Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests/Archive 2019 1

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Requests to CIS-A2K
{{This is an archive, please do not edit this page}}
2013
(January—June, July—December)
2014
(January—June, July—December)
2015
(January—June, July—December)
2016
(January—June), July—December)
2017
(January—June, July—December)
2018
(January-June, July-December)
Content of this page have been moved from Talk:CIS-A2K/Requests

Support requested for Santali Wikipedia Workshop Bhubaneswar[edit]

After santali wikipedia became life we have received request from different place of India( santal populated area) to conduct workshop on Santali wikipedia. Therefore in order to create more awareness about santali wikipedia and create new editors it has decided to conduct phase wise santali wikipedia workshop at 1) Bhubaneswar,Odisha 2) Baripada, Odisha 3) Kolkatta, West Bengal 4) Jamshedpur/Ranchi, Jharkhand.

In its first phase santali wikipedia community has decided to conduct workshop in association with Kalinga Institute of Social Science (KISS) Bhubaneswar, Odia Wikipedia Community and Olchiki Tech Bhubaneswar at (KISS) Bhubaneswar on 03/02/2019

Proposed activities
  • Wikimedia movement and Knowledge sharing
    • Policies and guidelines of Wikimedia.
    • Basics of Wikipedia editing
    • Modifying input tools, pre-requisites (e.g. community consensus), and overall process
    • Creating user documentation for new users to learn how to contribute to Wikimedia projects
    • Templates and other on-wiki technical needs
Expected impact
  • Short-term:
    • They know the basics of Wikipedia editing
      • All the participants know how to create new articles, translate from other Wikipedias, edit existing articles
      • They know about the basic anatomy of an article, and the importance of citations, images/media
      • Identify the most important articles that need to be created
    • They can take the lead in modifying the existing input method
    • They can make use of templates in articles
    • They can create user documentations to help new editors learn about editing, and using the input method.

Estimated Budget[edit]

Total funding needed = Rs.12,280/-

Proposed Budget
Item Details Nos Rate Cost (in INR) Description
Travel 2 INR300,340 INR1,280 for two individual one from Baripada to Bhubaneswar and another from Bangiriposi to Bhubaneswar Up and Down
Break & High Tea(Snacks) 80 INR30 INR2,400 for participants of the program
Lunch 80 INR100 INR8,000 for participants of the program
Banners 3 INR200 INR600 3 event banners
Grand Total Rs.12,280
Expected mentors

Endorsement[edit]

  1. Support Support--- Fagu Baskey (talk) 06:10, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
  2. Support Support --- Ramjit Tudu (talk) 06:57, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
  3. Support Support The Santali community is thriving and needs to organize more such outreach activities to grow the community. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 09:39, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
  4. Support Support --- Subasmurmu (talk) 03:22, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
  5. Support Support--Manik Soren (talk) 05:58, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
  6. Support Support ---Maina Tudu (talk) 15:49, 13 January 2019 (UTC)

Other discussions[edit]

Discussion[edit]

Thanks for letting us know about this plan. Please share the event page link. Thanks. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 08:01, 10 January 2019 (UTC)

  • * The request is Approved Approved. Sailesh will co-ordinate with you on this. Please share a detailed report after the workshop. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:35, 15 January 2019 (UTC)

Report[edit]

@Tito (CIS-A2K) the event page for Bhubaneswar Workshop is available here Santali Wikipedia Workshop-KISS-Bhubaneswar R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 01:24, 9 January 2019 (UTC)

Support requested for Santali Wikipedia Workshop Santiniketan[edit]

After getting consent fron the Department of Santali, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, the Santali Wikipedia community has decided to conduct an another Santali wikipedia Workshop in Santiniketan too. Though earlier it had to be conducted after the Bhubaneswar Santali Wikipedia Workshop but for the prompt and active initiative from the staffs of Santali Department of Visva-Bharati, it is decided to conduct Santali Wikipedia Workshop on 30th January 2018 at Bhasa Bhavana, Bisva Bharati University, Santiniketan , West Bengal

