Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests/Archive 2018 1

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Requests to CIS-A2K
This is an archive, please do not edit this page
2013
(January—June, July—December)
2014
(January—June, July—December)
2015
(January—June, July—December)
2016
(January—June), July—December)
2017
(January—June, July—December)
2018
(January-June, July-December)
Content of this page have been moved from Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests

Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon at VVIT[edit]

Greetings, I would like organize an Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon on 3 March 2018, at Vasireddy Venkatadri Institute of Technology. I'll be organizing the session with focus on women and art related content on English Wikipedia, and to address the gender gap, at least 70% of the participants will include women editors.

  • The expected number of participants is 30 25.
  • As it is a one and half day session, it wouldn't include any new editors.
  • It would focus mainly on skill building for existing editors from the college, on improving the article quality (B-class, GA, DYK etc.)
  • Targets:
    • No. of new articles to be created: 5 (atleast 3 of the newly created article to be nominated for DYK)
    • No. of existing articles to be improved to B-class: 7 5
    • No. of to be articles to be nominated to GAN: 3 2
    • No. of uploads (related to Women): 5 7
  • Outreach dashboard will be used to track the overall metrics

I request funding for the following expenses:

  • An 80-page Art+Feminism Handout for 30 25 participants: ₹1,650.00 ₹1,450
  • Book of their choice for top three performers: ₹1,500.00
  • Poster: ₹210
    • Total: ₹3,360 ₹3,160
  • Report of the event shall be submitted on or before 31 March 2018
Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 05:16, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • Thanks for sharing the idea with us. Please share the event page with us, if it is already created. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 10:05, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
@Titodutta: Hi Tito, thanks for the quick reply. I have created the event page, it is available at: VVIT WikiConnect/Activities/Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon (March 2018), more details will be updated on the page shortly. Also I have changed the targets, and amount as well. Please review them. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 12:18, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
  • The request is aApproved Approved}, the request will be processed as a form of reimbursement, after submission of event event's narrative and financial reports. Thanks for your contribution. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 13:35, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
@Titodutta: Due to some chaos in the city, it has been declared as a holiday on 3 March 2018. So it might not be possible to conduct a workshop on that day. Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for the support. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 15:59, 27 February 2018 (UTC)

Request for a training workshop for Santali editors[edit]

Hi, a small group of Santali Wikipedia (Incubator) editors from Mayurbhanj, Odisha have been contributing to the Incubator since last couple of months. They recently reached out to me, and asked for help with organizing a workshop for the existing and new editors. They also need some support for some of the technical aspects like modifying the input methods that we built back in 2013-2014. There are already 6-7 editors who have been active and have contributed towards taking the number of articles in Ol Chiki script to over 260. But they need mentoring both for editing, other on-wiki management, addressing technical challenges, and moreover owning all the resources that we created. As the community is active, and is enthusiast to take things forward, it is also important we provide them necessary knowhow about applying to take the Incubator project to an active Santali Wikipedia.

Our plan is to help them organize a workshop sometime in the beginning of/mid March where we can involve some of the stakeholders like CIS-A2K, us (Odia Wikimedians User Group), and hopefully language experts on the mentoring end, and all the active and new editors who are in Mayurbhanj or can travel to Mayurbhanj from other parts of Odisha/Jharkhand/West Bengal.

Proposed activities
  • Training for Wikipedia editing and editor management
    • Basics of Wikipedia editing
    • How to invite new editors, and how to help them learn about Wikipedia editing
    • How to grow the editor community by online/offline outreach
    • How to ask for programmatic support in the future
  • Technical training:
    • Modifying input tools, pre-requisites (e.g. community consensus), and overall process
    • Creating user documentation for new users to learn how to contribute to Wikimedia projects
    • Templates and other on-wiki technical needs
    • Additional (optional): If time permits, we will interview the participants, and will help them make a video tutorial for new editors
Expected impact
  • Short-term:
    • They know the basics of Wikipedia editing
      • All the participants know how to create new articles, translate from other Wikipedias, edit existing articles
      • They know about the basic anatomy of an article, and the importance of citations, images/media
      • Identify the most important articles that need to be created
    • They can take the lead in modifying the existing input method
    • They can make use of templates in articles
    • They can create user documentations to help new editors learn about editing, and using the input method
    • Additional (optional): Audio/video interview of the participants, and beginning of video tutorial for new editors
Proposed budget
Expense details Per unit cost (in INR) Total units Total amount (in INR)

