea and Lunch during the workshop

I will be mailing the detailed expenses breakup and all original bills where applicable to CIS A2K shortly.

Request for funding the workshop and competition awards of Wikipedia Takes Kolkata VI[edit]

With the sixth season of Wikipedia Takes Kolkata we have made some plans to make it more useful. While the earlier events fetched impressive number of contributions, those were mainly done by a handful of contributors. After researching we found, for many, one of the main reasons was the inability of crossing the initial hurdle of understanding the upload process of Wikimedia Commons. So, this time we have planned a short workshop to teach the basics of file handling in Commons along with other things e.g. creating a Wikimedia account etc.

Also to encourage upload of relevant images (and videos) we have planned to organise a competition. While there will be 3 winners for the best three relevant images, there will also be an award for uploading most number of relevant files which can be used in various articles. We plan to award certificates and goodies with Wikipedia logo which will also help them mentally to connect with the project more.

We have seen before that after covering so many places, sometimes the uploader gets confused about the monuments/structures and tags it wrongly. To avoid this we have planned to distribute a printed material with a short description and an image of the places we will cover along with a route map. These can be used later by the participants to write descriptions and tags of the files they upload.

We are expecting a turnaround of 20 people this time including the organisers.

Budget[edit]

Please find below the estimated budget breakup.

Detailed proposed budget
Item Cost (in INR) Description
Certificates for the winners NA 4 certificates are requested for the 3 best photos and one maximum relevant upload.
Wikipedia Tshirts NA 4 Tshirts for winners + 4 consolation gifts. Also we would request to break up the number of Tshirts to sizes M,L and XL (4+2+2) so that we could distribute it according to size.
Mugs with Wiki Takes Kolkata VI printed INR800 4 mugs
Venue for workshop INR2500 We are in process of talking with venues close to the walk area
Food INR4500 Breakfast and lunch for participants
Printing material INR200 Printing of description material
Miscellaneous (Recce, conveyance etc.) INR300 Unplanned expenditure
Total INR8,300 approximate total expenditure

Links[edit]

  1. Event page on English Wikipedia
  2. Event page on Bengali Wikipedia
  3. Bengali Wikipedia Village Pump

Would request CIS to consider the above proposal. Thank you! --Sumitsurai (talk) 07:52, 12 January 2017 (UTC)

  • Thanks User:Sumitsurai, for letting us know about this initiative. A few questions and comments
  1. Thanks for linking the village pump post, however we could not find any discussion there.
  2. You have linked English and Bengali event page. There too we could not find a participants' list (usernames only). These help to understand community involvement.
  3. Venue is generally considered an in-kind support, and CIS-A2K expects that the organizers arrange it themselves.
  4. "Certificates for the winners" -- However CIS-A2K sometimes help communities to prepare certificates, CIS-A2K thinks that a community should prepare their certificate so that questions and topics like certificate design, content, signatory can be handled directly by them.
  5. We understand that it might be difficult now to state specific output, but could you tell us about the expected result, such as how many photos are you expecting? are you going to use these images on different Wikimedia project? How?
  6. Is there any follow-up plan?

Please let us know if you want us to further explain any of these questions or if you need any other help. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:48, 13 January 2017 (UTC)

    • Thanks User:Titodutta for the reply. Please find below my replies to the queries your posted.

1. The village pump post was made a bit late considering the date of the event. The supports have started to come in and we are hopeful that more volunteers from the community would join shortly.

2. The participants have started to add names now. Most activity is on the English Wikipedia Event page.

3. If CIS knows of any venue which we can get, we would request them to help us get that. We are also trying to get a venue at minimum.

4. Thank you for letting us know of this. We are checking here what can be done.

5. This time we are planning the below points -

  • Increase the number of relevant uploads i.e. images of destinations that we are planning to visit.
  • Atleast two videos to establish the destination and its ambiance/surroundings.
  • We are inviting people to the walk whom we think can be potential future contributors to Wikipedia. We will encourage them and teach them the basics in the workshop.
  • We are in process of creating a list of articles which will need the images we will be uploading. We are also planning to create new / enrich existing Wikipedia articles. We are also talking with local libraries so that we can get reference materials for the articles.

6. We plan to invite the new Wikipedians to future monthly meet and get them involved. Also we are planing a more advanced workshop for them once they get started with the initial edits and uploads.

Please do let me know if anything is not clear or need further explanation. Thank you --Sumitsurai (talk) 09:28, 14 January 2017 (UTC)

  • Thanks for providing these details. CIS-A2K feels that it is an interesting project and behalf of the team we congratulate you for conducting the fourth iteration of the event. Please note these points:
  1. Very recently CIS-A2K provided venue another West Bengal Wikimedia event, CIS-A2K can not help with venue at this moment.
  2. We can provide these supports a) Tshirts for winners, we are hesitant about giving Tshirts as consolation prize b) food, c) miscellaneous amount if spent.
  3. We can not provide these supports: a) venue, b) mugs.

