- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section. A summary of the conclusions reached follows.
- Archiving owing inactivity, will send an open call to the community soon. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 14:40, 10 June 2018 (UTC)
@Amqui, Taketa, and Hasive: Hi everyone! As all you already know that we've proposed and discussed with the community about forming a user group for military historians of all language Wikipedias. Before I actually begin, I would like each of us to be introduced and know about others. Brief profiles are as follows:
- User:Amqui – Jean-Philippe Béland is the Vice President of Wikimedia Canada. He contributes to French and English Wikimedia projects. He was instrumental in writing the first Annual Plan Grant proposal of Wikimedia Canada to WMF, and also played a key role in developing the 5-year strategic plan of Wikimedia Canada. He is an admin on several Wikimedia projects and a former steward. He is the creator of the WikiProject on the Canadian Armed Forces on French Wikipedia. He is also a founder of the Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages User Group.
- User:Taketa – Taketa is from Nederlands. He is active on Dutch Wikimedia projects, and also contributes to English. He is an admin on a several projects including Wikidata, and is a former steward. He was also a member of Ombudsman committee, and currently is a member of global OTRS group.
- User:Hasive – Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive is from Bangladesh. He's extensively involved in Open Access related activities in Bangladesh. He is an admin on Bengali Wikipedia, and is also a board member of Wikimedia Bangladesh. He was a member of Grants Advisory Committee for the WMF.
- User:Krishna Chaitanya Velaga – I am Krishna Chaitanya Velaga from India. I contribute to English Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, and Wikidata. I am a board member of Wikimedia India, and a also a coordinator of WikiProject Military History on English Wikipedia. I am also part of "The Wikipedia Library" team; formerly Partnerships coordinator, and currently Outreach coordinator.
That is it for introductions. Primarily the "Core Working Group" (CWG) is a group of editors who are tasked to perform all the necessary actions until the user group has officially been recognized by the Affiliations Committee. For that we need to get ourselves into consistent work, and optimistically target that we'll be an affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation by December 2018. I have proposed a feasible work flow, and tasks in it can be shared among us. Please go through it at: Consortium of Wikipedia Military Historians/Workflow. However, before we actually start working, I would like to invite all of us to share suggestions and clear off any doubts so that we can work in harmony. --Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 13:47, 7 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Amqui, Taketa, and Hasive: Pinging as a reminder. Kindly put forward your comments, so that we start working. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 05:16, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- Sounds good @Krishna Chaitanya Velaga: I think we may move forward now. Before that can we distribute the work? So that we start working for next step. -Hasive • talk • 15:19, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Hasive: As per the workflow, the next step is to create necessary pages. You may take up any of the pages you'd like to setup, please indicate there that you're working on it, and mark it as done before once completed. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 11:48, 17 April 2018 (UTC)
- Dear all, the plan looks good. I think we should start an email group for the core working group to keep everyone up to date and for non-general discussions. Also I suggest we can (eventually) make a list of, for example, the 100-1000 basic military history articles a wiki should have; and we can have people post the articles they create using this list. This will be a visible result we can show the foundation. Finally, I had a bit of a wikibreak in the past month. But I will get the "Resistance in the second world war" month up and running. I'll get in contact soon. All the best, Taketa (talk) 18:01, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Taketa: Thanks for the idea. The list of basic military history articles that every wiki should have will be a very interesting and appreciable work to do. I've added it to the To-do list. If you're familiar with email groups please create one. Please let me know, I'll share you the email IDs. Sure, we'll love to collaborate for "Resistance in the second world war". Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 11:48, 17 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Amqui, Taketa, and Hasive: Can we have an IRC in the early May? Please comment your convenient dates and timings. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 04:01, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.