Please remember to:
For older conversations you can see the archive index.
Most detections of this global filter are false positives (frwiki archiving bots, including mine). Could you please remove the warning for bots?
- I made a request on Steward requests/Miscellaneous about it, this is now resolved. Orlodrim (talk) 20:21, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
About the coverage of global filters
You know that I have suggested to علاء a global filter, in Steward requests/Global#Global block for 22.214.171.124. When I made this suggestion, I had forgotten that several projects were not protected by global filters, even if Billinghurst had already explained to me this limitation (in an old request). At the time, Billinghurst has mentioned Commons, de.wp, en.wp, and the main namespaces of Wikidata. In the recent request, you have mentioned es.wp, ru.wp, and, above all, you have said "Global AbuseFilter only runs on small and medium-sized wikis". To avoid future useless requests for global filters, I would like to understand the exact coverage of global filters:
- It is clear that Global AbuseFilter/Opt-out wikis is obsolete.
- In this edit on 4 November 2014, the coverage of global filters was clear: metawiki, incubatorwiki, testwiki, test2wiki, small wikis and medium wikis. But the lists of small wikis and medium wikis have been updated several times since 2014. Are we sure that global filters are currently covering the current versions of these lists? In other words: is MediaWiki configured by these lists for its current coverage of global filters?
- Let's suppose that the lists of small wikis and medium wikis define the current coverage of global filters. Where is the list of the big wikis covered by global filters? There are at least three big wikis covered by global filters: metawiki, incubatorwiki, and fr.wp.
- @NicoScribe: Global filter implementation is shown at https://noc.wikimedia.org/conf/highlight.php?file=InitialiseSettings.php (search for
wmgUseGlobalAbuseFilters) and shows all small and medium are included, the large were not included, though could opt-in, and you will see that enwikisource, frwiki and ptwiki have done so. If you want to see which wikis are in the large category (41) poke at https://noc.wikimedia.org/conf/dblists/large.dblist — billinghurst sDrewth 08:27, 16 June 2018 (UTC)