The requested amounts will be given to the community in form of reimbursements. CIS-A2K requests you to prepare report and expenditure details, please also submit all the original bills.
Let us know if you have any question. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 05:06, 17 January 2017 (UTC)

    • Thank you first of all for approving this project. However I would request CIS-A2K to consider sending atleast some amount in advance, which would help us organise the event successfully. We would be providing detailed report and expenditure details along with original bills where applicable. Also, about the mug, we included this as we thought it would be a good prize along with the t-shirts to raise interest among the participants. As it would not be possible for CIS-A2K to provide these, we planned to acquire it from some sponsor. We are in initial talks with few. But before finalising thought of discussing it here. The sponsors want us to print a logo of them as sponsor alongside the Wikipedia Takes Kolkata VI text in the mugs. Also in the event pages their logo needs to be added under prize sponsor. If there is no problem with these we can move forward with them. Need your input for the same. --Sumitsurai (talk) 10:47, 20 January 2017 (UTC)
  • Hello Sumitsurai, we do not have any problem if other sponsors/organizations help in this event. It is absolutely okay for us as well, if you want to give credit/attribution to them in the event page. About advanced payment, it is slightly difficult for us, we'll check and get back to you soon. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 03:46, 21 January 2017 (UTC)
    • Thanks Tito Dutta for the clarification. Looking forward to your reply about the advance payment. --Sumitsurai (talk) 09:54, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
    • The photowalk along with the workshop has been completed successfully. Thanks to CIS-A2K and User:Titodutta. I would submit the detailed report shortly. Also will update the event pages with details. We are also planning further follow up programs for the new Wikipedians. --Sumitsurai (talk) 05:24, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
    • Thanks for letting us know. Please update the report and the event page, and please send all the original bills along with an expenditure details to

Tanveer Hasan and Tito Dutta
The Centre for Internet and Society No. 194, 2nd 'C' Cross,
Domlur 2nd Stage
Bangalore 560 071

Phone: +91 80 40926283

Let us know if you have any question. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:00, 2 February 2017 (UTC)

    • Have updated the event page on English Wikipedia. Will be submitting a report with detailed expense breakup here by tonight. Also will mail the original bills tomorrow. --Sumitsurai (talk) 09:02, 9 February 2017 (UTC)

Report[edit]

We have successfully completed the walk and the workshop. Nine new users registered to Wikipedia during the workshop. The photo uploading is also going well. We have already crossed 400 relevant photo uploads (600+ total images uploaded till now) and more is being added every day. 5 photos have already been assessed as Quality Image. One article has already been created in Bengali Wikipedia. We are gathering resources for more. All the details will be updated in the event page.

Post walk workshop was also a success where we explained photo upload and categorization to new Wikipedians and they have already started uploading and categorizing images in Commons.

Expenses on this project were on the below mentioned sections -

1. Miscellaneous - Recce for getting permission for photo shoots prior to the walk, conveyance etc. 2. Breakfast and tea during walk. 3. Lunch during workshop

I will be mailing the detailed expenses breakup and all original bills where applicable to CIS A2K shortly. --Sumitsurai (talk) 08:28, 10 February 2017 (UTC)

हिन्दी और गुजराती विकिपीडिया कार्यशाला 19/02/2017[edit]

नमः सर्वेभ्यः! हिन्दी और गुजराती में नूतन सम्पादकों को सम्मिलत करने और उनको विकिपीडिया का प्रारम्भिक ज्ञान प्रदान करने हेतु 19/2/2017 को कार्यशाला का आयोजन कर्णावती (अ'बाद) में AMA में करने का आयोजन किया है।

उद्देश – ये कार्यशाला में आमन्त्रित अधिकतर जन शिक्षक, प्राध्यापक या अन्तर्जाल पर सक्रिय हैं। उनको विकिपीडिया के विषय में बता कर सम्पादक के रूप में जोडना।

लाभ – इस कार्यशाला से एक शृङ्खला का आरंभ होगा, जो विकिपीडिया में सम्पादकों को जोड़ेगा। नूतन सम्पादक आने से और उनको प्रशिक्षित करने से अच्छे लेख और सकारात्मक सम्पादन की सम्भावना बढ़ जायेगी। हिन्दी और गुजराती विकिपीडिया समुदाय का भी विस्तार होगा।

पाठन व्यवस्था – विकिपीडिया में प्रेवश, सम्पादन, लेख आरंभ कैसे करना इत्यादि विषयों के साथ पंचशील और मूलभूत विकिनियमों को पढाया जायेगा। हिन्दी और गुजराती के लिये पि.पि.टि पूर्व से ही सज्ज है, तो उसके आधार पर क्रमशः सत्रशः विकिपीडिया ज्ञान दिया जायेगा।

सङ्ख्या – वैसे तो आमन्त्रण 40 लोगो को दिया है। परन्तु अब तक 33 लोगो ने आने की पुष्टि की है। 1/2/17 से गूगल फोर्म बना कर पञ्जीकरण करवाने का आरम्भ करेंगे, जिससे सङ्ख्या स्पष्ट हो जायेगी।