Airfare

This is an approximate amount from BLR-BBI and return for one person based on past travel experience. The actual amount might vary.
12000 1 12000

Local taxi

Taxi to and from BLR airport, taxi to and from BBI airport
1000 (2 nos), 300 (2 nos) 2, 3 2600

Bus/train

Bhubaneswar to Baripada and return for three people
Balasore to Baripada and return for one person
460, 100 6, 2 2960
Stay 1500 (1 person in Bhubaneswar), 2000 (4 people in Baripada) 1, 1 3500

Food:

  • Breakfast (6 nos for 4 people over 2 days)
  • Lunch (8 nos for 4 people over 2 days)
  • Dinner (8 nos for 4 people over 2 days)
200, 350, 350 22 6800

Hall booking, AV, and Internet

We are trying to get all of these for free but adding a tentative amount just in case
6000 1 6000
TOTAL 33860
Expected mentors
  • Jnanaranjan sahu (technical)
  • Sailesh Patnaik (@CIS-A2K, would really appreciate if Sailesh can join us for the entire event)
  • Ansuman (Odia Wikimedia admin who is based is less than 100 kms from Baripada and follow up with any future offline activities)
  • Subhashish Panigrahi (overall coordination)

Would love to share anything that is not clear in this submission. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 05:14, 13 February 2018 (UTC)

Endorsement[edit]

  1. Support Subasmurmu (talk) 03:24, 13 January 2019 (UTC)

Other discussions[edit]

  • I'm glad I could join and be a helping hand. Thank you! -- ɑηsuмaη «Talk» 10:59, 14 February 2018 (UTC)

Discussion[edit]

  • Thanks for letting us know about this plan. I am forwarding the request to team, and will keep you updated. --06:04, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
  • This request is approved. Someone form our team, probably User:Saileshpat will co-ordinate with you. Our accounts team will help in air ticket booking. We'll contact you personally for further details. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:12, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
Thanks Tito and the whole team for the quick action - really appreciate that. Look forward to connecting over email for further logistics arrangement. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 08:28, 21 February 2018 (UTC)

Report[edit]

Please note that I have added a quick report in the event page, one video interview with a Wikipedian and a group picture on Commons. Will add the remaining pictures and videos soon on Commons. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 10:10, 29 March 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for the report. Following our email conversation, we are going to reimburse the amount to you. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:52, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
Great, thanks Tito. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 12:34, 11 April 2018 (UTC)

Travel and stay Support for Delhi meeting[edit]

हिंदी विकी समुदाय विश्व हिंदी सम्मेलन जो कि इस वर्ष मॉरीशस में होने जा रहा है वहा विकिपीडिया विशेषकर हिंदी विकिपीडिया के प्रचार-प्रसार हेतु भाग लेना चाह रहा है इस बारे में भारत सरकार के विदेश मंत्रालय के वरिष्ठ अधिकारी ,श्री अशोक कुमार जी संयुक्त सचिव भारत सरकार, से फोन पर और ईमेल पर मेरी चर्चा हुई जिसमे उन्होंने प्रस्ताव देने तथा आगे बातचीत के लिए उन्होंने दिल्ली में मीटिंग के लिए निमंत्रण दिया है। इस सम्मेलन में हिंदी समुदाय के भाग लेने के लिए यह मीटिंग अत्यंत आवश्यक है अतः मेरा सीआईए से इस मीटिंग में भाग लेने हेतु एक व्यक्ति के भोपाल से दिल्ली आने जाने तथा रहने हेतु सहायता अपेक्षित है ।भोपाल से दिल्ली और वापसी के आने जाने का खर्च लगभग रुपए 3800 होगा यदि वहां 1 दिन और रुकना आवश्यक लगे तो लगभग 1200 से 1500 रुकने का खर्चा लगभग 1500 भोपाल तथा दिल्ली में लोकल ट्रेवल हेतु और लगभग 500 से ₹600 प्रतिदिन भोजन हेतु लगेगा इस प्रकार अधिकतम 7500-8000 रुपए का खर्चा अपेक्षित है यह यात्रा रेल के माध्यम से की जाएगी मुझे विश्वास है कि इस मीटिंग से ना केवल हम इस कार्यक्रम में हिंदी समुदाय की प्रतिभागिता सुनिश्चित करवा पाएंगे बल्किि वहां पर हिंदी विकिपीडिया की तरफ से वक्तव्य देने अथवा डिस्कशन पैनल मेंं प्रतिभागिता भी सुनिश्चित करवा पाएंगे किसी भी प्रकार के प्रश्न हेतु नि:संकोच संपर्क करें धन्यवाद--Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 21:42, 25 April 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about the plan. After the meeting please write an overview to us over email, you may also update it on the related event page(s). Based on these observations, this request is Approved Approved, and the amount will be reimbursed to you. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:18, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
रिपोर्ट - दिल्ली स्थित विदेश मंत्रालय में अधिकारियों के साथ सार्थक बैठक हुई जहाँ हमने सम्मलेन में भाग लेने हेतु अपना प्रस्ताव दिया जिसमें
  • नि: शुल्क पंजीयन
  • हिंदी विकिपिडीया के बारे में बोलने हेतु टाइम स्लॉट आवंटन।
  • चर्चा पैनल में प्रतिभागिता।
  • प्रचार-प्रसार के स्टाल हेतु स्थान एवं आवश्यक संसाधन जैसे एलसीडी टीवी /प्रोजेक्टर, प्रकाश व्यवस्था, वांछित सज्जा जैसे फ़र्नीचर आदि।
  • रियायती दरों पर सदस्य दल हेतु ठहरने/भोजन की व्यवस्था।

