Talk:Language committee/Voting policy
- (two weeks for policy changes?)
Yay or nay?
- When there is an objection to a proposed decision, any member may call for a vote. A vote must then be held, but it should only start after the question was discussed thoroughly.
I added this to prevent a voting is started immediately after someone says something against an idea/proposal. Because of the current system, discussions pretty much stop at that point, but under the new system, it would be good if they went on first before everyone has to take a side.
- The subject of all the mails must include [VOTE] so that every member can easily filter and notice such important mails.
This was requested in Berlin.
- Eligibility of a language without a valid ISO 639-3 code, but with a valid BCP 47 code.
This would be a novelty.
--MF-W 22:31, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
So which cases should this be applied?
- Well, the policy itself says when it can be applied? --MF-W 17:49, 31 January 2019 (UTC)