अर्थसङ्कल्प[edit]

विवरण प्रति इकाई मूल्य # इकाई संख्या योग (भारतीय रूपये?)
पानी की कूपी 15 70 1050
मध्याह्न भोजन 100 38 3800
अल्पाहार (दो बार) 25 38 950
फलक (बेनर) 300 2 600
विकिपीडियन्स् का यात्रा व्यय 1200 4* 1200
सम्पूर्ण योग 7600
  • एक विकिपीडियन् अमरेली से आयेंगे जो कर्णावती से 211 कि.मी. दूर है। उनका व्यय ही 400 जितना होगा। बाकी स्थान इत्यादि पर व्यवस्था सम्बन्धित यात्रा व्यय।

सामान्य स्पष्टता[edit]

१) वारंवारिता – यह कार्यशाला आरम्भ है। इसके पश्चात् प्रतिमाह विकिपीडियन्स् के द्वारा गोष्ठी होगी और ये प्रयास होगा कि इस कार्यशाला में उपस्थित कितने सदस्य आगे इस कार्य में दुबारा जुड़ेंगे। इस कार्यशाला में उपस्थित सभी के क्रमांक और वि-पत्र संकेत सुरक्षित किये जायेंगे। जिससे क्रमशः उन सब को पुनः कार्यशाला में आने के लिये प्रेरित किया जा सके और विकिपीडिया में उनको सम्पादन के लिये भी मार्गदर्शन दिया जा सके।

२) कार्यशाला के अनन्तर – सम्पर्क के अतिरिक्त अन्य कार्यशाला करने का भी निश्चय है। प्रतिमाह विकिपीडियन्स् की गोष्ठी में विकिपीडिया कार्यशाला के लिये एक स्थान और दिनाङ्क निश्चित किये जायेंगे। एवं प्रतिमाह या माह में दो बार भी विकिपीडिया के नवागन्तुको को प्रेरित करना, सम्पादनस्पर्धा, चित्रस्पर्धा और कार्यशाला का आयोजन किया जायेगा।

३) Nehal Dave, Sanjay Behani, आर्यावर्त और सौरभजी विकिपीडियन्स हैं।

इसका विवरण हिन्दी विकिपीडिया पर यहाँ और गुजराती विकिपीडिया पर यहाँ प्रस्थापित किया गया है। NehalDaveND (talk) 11:47, 29 January 2017 (UTC)

समर्थन[edit]

  1. Support Support निरंतरता हेतु अत्यंत आवश्यक Swapnil.Karambelkar (talk) 12:14, 29 January 2017 (UTC)
  2. Support Support --Muzammil (talk) 12:30, 29 January 2017 (UTC)
  3. Support Support--आर्यावर्त (talk) 12:33, 29 January 2017 (UTC)
  4. Support Support --Ashish BhatnagarPlume pen w.giftalk 20:26, 29 January 2017 (UTC)
  5. Support Support --Jayprakash12345 (talk) 20:33, 29 January 2017 (UTC)
  6. Support Support -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 08:21, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
  7. Support Support --Anamdas (talk) 18:55, 31 January 2017 (UTC)
  8. Support Support --अजीत कुमार तिवारी (talk) 03:18, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
  9. Support Support ----KartikMistry (talk) 07:21, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
  10. Support Support--Sushant savla (talk) 16:58, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
  11. Support Support--Satish Patel 18:12, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
  12. Support Support--Nizil Shah (talk) 07:10, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
  13. Support Support--Gazal world (talk) 12:53, 9 February 2017 (UTC)

असमर्थन[edit]

टिप्पणी[edit]

निर्णय[edit]

Thanks for letting us know about this initiative. I'll forward it to the CIS-A2K team, and will keep you informed. Thanks. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:03, 2 February 2017 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this initiative. Venue is generally considered as in-kind support, so CIS-A2K won't be able to provide this particular support. A2K would be willing to reimburse expenses such as food, travel, water on submission of event report and original bills. Please let us know if you have any question(s). Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:33, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
  • @Titodutta: उचित है। स्थान ही महत्त्वपूर्ण था। अच्छी नेट और संगणक की सुविधा की इच्छा थी। परन्तु यदि ये इस में सम्मिलित नहीं हो सकता तो अन्य सदस्यों से बात करके देखता हूँ कि, स्वयं के खर्चे पर करना है या अनुदान लेना है। आपके प्रत्युत्तर के लिये धन्यवाद। अस्तु। NehalDaveND (talk) 11:30, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
  • Nehal, thanks for your reply. As I told in my earlier reply that venue is considered as an "in-kind support", so we request you to check if it possible for your to find free venue. However, if you can not manage to get one at all, please let us know. Best, --06:38, 10 February 2017 (UTC)
  • @Titodutta: स्थान नीकाल दिया। NehalDaveND (talk) 05:36, 11 February 2017 (UTC)
  • Following the discussion, and observations above, this request is Approved Approved. Please keep all the original bills with you, and after the event, please prepare an event report. Let us know if you have any question. All the best. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 11:18, 15 February 2017 (UTC)