और मुझे यह बताते हुए प्रसन्नता हो रही है की प्रथम बैठक में उन्होंने समय पर आने के लिए धन्यवाद दिया एवं चूँकि अगले दिन उनकी कार्यक्रम समबन्दित पहली प्रमुख बैठक थी, वहाँ हमारे इस प्रस्ताव पर विचार करने का भी आश्वासन दिया इस सम्बन्ध में कार्यक्रम से जुड़े दो प्रमुख व्यक्तियों से मिलने की सलाह भी दी गई जिनसे भेंट करने के बाद हमारे इस प्रस्ताव को बल मिला। इस पूरे कार्यक्रम की सूचना चौपाल पर आशीष जी ने भी दी है। धन्यवाद -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 11:10, 1 August 2018 (UTC)

Wikipedia Workshop at Ahmedabad University, 2018 - Reimbursement of Travel Expenses[edit]

Gujarati Wiki Community in association with Ahmedabad University has carried out an outreach program at University Campus, GICT building, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad, India on 07-04-2018.

The Ahmedabad University approached Gujarati Wikipedians to Carry out session for their students. Kartik Mistry, responded to their request and Suggested name of Mr. Aniket Bhatt being local wikipedian in Ahmedabad. He than co-ordinated with University faculty and structured the training sessions. He also conducted a training session for the faculty members of the institution on 31 March 2018.

On 07-04-2018, through the program around 577 student was trained about the Wikipedia, its objectives etc. The Students were divided in 5 groups and Introduction cum Theory session was conducted in 5 sessions two in morning and 3 in afternoon. The theory session included topics such as What is Wikipedia, Its history, Why one should contribute to Wikipedia, what are the benefits, How to contribute, etc.

The Theory session was followed by a practical session in their computer labs. The Practical session included topics How to open an account, How to use sandbox, How to create article, How to add picture, How to cite references, How to add category, How to add infobox. Students had created dummy articles in their sandboxes.

From Gujarati Community the Sushant Savla, Kartik Mistry, Anant Rathod had taken up the sessions.

Project Goal[edit]

Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.

  1. Expand network of potential partners.
  2. Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects.
  3. Recruit new editors.
  4. Train new editors in correctly contributing and referencing in article, adding media, adding infoboxes etc

Impact[edit]

  1. Number of presentation attendees: 577 students and faculty members
  2. Number of new potential partners: 1
  3. Number of outreach activity participants: 4
  4. Number of new editors:20
  5. Number of of articles created or improved: 200

Resources Requested for Reimbursements[edit]

  • Travel and Food Expenses:
    • Train Ticket = INR 2200 (Mumbai to Ahmedabad - 2 persons Sushant Savla and Kartik Mistry)
    • Train Ticket = INR 945 (Ahmedabad to Mumbai - 1 person Sushant Savla)
    • Local Taxi/Auto fares = INR 500
    • Dinner = INR 500
  • Total = INR 4145

Report[edit]

A Report Wikipedia - Ahmadabad University - Outreach_Program - A Report

Link to Report on Wikipedia - Ahmadabad University - Outreach_Program - A Report


Letter of Appreciation from Ahmedabad University

Letter of Appreciation from Ahmadabad University
Theory Session in progress

Endorsements[edit]

Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!