Proposed activities
  • Wikimedia movement and Knowledge sharing
    • Policies and guidelines of Wikimedia.
    • Basics of Wikipedia editing
    • Modifying input tools, pre-requisites (e.g. community consensus), and overall process
    • Creating user documentation for new users to learn how to contribute to Wikimedia projects
    • Templates and other on-wiki technical needs
Expected impact
  • Short-term:
    • They know the basics of Wikipedia editing
      • All the participants know how to create new articles, translate from other Wikipedias, edit existing articles
      • They know about the basic anatomy of an article, and the importance of citations, images/media
      • Identify the most important articles that need to be created
    • They can take the lead in modifying the existing input method
    • They can make use of templates in articles
    • They can create user documentations to help new editors learn about editing, and using the input method.

Estimated Budget[edit]

Total funding needed = Rs. 3,880/-

Proposed Budget
Item Details Nos Rate Cost (in INR) Description
Travel 6 INR500*1,300*2,400*1,220*2 INR3,880 For six individual one from Kokhrajhar Assam to Bolpur Santiniketan, two from Rajsahi of Bangladesh to Bolpur Santiniketan and one from Bangriposi of Odisha to Bolpur Santiniketan and two individual from Bankura to Bolpur Santiniketan Up and Down
Grand Total Rs. 3,880
Expected mentors




Endorsement[edit]

  1. Support Support --- Subasmurmu (talk) 03:26, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
  2. Support Support --- Fagu Baskey (talk) 04:00, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
  3. Support Support --Manik Soren (talk) 05:56, 13 January 2019 (UTC)

Other discussions[edit]

  • @Tito (CIS-A2K) On the request of Santali Department , Visva Bharati University-Shantiniketan,West Bengal due to their some unprecedented issues the date for the workshop is rescheduled and will be held on 29/01/2019.

Discussion[edit]

Thanks for letting us know about this event idea. We are delighted to see your interest and work to improve Santali Wikimedia projects. The request is Approved Approved. Sailesh, on behalf on CIS-A2K, will collaborate with you on this. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:39, 15 January 2019 (UTC)

Report[edit]

The link of event page is as follows Santali Wikipedia Workshop Santiniketan R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 16:30, 12 January 2019 (UTC)

Request to support the outreach activity Initiative (Delhi)[edit]

Hi,

I am submitting this request in an individual capacity as a woman Wikipedian and as WWWW Project Lead (not as a Punjabi Wiki UG representative). I, Abhinav and Sailesh are in discussion with John Cummings (Wikipedian in Residence at UNESCO) and UNESCO India Office for future collaboration and an event in Delhi in March. To discuss the same we have a meeting in Delhi on 22 January 2019. The idea is to arrange the Women meetup in Delhi along with the Women's Day event. As I am going to attend the meeting, I am submitting this request for financial support from CIS-A2K.The details of the meetings will be submitted later along with the expenses details. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

-Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 09:39, 19 January 2019 (UTC)

  • Thank you for letting us know about this plan. I'll discuss with team and get back to you. Regards. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:18, 22 January 2019 (UTC)
  • Hello, the request is Approved Approved. Please send us the expense details over email. Regards. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 09:28, 4 February 2019 (UTC)

Interim Funding : Wikisammelan Kolkata 2019[edit]

Hello,

Wikisammelan Kolkata (Hindi:विकिसम्मेलन कोलकाता; Wikiconference Kolkata) would be one among the series of annual Wikiconferences focused on Hindi Wikipedia and it's sister projects organised by the Hindi Wikimedia Community. We had applied for the conference grant and the said grant has already been approved by Wikimedia Foundation and the needful funds would be released in Hindi User Group account. However, due to logistical issues, there had a been a delay in putting all the requisite information and also due to All Hands 2019 in February there will be no payment made after next week until February 12.

We have put up a request with the grants team and they have assured us that they are trying their best to assist us. However, at the moment due to dynamic pricing, we booked travel tickets at our own disposal but cannot arrange funds for venue and accommodation. We request if as an interim measure funds can be released to the tune of Rs 2,50,000. They can either be directly remitted to the hotel or paid in our User Group Account. Both routes are comfortable.