विवरण[edit]

नमस्ते इस कार्यशाला का विवरण यहाँ प्रस्तुत कर रहा हूँ। कार्यशाला के दिन जो सम्पादन हुए उसका विवरण निम्न प्रकार से है।

  • सत्र का आयोजन इस प्रकार था

कार्यशाला के तीन सत्र होंगे : पंजीकरण : प्रातः 9.30 बजे पहला सत्र : प्रातः 10 से 11 बजे तक • विकिपीडिया का महत्त्व – संजय बेंगानी - 10 • विकिपीडिया का परिचय (विकिमीडिया, हिन्दी-गुजराती-संस्कृत विकिपिडीया) – योगेश कवीश्वर - 15 • पांच स्तम्भ – अनिकेतभाई भट्ट - 15 • विकिपीडिया अनुकूल लेखन पद्धति और क्या करें क्या नहीं? – नेहल दवे - 20 चाय अवकाश : 11 से 11.15 तक दूसरा सत्र : 11.15 से 1.15 बजे तक • विकिपीडिया अनुरूप अभिविन्यास (सेटिंग) - अनिकेतजी 10, योगेशजी 10 • विकिपीडिया के अनुरूप लेख कैसे बनायें? नेहल दवे - 20 • लेखन कार्य और कंटन कार्य (प्रयोगपृष्ठ) भोजनावकाश : 1.15 से 1.45 बजे तक तीसरा सत्र : 1.45 से 3.45 तक • यथादृश्य सम्पादिका - नेहल दवे • श्रेणी, फलक, चौपाल, सहायता - नेहल दवे अल्पाहार अवकाश : 3.45 से 4 बजे तक (चाय)

  • उपस्थिति संख्या 30 का अनुमान था परन्तु 18 लोग उपस्थित रह पाये थे। वहाँ सब व्यवस्था करने पर भी नेट के कारण अधिकतर सम्पादन हो नहीं पाए। परन्तु बाद में उन सम्बादनों को करवाने में व्यक्तिगत रूप से सहायता की गई। वहाँ जो उपस्थित थे उन में से 4 लोग अभी हिन्दी विकिपीडिया पर सक्रिय हैं, जिनमें अनिलजी, ब्रीजेशजी, सम्राटजी और दीपकभाटिया जी है। इन में भी अभी अधिक सक्रिय ब्रजीेशजी हैं। आगे इन लोगो के साथ एक और कार्यशाला करने का विचार है, जिस में अन्य लोग भी जोड़े जा सकते हैं। धनव्यय का विवरण मेल द्वारा भेजा है और सम्पादन का विवरण भी यहाँ है। नेट के कारण जो सम्पादन उसी दिन होने थे वो नहीं हो पाए परन्तु पैसे देने पर भी नेट बंध हो गया और बार बार बुलाने पर भी रविवार होने के कारण कोई व्यक्ति उपस्थित नहीं हुआ। ये इस कार्यशाला में सब से बड़ी समस्या थी। ऐसा आगे न हो इसका ध्यान रक्खा जाएगा। अस्तु। NehalDaveND (talk) 07:59, 5 May 2017 (UTC)

Reimbursement claim for representing Hindi Wikipedia at the Fourth International Hindi Conference[edit]

Hello,

Some time back I had approached here with a request for CIS-A2K support to attend the Fourth International Hindi Conference at Vizag. I prepared a brief event report which can be seen here. A link to this report is also shared on the Hindi Wikipedia Village pump in the section where the community endorsed the representation.

Also my name as a speaker can be seen in the Conference agenda (9:00 am-10:30 am : PARALLEL SESSION 2, SUNDAY, JANUARY 08, 2017) here on the conference website.


The following is the list of actual expenses incurred under the approved heads:

Particulars Amount (Rs)
Bus / Train Travel 2635
Local Commuting 801
Expenditure in connection with stay 2500
Total 5936

I request the approval of this claim. Thanks in advance. --Muzammil (talk) 18:58, 31 January 2017 (UTC)

  • Hello Muzammil, please send all original bills to

Tanveer Hasan and Tito Dutta
The Centre for Internet and Society No. 194, 2nd 'C' Cross,
Domlur 2nd Stage
Bangalore 560 071

Phone: +91 80 40926283

If have presentation/reports please share the links as well. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:20, 1 February 2017 (UTC)

'Open Access - The Road to Freedom' Conference by CSIR-IICB[edit]

Society for Information Science, India is organizing an event SIS-2017 featuring Conference on Open Access:The Road to Freedom scheduled to be held at IICS, Kolkata between 7th and 8th April. I have registered for the event and would be presenting a talk and paper on WikiJournal and the abstract of the same can be found here. I have already paid the conference fees. I would be glad if CIS could reimburse me for the same. No travel or accommodation costs needed.