  1. Excellent presentation and well done, Sushant! --KartikMistry (talk) 16:38, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
  2. Remarkable effort by Gujarati community, with the help of Ahmedabad University. --Gazal world (talk) 16:51, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
  3. I am grateful to User:Sushant savla for taking part in this event and providing training to 100+ students. He has dedicated his time and efforts, I strongly recommend him to be considered for this rapid grant to reimburse the expenses he incurred out of his pocket.--DhavalTalk 22:48, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
  4. This should be aproved. I Endorse. --Aniket (talk) 06:15, 26 April 2018 (UTC)


In view of the above It is requested to reimburse the expenses as incurred above. --Sushant savla (talk) 08:50, 5 May 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this event. We generally request to inform us about an event 2-3 at least weeks prior to an event. Anyhow, I'll forward it to CIS-A2K team. I'll keep you informed. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 21:09, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
  • This is Approved Approved, and the amount will be reimbursed to you. We'll contact you over email to discuss further about the reimbursement process. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:38, 21 May 2018 (UTC)

#1Lib1Ref sessions (Warangal and Guntur)[edit]

Greetings, as #1Lib1Ref campaign has been rolled out for the second time this year from 15 May to 5 June 2018, I would like to organise two sessions as a part of this campaign. First session will be conducted at Kakatiya University, Warangal, on 30 May, and the second one at Annamayya Library, Guntur, before 5 June. Each session will have about 10–20 participants. During the program, the participants will be introduced to the basic policies and guidelines, followed by Wikipedia mark-up and basic editing. By using Citation Hunter and with the help of categories, the participants will identify the sourcing problems in articles, and then add/improve appropriate references. If possible, we'll also use the books present in the library to make references, and also those present in Wikisource as well. User:Pavan santhosh.s will be present along with me, and if possible, User:Yohannvt as well. The budget is as follows:

For Warangal
  • Lunch for participants: ₹4,500
  • Travel and accommodation: ₹4,500
  • Certificates for participants, stickers, a poster and a memento to university: ₹1,500
For Guntur
  • Snacks for participants: ₹1,000
  • Certificates: ₹500
  • Unforeseen: ₹3,000
  • Total: ₹15,000

Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 05:47, 16 May 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this plan. It looks interesting, and CIS-A2K would like to collaborate here. A few questions and observations: a) please share the event page link, b) perhaps this can be integrated with other similar initiatives in India this year (if any). Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:26, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
  • @Titodutta: Hi Tito, thanks for the quick reply. Here are the event pages; for Warangal and for Guntur. As #1Lib1Ref campaign ends on 5 June 2018, I don't think there is much possibility to integrate with other activities, especially considering the time left. However, the theme of improving references on Wikipedia, along with 'The Wikipedia Library' can be integrated with other similar initiatives. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 11:37, 16 May 2018 (UTC)

Endorsements[edit]

  • Krishna Chaitanya Velaga has been in touch with the Wikipedia Library team and has been prepped for this event. He is a long-standing coordinator for the Wikipedia Library and we have no doubt that he has the capacity to deliver this task.--FNartey (WMF) (talk) 12:57, 17 May 2018 (UTC)
  • Krishna has been serving as an excellent outreach coordinator for the Wikipedia Library in India, and I think this significantly champions his outreach efforts. And as per above. Truly--AVasanth (WMF) (talk) 13:29, 17 May 2018 (UTC)

Approved Approved thanks for letting us know about this plan. This request is approved. We'll get in touch with you over email with further updates and procedure. Regards. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:24, 22 May 2018 (UTC)

Sure, thanks for your support. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 16:51, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
@Titodutta: Please check your email for the report. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 14:24, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
Tito, FYI, the report is at: 1Lib1Ref - Warangal and Guntur - 2018. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talkmail) 16:12, 23 June 2018 (UTC)

Books for content development[edit]

Check this request. It seems Wikimedia India chapter is not taking up any requests.