The moment funds are released the said amount would be credited back on an immediate basis.

CC: @Jtud (WMF) and CAlmog (WMF):

--Abhinav619 (talk) 10:47, 19 January 2019 (UTC)

Support[edit]

  1. Support Support-- Prongs31 12:01, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  2. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support -J. Ansari Talk 12:41, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  3. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support --Natural-moustache Simple Black.svg  Innocentbunny    TALK  12:57, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  4. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support --Ahmed Nisar (talk) 13:07, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  5. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support--Raju Jangid (talk) 14:31, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  6. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support --अजीत कुमार तिवारी (talk) 14:40, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  7. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support----Ashish BhatnagarPlume pen w.giftalk 15:02, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  8. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support--आर्यावर्त (talk) 16:46, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  9. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support --Muzammil (talk) 16:56, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  10. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support-- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 16:21, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
  11. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support--Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 11:16, 22 January 2019 (UTC)
  12. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support--Shypoetess (talk) 04:13, 24 January 2019 (UTC)

Comment[edit]

  • @Jtud (WMF), CAlmog (WMF), and Tito (CIS-A2K): I am not rich enough to wholly or partially monetorily organize events such as these, but if there is no other source to at least temporarily offset the bills pertaining to the interim measures, I can try to arrange these funds within a week or 10 days because I don't want to see this opportunity being lost in the wider interest of Hindi Wikipedia. --Muzammil (talk) 16:56, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  • Thanks User:Abhinav619 for letting us know about this, and thanks User:Hindustanilanguage for offering support. I have replied back to your email as well. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 21:48, 19 January 2019 (UTC)
  • @Tito (CIS-A2K): I did not get the email. I'll be glad if a copy is mailed to me as well.--Muzammil (talk) 07:37, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
  • Muzammil I cc-ed you in the next email I sent. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:34, 24 January 2019 (UTC)

Note[edit]

WMF was able to release the grants within the conference time-period. The grant was recieved on Tuesday, 29th January, 2019. We thank CIS-A2K for standing with us.--Abhinav619 (talk) 08:30, 29 January 2019 (UTC)

Indian SVG Translation Campaign Request for Support[edit]

Dear A2K team,
SVG Translation Campaign 2019 in India is a planned 38-day long campaign to translate the English-labelled SVG files into Indian languages for use on regional language Wikipedias. The campaign starts on 21st. February 2019, marking "International Mother Language Day", and will continue till 31st March 2019. During Wikigraphists Bootcamp in September 2018, several Wikimedians from India were trained on using Inkscape and other tools, to create vector illustrations (SVG is a file format for vector graphics, like JPG for raster graphics). This campaign is a follow-up of that project and also with a goal to promote the idea of vector graphics among the larger Indian community. Often, we see English-labelled SVG files being used on Indian Wikipedias, this campaign also helps us to have localised SVG files with labels in regional languages to be used on Wikipedias.

  • More about the campaign can be seen on the Wikimedia Commons page where all the required material to understand about vector graphics and SVGs have already been listed.
  • Campaign specific video tutorial will be posted soon. More resources will be made available to the participants. We'll also be organising online training sessions for organisers and participants.
  • To make it easy for the participants, a list of images (inclusive, but not limited to) will posted.

The budget for the event is as follows:

  • Prizes for top 5 overall contributors (Amazon gift vouchers): ₹600 * 5 = ₹3,000
  • Prizes for top contributor of each community: ₹400 * 20 = ₹8,000
  • Support for onsite-events: ₹40,000 (5-10 events)
  • Contingency funds: ₹4,000
  • Total=₹55,000

We kindly request A2K to consider our request to fund this campaign. Please note that these are the estimated costs, actual expenditure may be lower than that. Kindly let us know if you have any questions. Shypoetess (talk) 08:09, 22 January 2019 (UTC)

Endorsements[edit]