  • Total amount requested: INR1,000 [Conference fees]DiptanshuTalk 06:01, 11 February 2017 (UTC)
  • Hello, thanks for letting us know about this request. CIS-A2K generally does not support conference registration fees, but as you are not asking for accommodation and other support, CIS-A2K would support this as one-time exception. We encourage you share your paper under the free licenses, and share your learning and report with other Wikimedians and TTT 2017 participants. Based on these observations, this request is Approved Approved -- Tito Dutta (talk) 07:16, 3 March 2017 (UTC)

Open Data Camp Bangalore - 2017 - Apr 22-23[edit]

I am interested in attending Open Data Camp Bangalore - 2017 - Apr 22-23 which has the theme of Public Health. I am an active participant in WikiProject Medicine and also an editorial board member of WikiJournal of Medicine. I wish to attend the event and would like to convey the role that Wikipedia as well as WikiJournal of Medicine can play. I would request for travel grant for the same.

Budget[edit]

Please find below the estimated budget breakup.

Detailed proposed budget

Item Cost (in INR) Description
Economy Airfare INR7,500 Up and down from Kolkata
Registration INR200 Link
Accommodation INR2,500 2 nights in budget hotel
Total INR10,200 Approximate total expenditure

Claim as per actuals which may vary slightly. It would perhaps be more economic if CIS can arrange for low cost stay and I am open to the same. CIS can also choose book the tickets directly. DiptanshuTalk 06:41, 11 February 2017 (UTC)

  • Thanks fr letting us know about this request. We discussed some of these topics during this year's TTT where you were a participant as well. We suggest you to apply for Grants:TPS which provides support for such event. Please let us know if you have any question. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:20, 3 March 2017 (UTC)

Request for Funding of two Days Wiki Workshop and Editathon at Mangalore[edit]

We are conducting two days Tulu wikipedia training workshop and Tulu, Kannada and Konkani Multilingual Editathon on 11th and 12th March 2017 at Sri Ramakrishna Pre-University College Mangalore, Karnataka, India. This event is part of Science Editathon and Women Month Editathons in collaboration with Karavali_Wikimedians. During these days we collaborate with Wikiwomen Mangaluru while they also conduct two days Editathon. The main target of the event is to create new wikipedians who can update the content, add photographs about Science and women achievers to Kannada, Tulu and Konkani Wikipedia via Commons. We request you to grant the amount then it will be helpful. The community want to distribute T-shirts to new members by CIS-A2K. Please send about 15 T-shirts if available.

Event Details[edit]

  • Date - 11th & 12th March 2017, full day
  • Expected People - 25

Programme Leads[edit]

Proposed Activity[edit]

Two day training about Wikipedia and Wikimedia commons. (How to create an article, wiki syntax training, How to upload pictures, how to add pictures to articles etc.)

Links[edit]

  1. Multilingual_Editathon_at_Sri_Ramakrishna_Pre-University_College Karavali Wikimedians
  2. Tulu Wikipedia
  3. Kannada Wikipedia

Goal[edit]

To create new wikipedians who can update the content, photographs about Science and women achievers.

Budget[edit]

Total funding needed = ₹.30,250

Proposed Budget
Item Details Nos Cost (in INR) Description
Lab 1500*2 3,000 Rent for the 25 computers lab (two Days)
Internet 1 2,000 Landline BSNL
Projector 1 1,500 Rent for Projector and Screen
Accommodation 1 4,500 For 1 Person 2 days accommodation
Transport 1000 * 2 2,000 Resource person transport
Local Transport & Food 750 * 2 1,500 Local Travel & Food 1 resource person for 2 days
Food and Snacks 25 15,000 Lunch and Snacks for Participants per head ₹.300 per day
Banners 2 750 A banner of Stage and Another on entrance
Grand Total ₹.30,250

--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 17:34, 22 February 2017 (UTC)

Endorsements[edit]

  1. --Pavanaja (talk) 04:56, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
  2. --Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 17:01, 2 March 2017 (UTC)

Discussion[edit]

  • Thanks for letting us know about this event. Following your conversations with Tanveer, A2K team is discussing this and we'll let you know about our decision soon. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:17, 3 March 2017 (UTC)
  • This looks like an interesting event. CIS-A2K would love to support it. Please note that CIS-A2K considers the following things as in-kind support a) venue, b) internet, and c) projector, hence CIS-A2K would not be able to provide these, for other items CIS-A2K would provide support in form of reimbursement after we receive report and expenditure details. All the best for your event, and please let us know if you have any question. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 07:20, 3 March 2017 (UTC)
  • This request was approved. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:12, 11 May 2017 (UTC)

Support for 100 women wiki days campaign[edit]

Campaign goal

To improve women related content and address gender gap in Wikipedia.