Telugu Wikipedia currently lacks huge information on governance in India which needs to be updated on a priority basis. As this particular topic of polity and governance is of utmost importance to those preparing for state psc exams, having content on Wikipedia will attract more readership. I'm ready to solely take up the activity of filling this content gap but need help with some books. I will need if possible, Telugu translation of popular books such as DD Basu and Laxmikant. I am posting the amazon links. Please help me acquire the books:

For time being it would be desirable if CIS-A2K can provide me with above two books in links. I will post fresh request when open university book catalogue is available. Thank you. --Rahmanuddin (talk) 14:29, 27 May 2018 (UTC)

Rahmanuddin (talk) 14:29, 27 May 2018 (UTC)
  • Hello Rahmanuddin, thanks for letting us know about this request. You are going to use use information from the mentioned books to create and improve Wikipedia articles — please let me know if I understood it correctly. Regards. - Tito Dutta (talk) 06:40, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
Dear Tito Dutta, Yes. These books will be used to create and expand content on Telugu Wikipedia. -- Rahmanuddin (talk) 06:43, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
  • Thanks for the clarification. We'll help to acquire the mentioned two books. This request is Approved Approved. The open university textbooks, I am sending it to A2K team for suggestion. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:51, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
  • Hello Rahmanuddin the second book "the Introduction to the Constitution of India" is unavailable on Amazon. I have checked a couple of other sites including this one. Please let us know if you have any preference. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 06:57, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
Yes, that will do. Thank you. --Rahmanuddin (talk) 07:01, 29 May 2018 (UTC)

Travel Support for Delhi meeting[edit]

माननीय विदेश मंत्री महोदया श्रीमती सुषमा स्वराज जी की अध्यक्षता में 28 जून 2018 को प्रात: 11:00 बजे विदेश मंत्रालय दिल्ली में होने वाली विश्व हिंदी सम्मलेन के विषय में होने वाली बैठक में मुझे एवं आशीष जी को आमंत्रित किया गया है. यह मीटिंग अत्यंत महत्वपूर्ण है जिसमे कई महत्वपूर्ण निर्णय लिए जाएंगे अतः मेरा निवेदन है की पूर्व की भांति इस यात्रा हेतु CIS सहयोग करे।इसकी सूचना चौपाल पर भी दे दी गई है बहुत बेहतर होगा यदि CIS मेरे आने जाने का टिकिट खुद बुक कर दे जिसका 7500-8000 रुपए का खर्चा अपेक्षित है.Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 05:40, 14 June 2018 (UTC)

  • Thanks for letting us know about this event. I'll inform the team about this and will get back to you. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 11:16, 14 June 2018 (UTC)
  • Please send a report to us (preferably post it here on Meta-Wiki) after the meeting. This request is Approved Approved, we'll contact you for personal details needed for the booking. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 03:59, 19 June 2018 (UTC)

Support for Odia wikimedian's monthly wikitungi meetup and Odia Wikipedia’s 16th anniversary event[edit]

Odia Wikimedians have been organising their regular meetups since last 2 years in two different cities in Odisha — Puri and Bhubaneswar. We have named it as “WikiTungi” where we meet and discuss about our strategies for community building, and growing the Odia Wikimedia projects , future plans/proposals, the challenges that we are facing or may face in future, collecting ideas for different outreach activities and workshops, etc. This concept of wikitungi meetups has given us success in various forms like keeping a good communication among the active Wikimedians, keeping an increment target for every month and fulfilling it (leading to the improvement in contents in form of informations, images, etc.), and making several workshops fruitful. We need some constant financial support from CIS-A2K to do these meetups in a better way. We generally try to meet in a place that is central for all the participants and there are small little expenses like local travel and food. . We had discussed about this with Tanveer earlier during his last visit to Odisha.

Details Cost(in ₹)
For Puri Wikitungi ₹6000 for next 3 meetups (for bi-monthly meetups)
For Bhubaneswar Wikitungi ₹9000 for next 6 meetups (for monthly meetups)

On behalf of Odia wiki community I am requesting this support from CIS-A2K, Along with this grant, I request CIS-A2K to support Odia Wikipedia’s 16th anniversary by providing ₹10,000 for Tshirts of 25 participants. All bills will be provided month wise and we will submit a report for each meetup at the Odia Wikimedians User group meta page. --Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 09:24, 20 June 2018 (UTC)

Endorsement[edit]

Discussion[edit]

  • Hello, thanks for letting us know about the plan. The request is Approved Approved, we'll contact you soon. -- Tito Dutta (talk) 18:19, 3 July 2018 (UTC)
  • Thank you so much Tito Dutta. --Chinmayee Mishra (talk) 15:38, 6 July 2018 (UTC)