  1. Support Support This campaign will help strengthening articles by indic labeled diagrams n maps and will offer better understanding of wiki articles to non english knowing readers. --Sushant savla (talk) 09:37, 22 January 2019 (UTC)
  2. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support Totally agreed with Sushant savla -- Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 11:16, 22 January 2019 (UTC)
  3. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support This campaign will promote the idea of vector graphics among the larger Indian community and will help to have localized SVG files with labels in regional languages which further can be used in Wikipedia articles. Rajeeb (talk) 10:03, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
  4. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support Muhammad Shuaib (talk) 19:48, 22 January 2019 (UTC)
  5. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 02:56, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
  6. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support -J. Ansari Talk 06:13, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
  7. Support Support--Vikas Hegde (talk) 06:29, 23 January 2019 (UTC). Expecting to be a very good series of events bringing vector graphics in Indian languages.
  8. Support SupportBukhari (Talk!) 06:44, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
  9. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support --Info-farmer (talk) 06:46, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
  10. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support This followup campaign will promote the creation of Indic language SVG images and would help to use in wiki articles.-Jinoytommanjaly (talk) 10:54, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
  11. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support useful campaign.-- Prongs31 05:56, 24 January 2019 (UTC)
  12. Support Support- Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 14:57, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
  13. Support Support- Ranjithsiji (talk) 03:16, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
  14. Support Support- Hacksk (talk) 03:21, 17 February 2019 (UTC)

Comments[edit]

  • Please clarify about selection of 'top' contribution, contributors. How they are selected? what criterion? --Vikas Hegde (talk) 06:29, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
@Vikashegde: Top contributors will be those users who translate and successfully upload the most number of images. There are two categories, first one is overall, other one is within a community. We'll give vouchers to five overall contributors (considering all the communities), and the second one, for who contributed most in a language community. If is a user already in the top five overall contributors, they'll not be eligible for the second type. Also organisers are eligible, but not coordinators. KCVelaga (talk) 08:17, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
  • User:KCVelaga, this looks interesting and thanks for clarifying the question on "top contributor". We are eager to discuss this over a hangout call on these topics: a) getting more details about the event plan, b) on-site events. Let me know what you think. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:28, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
@Tito (CIS-A2K): Hi Tito, thanks for the reply. I'll be happy to have a hangouts call with you to discuss the plan. I'll email shortly to setup up the call. KCVelaga (talk) 16:16, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
@Tito (CIS-A2K): Hi Tito, as we discussed over the call. I've made some changes to the prizes and created a page listing some rules for them at c:Commons:SVG Translation Campaign 2019 in India/Prizes. Changes from the above request include certificates, T-shirt/Diary, increase of amount for language-wise top contributors to ₹500. Please review the page and also the rules. Additionally, files lists (including practice sets) are ready for all languages which have organisers. The resources pages has been built with required material to participate in the campaign, including a 24 min video tutorial created for this campaign, fonts, dictionaries and quick steps. Almost everything has been setup, we will now focus on promoting the campaign and training of organisers and participants. KCVelaga (talk) 10:23, 10 February 2019 (UTC)
@Tito (CIS-A2K): Hi Tito, any update on this request. KCVelaga (talk) 13:11, 14 February 2019 (UTC)
  • Hello User:KCVelaga, thanks for your clarification and the updates. The event looks interesting, and it is a good follow-up of the Bootcamp event conducted earlier. We would like to collaborate here. The request is Approved Approved. Mid-March (or before 15 March), we'would like to have another call with you to get an update about the progress and discuss logistics such as prize distribution. Regards. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 14:29, 14 February 2019 (UTC)
@Tito (CIS-A2K): Hi Tito, thanks for considering and approving this request. Yes, definitely, we have a call around mid-March. KCVelaga (talk) 14:31, 14 February 2019 (UTC)
@Tito (CIS-A2K): Hi Tito, we've finalised the results and winners for this campaign. I'll be sending you an email regarding the logistics of prize distribution shortly, and will also announce about the same on the mailing list. Since the campaign generated good momentum, apart from the already discussed prizes, for overall top contributors, and language-wise top contributors, it would be great to give a t-shirt to users who have at least contributed 25 files (excluding the ones who have already won a prize in some category), and also organisers + coordinators. This comes to around 35 users i.e. 35 additional t-shirts apart from the prize winners (approx value only). Kindly consider this request and let me know your decision. KCVelaga (talk) 12:56, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
@KCVelaga: Thank you for letting us know about this idea. We will get back to you at the earliest. (We will call you) --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 07:39, 30 April 2019 (UTC)
@KCVelaga: Thank you for talking to us over phone call. According to discussion we will support by sending Wikipedia T-Shirt. We have M, X and XL size T-Shirts. We can send those T-Shirt. Please share the address details with us. Let us know if you have anything else. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 09:11, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
@Gopala (CIS-A2K): Thanks for the reply. We will start collecting details today, and send them to you once we are done. KCVelaga (talk) 09:22, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
@KCVelaga: Thank you. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:27, 3 May 2019 (UTC)