Campaign plan
  • Challenging Wikipedians to take up a variant of 100wikidays i.e., 100womenwikidays. In which participants has to write at least 1 article about women related aspects for 100 days in a row.
  • Using a whats app group, meta page and 100wikidays Facebook page, I am following up and encouraging participants to successfully complete the challenge.
  • Providing more and more resources and lists in order to support the multi lingual campaign.
  • Contacting persons and organizations who are interested in Wikipedia or gender bridging or both in order to get more support.
  • Reaching out Wikipedians and non-Wikipedians to sign up more 100womenwikidays, especially online.
Impact
  • More than 300 articles about women related aspects in Indian Wikipedias will be created.
  • Minimum 20 Wikipedians signing in the challenge.
  • Increasing awareness about gender gap bridging initiatives in Indian Wikipedias.
Requirements
  • Design support-Needed logo and posters.
  • Promotion support-Promoting this initiative in social media, media and websites interested in gender issues.
  • Partnership support-Connecting the initiative to gender gap bridging projects going on in Wikipedias like Women in Red, 100 BBC Women etc.,
Endorsements
Event page

100womenwikidays --Meena gayathri.s (talk) 13:49, 5 March 2017 (UTC)

  • Hello User:Meena gayathri.s, thanks for letting us know about this initiative. This looks really interesting. According to our understanding this is a part of the main 100wikidays challenge, and not a completely new one. Please let us know if we are incorrect. The request is Approved Approved. I'll inform our graphic designer about your logo and poster requirements. Our CIS-A2K program officer of communication User:ManasaRao will help to promote this event, and our intern User:Elisachang will work with you to bridge gender gap.
    We encourage you to discuss/inform mailing lists and village pumps such as Wikimedia India mailing list, Bridging Gender Gap mailing list etc. Thanks. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 12:56, 7 March 2017 (UTC)

भाभा परमाणु अनुसंधान केंद्र ,आयोजित राष्ट्रीय संगोष्ठी: विज्ञान एवं पुरातत्व में प्रतिनिधित्व[edit]

मित्रो, अत्यंत हर्ष के साथ सूचित कर रहा हूँ की भाभा परमाणु अनुसंधान केंद्र द्वारा आयोजित राष्ट्रीय संगोष्ठी- विज्ञान एवं पुरातत्व (कार्यक्रम की लिंक) में मुझे हिन्दी विकिपीडिया पर व्याख्यान देने हेतु दिनांक 18 मार्च 2017 को आमंत्रित किया गया है। चूकि इससे पूर्व भी इसी प्रकार की राष्ट्रीय संगोष्ठी (https://hi.wikipedia.org/s/a50a) में व्याख्यान देने का अवसर मिला था जिसके कई सकारात्मक परिणाम मिले थे जिनमे मीडिया कवरेज तथा भाभा परमाणु अनुसंधान केन्द्र(https://hi.wikipedia.org/s/v7k) द्वारा प्रकाशित हिंदी विज्ञान साहित्य परिषद् की वैज्ञानिक पत्रिका वैज्ञानिक को क्रिएटिव कॉमन्स /विकिबुक्स में डालने हेतु विस्तृत चर्चा (लगभग पूर्ण सहमति), भी शामिल थे । इस संगोष्ठी में जाने पर हमारा एक कदम और आगे बढ़ना होगा।

चूकी इस बार कार्यक्रम संचनालय,संस्कृति एवं पुरातत्व, रायपुर, छत्तीसगढ़ के साथ मिल कर हो रहा है जिनके उद्देश्यों से (कृपया निम्न लिंक देखें) हिन्दी विकिपीडिया ही नहीं वरन कॉमन्स के हेतु भी लाभकारी होगा । आप सभी के बहुमूल्य सुझाओं की आवश्यकता है जिस से इस कार्यक्रम में प्रभावी उपस्थिति दर्ज कर सकें।इस हेतु हिंदी विकिपीडिया के चौपाल पर भी सूचना दी जा चुकी है। कृपया यहाँ अवलोकन करें . इस कार्य हेतु यात्रा एवं ठहरने की व्यवस्था हेतु मै प्रतिपूर्ति (reimbursement) के अपेक्षा रखता हूँ ।यदि कोई प्रश्न हो तो मै उत्तर देने हेतु सहर्ष प्रस्तुत हूँ । -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 10:05, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
Budgetary requirement (estimate)
Particulars Amount (Rs)
1 Two way Travel 11,250 ~6000
2 Estimated Expenditure in connection with one nights stay 2,000
3 Local Commuting 1,000
Total 14,250 9,000
  • Hello, thanks for letting us know about this initiative. CIS-A2K would not be able to support air travel for the event. Please let us know if it is possible for you to take an AC sleeper/semi sleeper bus or an 3AC train. We are also eager to know how do think your participation will benefit the community (increasing reach etc.)? Please let us know if you have any question. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:31, 10 March 2017 (UTC)

ːThanks, I have tried for the trains but unfortunately there is no availability,I want to reach there on time in working day, so that I can have meeting with govt officials for there future support in various Wikimedia Projects like WLM ,Wikisource and GLAM types of projects. Bhabha Atomic Research Center is one of the most prestigious institute of India, this is our second interaction with them and we hope it will open new door for Wikipedia to associate and work together for not only in Hind but others Indic languages too .Can I get reamers for One way Air fare (so that I can reach on time) and for returns I can came back by Train (2AC available in RAC)̠ ːCommunity will be benefited in following way

  • create more awareness on Hindi and other Indic Wikipedia as online encyclopedia.
  • explore new possibility for future joint with BARC.
  • explore new possibility with DIRECTORATE OF CULTURE AND ARCHAEOLOGY (Govt of Chhattisgarh) like WLM ,Commons Wikisource.
  • motivating more contributors / volunteers on Hindi Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.