┌───────────────────┘
@Gopala (CIS-A2K) and Tito (CIS-A2K): Here is the link to the report; c:Commons:SVG Translation Campaign 2019 in India/Report. Thanks, KCVelaga (talk) 10:10, 11 May 2019 (UTC)

Request for travel grant[edit]

This year's ICT4D (Information and Communication Technologies for Development) conference is scheduled to be held in Kampala, Uganda from April 28 to May 3. I applied as a speaker for the event, about how to Wikinews and citizen journalism could help combat fake news. I was notified that I wasn't chosen for the keynote, however, I was selected as a panelist for a related discussion.

However, to join the event, I would have register for the event, which requires a payment of USD 200, before January 31. I was wondering if CIS could bear the cost of my travel and attendance fee for the event for the conference which I would be attending for a Wikimedia Project?

Looking at the air ticket prices and visa application, the sum is around USD 850. Could you please let me know at the earliest is CIS could fund the trip, as registration fee would increase to USD 400 after January 31. The email confirming selection for panelist was forwarded to Tito earlier today.
acagastya 16:28, 23 January 2019 (UTC)

  • Hello User:acagastya, thanks for letting us know about this plan. It is very difficult to process or work on something like this in a week or so. To you or anyone reading it in future, please inform about any event/plan at least 2-3 weeks before the event date/deadline. For larger events, we'd appreciate 3-4 weeks time.
    On one hand it looks interesting. On the other hand, we need more details: such as a) more details about the event, preferably with event links, b) how does this participation you/your Wikimedia work/the communities/projects?
    One more thing, so far no community consultation took place (such as discussion on village pump, and I'd encourage discussion on Wikimediaindia-l for this). You may start discussions on Wikinews village pump and Wikimediaindia-l right now (your post should have a) event details b) your participation details, and c) clarify to them that you have contacted CIS for support (giving this link). These discussions can be started now, but that means the process won't complete before 31 January for sure. So we are unsure about supporting this. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:33, 24 January 2019 (UTC)

Wiki Awareness Campaign at Khalsa College, Ludhiana[edit]

We are going to organize open awareness campaign at Khalsa College in Ludhiana on 31st January 2019. The intention is to raise awareness about wiki projects and engage more people with the movement. The community has been notified regarding the same We need financial assistance for travel and food arrangements for the wikimedians attending the event. The details of the expenses incurred will be furnished later. Regards-Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 14:12, 27 January 2019 (UTC)

  • Hello User:Manavpreet Kaur, thanks for letting us know about this plan. Please give us more details about this plan:
  1. How many participants do you expect?
  2. What topic would you like to discuss?
  3. Is there any follow-up plan?

Please also share a link to the event page. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 08:23, 29 January 2019 (UTC)

@Tito (CIS-A2K) There will be around 100+ students. The event would be an introduction to different wikimedia projects like- Wikipedia, Wiktionary, commons and Wikisource. After the session, the college coordinator will take names of the interested students and we are planning on doing one edit-a-thon related to Women's Day in March, 2019.

I'll share the link as soon as we will create the page.

Regards, - Manavpreet Kaur (talk) 10:11, 29 January 2019 (UTC)

Request to support WLL 2019 Offline event at Dyal Singh College, Karnal (Haryana)[edit]

Dear A2K Team,

Wiki Loves Love 2019 has begun and we wish to organize a WLL Offline event at Dyal Singh College, Karnal (Haryana). Students from both undergraduate and postgraduate courses will be participating in the event. They will be introduced to the basics of photography by an expert in the field followed by a hands-on training session in Wiki Commons.

Event Details

  • Date: Feb 15, 2019 (Tentative) Feb 22, 2019 (Final)
  • Time: 10:00 to 14:00
  • Venue: Dyal Singh College, Karnal (Haryana)
  • Expected participants: 25

Budget The details of the budget for the event is as follows:

  • Prizes for top 3 contributors: ₹1500
  • Refreshments: ₹1,500
  • Printing of Event Poster, Certificates & Swag: ₹1,000
  • Total: ₹4,000

We kindly request A2K to consider our request to fund this event. Please note that these are the estimated costs, the actual expenditure may vary slightly. Kindly let us know if you have any questions. Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, --Shypoetess (talk) 13:03, 2 February 2019 (UTC)

Hello Shypoetess, Thank you for your request. We apologise for processing your request late. Please provide us village pump link. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:06, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
Hello Gopala (CIS-A2K), Thank you for letting me know. The link to the event page is here. Please let me know if you need anything else. - Shypoetess (talk) 06:31, 24 April 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for sharing the link to the event page. This request is Approved Approved. We will contact you over email. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 06:53, 24 April 2019 (UTC)

Wikisource training event in Khanna, Punjab[edit]

Hello, Dear A2K Team,

I am going to organize a meetup in Khanna, Punjab on 13 February 2019. The intention is to raise awareness about Wikisource and engage my friends with the movement. The community has been notified regarding the same. I need financial assistance for travel and food arrangements for the participants attending the event. We will discuss about editing Punjabi Wikisource with newcomers. Mine follow up plan is to engage new participants into future events and activities. Hope they will contribute actively in the future.

Around 12 participants will join this training. Experienced Punjabi Wikimedians Charan Gill & Manavpreet Kaur are also joining this meetup. I will share a report after the meeting and I will create meetup page by today evening.

Details of the expenses are as follows:

  • Travel: 500
  • Food: 700
  • Venue charges: 800
  • Total: 2,000

You can contact me at Hardarshanbenipal.hb@gmail.com

Regards - *•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*Bouncywikilogo.gif𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 09:03, 10 February 2019 (UTC)

Support for the Indic Dubbing for Wikipedia Tales in Indic Languages[edit]

Hello, I would like to request the support for Indic language dubbing for Wikipedia Movie-A Trip to Lahore aimed at increasing awareness about Wikipedia among general masses from age 12 onwards. The movie is currently available in English and Punjabi language and a voiceless version is available for dubbing in other languages. Initially, the first dubbing will be done Telugu community lead by User:MNavya. The estimate cost will be around 5-6 thousand. The links for the project are as follows:
[1]https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Indic_Dubbing_:_Animation_Movie_Wikipedia_Tales
[2]https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Indic_Dubbing_:_Animation_Movie_Wikipedia_Tales/Telugu
[3]https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Punjabi_Wikipedia_Tales_A_trip_To_Lahore_(Without_Voice_Over).webm Wikilover90 (talk) 17:47, 1 March 2019 (UTC)

Hello @Wikilover90: Thank you for the request. Please give us village pump announcement link. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:37, 12 March 2019 (UTC)

Hello,Gopala (CIS-A2K), the link for village pump is as mentioned below.Wikilover90 (talk) 09:48, 24 April 2019 (UTC)

https://te.wikipedia.org/wiki/వికీపీడియా:రచ్చబండ#ది_వికీపీడియా_టేల్స్_డబ్బింగ్_%28తెలుగు_%29