I request you to inform me ASAP -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 12:09, 10 March 2017 (UTC)

Still waiting -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 12:49, 13 March 2017 (UTC)
  • Hello, thanks for your the detailed response. The request is Approved Approved After the event, please submit event report and expendture details. Please let us know if you have question(s). Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 20:18, 13 March 2017 (UTC)

Seeking assistance in defining query - Technical[edit]

I had attended the program Train the Trainer Program this year (organised by CIS-A2K and have found it to be helpful. I would request for an additional support. I have observed that there are a number of articles having a long list of references. Splitting the references into multiple columns improves the page layout. I feel that such pages can be identified easily and thereafter can be intervened upon using semi-automated tools like AWB. Since my interests are usually limited to WP:MED, I would like to limit myself to [[Category:All WikiProject Medicine articles]]. Could you help you define a logic wherein I could identify the articles belonging to [[Category:All WikiProject Medicine articles]] which have 11 or more references (having more than 10 </ref> or <ref*>)? Once this is done and the list is generated, AWB can be used to replace {{reflist}} with {{reflist|30em}} thus splitting the number of columns in case the number of references is more than 10. The same logic could be used to identify pages having less than 10 references and yet having {{reflist|*}}. Seeking technical support in this regard. DiptanshuTalk 18:08, 24 May 2017 (UTC)

Hello Diptanshu D., thanks for submitting this request on this request page. I am personally unsure how to do it, but I'll forward it to our team. I'll let you know once we get an answer. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 05:44, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
All I need is a logic to identify pages bearing x number of instances of some text in the body. DiptanshuTalk 07:53, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
  • Hello, our community advocate User:Ananth subray tried to work on this, the result is not perfect, but you can see these two queries.
  1. https://quarry.wmflabs.org/query/19001
  2. https://quarry.wmflabs.org/query/19002
We'll send you two attachments on an email also. Please let us know if you have any question. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:33, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
That really helps. Thanks Ananth subray and the team at CIS for your cooperation. DiptanshuTalk 09:41, 5 June 2017 (UTC)

Request for scanner : WikiProject Pothi[edit]

The Temple library Gyana Mandira at Koraput, Odisha houses about 20,000 books and more than 500 palm leaf manuscripts. After discussions of one month with the committee at the library, I have obtained permission from the officials for digitisation of the palm leaf manuscripts. These would be added to the Odia Wikisource as soon as they are scanned. Hence, for this project under the WikiProject Pothi, I would request the scanner with the Odia Wikipedia community (presently at Bhubaneswar) to be sent to Koraput for a duration of about one month so that the digitisation process can begin. Here is the corresponding section at the Community Portal of the Odia Wikipedia. - Prateek Pattanaik (talk) 18:16, 1 June 2017 (UTC)

  • Hello, thanks for letting us know about this plan. I'll discuss this with team, and also with CIS-A2K's Odia language Community Advocate, and then get back to you. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:30, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
  • Hi, the scanner is with another Wikimedia from Odia community now, we are trying to get in touch with them, to get an understanding of their works' timeline. After receiving a response from them, we'll get in touch with you. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:49, 13 June 2017 (UTC)

Request for Funding of two Days Wiki Editathon at Mangalore[edit]

We are conducting two days Kannada Tulu wikipedia Editathon on 24th and 25th June 2017 at Sri Ramakrishna Pre-University College Mangalore, Karnataka, India. This event is part of Kannada Science Article Editathon, Tulu text book articles Editathon and Women Month Editathons in collaboration with Karavali_Wikimedians. During these days we collaborate with Wikiwomen Mangaluru while they also conduct two days Editathon. The main target of the event is to create new wikipedians who can update the content, add photographs about Science and women achievers to Kannada, Tulu Wikipedia via Commons. We request you to grant the amount then it will be helpful. The community want to distribute T-shirts to new members by CIS-A2K. Please send about 15 XL Size T-shirts if available.

Event Details[edit]

  • Date - 24th & 25th June 2017, full day
  • Expected People - 25

Programme Leads[edit]

Proposed Activity[edit]

Two day Kannada-Tulu Editathon, training about Wikipedia and Wikimedia commons. (How to create an article, wiki syntax training, How to upload pictures, how to add pictures to articles etc.)