@Wikilover90: Thank you for the update. This request is Approved Approved. For more we will contact you over email. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 11:05, 2 May 2019 (UTC)

Support for SVG Translation Workshop 2019 in Nepal[edit]

SVG Translation Workshop 2019 in Nepal

I am planning for one-day workshop on SVG Translation to promote localized SVG images in regional language Wikipedias which includes Nepali Wikipedia, Maithili Wikipedia and Doteli Wikipedia. The proposed date for the workshop is March 16, 2019. This workshop is going to be organized as a part of STC2019 IN. The estimated expenses for the workshop is around NRS 15k (though it can be adjusted based on the available funding). The workshop page links here.

About Workshop: SVG Translation Workshop in Nepal is one-day event to translate the SVG files into Nepalese languages for use of regional language Wikipedias. This event is intended to promote the idea of vector graphics among the Nepalese community. Often, we see English-labelled SVG files being used on Nepalese Wikipedias, this will also helps us to have localised SVG files with labels in regional languages to be used on Wikipedias. This workshop will be conducted in collaboration with SVG Translation Campaign 2019 in India, a 38-day long campaign to translate the SVG files into Indian languages.

Budget Estimate: The breakdown of the estimated budget for the workshop is:

S.N. Type of Expense Approx. Amount (NPR) Comments
1 Venue, Internet service, Snacks/refreshment 9,500
2 Banners and Stickers 1,700
3 Travel Expenses 3,300 Transportation cost during event
4 Miscellaneous 1,284 Stationery (folder files, notebooks, pencils, markers), e.t.c
Total 15,784 NPR

Expected Number of Participants: The expected number of participants is around 15.

--Nirajan pant (talk) 15:10, 11 March 2019 (UTC)

Hello @Nirajan pant:. Thank you for the request. Please guide us to the village pump announcement link(s). --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 10:43, 12 March 2019 (UTC)
Thank you @Gopala (CIS-A2K):. I have added the links to village pump announcements.--Nirajan pant (talk) 17:46, 12 March 2019 (UTC)

village pump announcement link(s)

--Nirajan pant (talk) 17:09, 12 March 2019 (UTC)

Thank you. Your request is Approved Approved. We will contact you over Email. We can not send money to Nepal. Please share Indian bank details over Email. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:34, 13 March 2019 (UTC)
@Nirajan pant: Thanks for sending the bills and completing report. After following the discussion with you over e-mail we have processed the payment to Biplab Anand's bank account. This request is YesY closed. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 05:34, 3 May 2019 (UTC)

Wiki Awareness Campaign in Gurdaspur[edit]

Hello

My friend from Gurdaspur district of Punjab invited us to give general introduction about Wiki Projects. So we are organizing an event about general introduction of Wiki Projects in Gurdaspur district. The day may be 30 March 2019, It can be changed as per community discussion or participants discussion. But It is sure that we have this event. I will share report of this event after we have done this. The community is notified about this event on VP of pawiki - ਵਿਕੀ ਜਾਗਰੂਕਤਾ ਮੁਹਿੰਮ ਤਹਿਤ ਇਕ ਪ੍ਰੋਗਰਾਮ. Around 20 people will join this event. I will create event page after the approval. So, I request to CIS-A2K to support us financially.

Tentative Budget:

  • Travel - 2500 INR
  • Food - 2000 INR
  • Miscellaneous - 500 INR
  • Total - 5000 INR

I will be thankful if CIS-A2K can fund this amount before the event. - Stalinjeet Brar (talk) 11:24, 14 March 2019 (UTC)

Thank you for your request Stalinjeet Brar. Will discuss this with team and get back to you. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 07:25, 19 March 2019 (UTC)
| village pump link this one is village pump link. Stalinjeet Brar (talk) 01:50, 22 March 2019 (UTC)
Thank you. Your request is Approved Approved. We will contact over Email. --Gopala (CIS-A2K) (talk) 09:02, 26 April 2019 (UTC)