Links[edit]

  1. Karavali Wikimedians
  2. Tulu Wikipedia
  3. Kannada Wikipedia

Goal[edit]

To create new wikipedians who can update the content, photographs about Science, Culture and women achievers.

Budget[edit]

Total funding needed = ₹.31,000

Proposed Budget
Item Details Nos Cost (in INR) Description
Accommodation 2 9,000 For 2 Person 2 days accommodation
Transport 1000 * 4 4,000 Resource person transport
Local Transport & Food 750 * 4 3,000 Local Travel & Food 1 resource person for 2 days
Food and Snacks 25 15,000 Lunch and Snacks for Participants per head ₹.300 per day
Grand Total ₹.31,000

--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 17:27, 5 June 2017 (UTC)

Endorsements[edit]

Discussion[edit]

  • Thanks for letting us know about this request. This looks interesting. We have a couple of questions: a) the participants you are expecting, are they new to Wikipedia, please provide some details. b) do you have any planning of follow-up activity? c) you have mentioned CIS-A2K as program lead. Please let us know other than the things mentioned above, how else CIS-A2K can provide support to your community? Thanks and regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:31, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
    • a) Some veterans and some new are expected.
    • b) Yes. There will be follow-up activities. In fact this activity itself is a follow-up activity for those who attended for the first time in previous event.
    • c) Nothing else. This support itself is what I meant.--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 16:33, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
      • Hello, we want to ask you a couple of questions: a) Please provide us more information about the travels, b) who are the resource persons? and a comment: c) the accommodation charge seems to be high, please see if you can find a less expensive option. Thanks. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:43, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
My response: a)The resource persons names are present in the respective event pages. b)Two persons for two days costs about Rs.9,000 which means that is about Rs.2,250 per day per person. c)I seen CIS workplan. As per the CIS’s work plan of July 2016 – June 2017 (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CIS-A2K/Work_plan_July_2016_-_June_2017/Kannada), CIS-A2K to spend Rs. 11,24,147 for Kannada. How much has been spent and what is the amount remaining. This is the last month of CIS plan year. All the remaining money for Kannada must be spent before end of this month.--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 10:31, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
  • Hello,
    Thanks for your response towards our questions. We will discuss the request submitted based on your responses and inform you of the decision.
    It is a positive sign that you have local resource persons for the event. CIS-A2K encourages sustainability of a community and hopes that the upcoming events would be conducted and organised completely by local Wikimedians.
    While the total allocated amount for the Kannada Workplan is INR 11,24,147, this included staff salaries as well. The bulk of the amount that was remaining after the discontinuation of services of Kannada Community Advocate has been moved to Volunteer Support, General Service and Support to the Movement and Events and Meet-Up line item of the overall CIS-A2K budget to collaborate and support activities of pan Indian Indic Wikimedia projects. We would be more than happy to discuss, support and co-organise any events that would benefit Kannada, Tulu and Konkani communities before the end of June under the Volunteer support line item. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:06, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
  • Hello, CIS-A2K team has discussed this proposed initiative, and we feel that this is an interesting one. Thanks for planning the event. It is a WMF best practice, suggested to us, that Merchandise is given to veteran editors as a recognition of their contribution. CIS-A2K can provide 5 T-shirts. For budget items, CIS-A2K would be happy to reimburse the amount, upon submission of original bills, expenditure details, and event report. Following these observations, the request is Approved Approved. We wish you all the best, and hope this will be successful. Thanks and regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 05:48, 16 June 2017 (UTC)

Report[edit]

We conducted three days Kannada Tulu Wikipedia Editathon on 24th to 26th June 2017 at Sri Ramakrishna Pre-University College Mangaluru, Karnataka, India.

Event Details:

  1. Editathonon 24thto 26th June 2017, three full days
  2. Total participants – Tulu 13 + Kannada 16
  3. Programme Leads by KaravaliWikimedians, Mangaluru

Outcome of this event:

We Created Tulu and Kannada articles.

  1. Kannada Wikipedia: 13 New articles
  2. Tulu Wikipedia : 10 New articles
Totally this event is successful. We created more than 23 new articles.

New Wikipedians:

  • Total 10 new editors participated in this editathon and edited Wikipedia

Expenses:

Proposed Budget INR31.000
Proposed Budget INR31.000
Item Details Nos Budget Cost (in INR) Spent Cost (in ) Description
Accommodation 2 9,000 9,630 For 2 Person 2 days accommodation
Transport 1000 * 4 4,000 1,423 Resource person transport
Local Transport & Food 750 * 4 3,000 639 Local Travel & Food 1 resource person for 2 days
Food and Snacks 25 15,000 18,000 Lunch and Snacks for Participants per head INR300 per day
Grand Total INR31.000 INR29,692

In Media:

  1. Report in The Hindu newspaper http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/karavali-wikimedians-to-open-wikipedia-associations-in-colleges/article19207758.ece

--Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 17:37, 20 July 2017 (UTC)