Talk:Learning patterns/Organising a Wiki Takes...
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Questions to expand this learning pattern
How do you select a location for a Wiki Takes event?
- For Wiki Takes Leuven we kept in mind that it must be reachable by public transport easily, preferable a train. Also I looked which city has many monuments without a photo (empty lists). Romaine (talk) 23:27, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
How do you promote a Wiki Takes event?
- We have written an official invitation and added it to the Wiki Loves Monuments website. Further we posted the invitation to the central discussion page on Wikipedia, also on the meetings page of Wikipedia, also the time table of Wikipedia, e-mail to wlm-BE mailing list, to WMBE mailing list, and person invitations. Romaine (talk) 23:27, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
What, if any, metrics should you track to evaluate a Wiki Takes event?
- The goal of a Wiki Takes event is first of all to get a better coverage of the monuments in photo on Wikipedia. So that should be the metric. Romaine (talk) 23:27, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
Do you use any strategies to integrate images onto Wiki project pages?
- Strategy? That sounds like doing difficult about something simple: it is just a matter of seeing which images are uploaded and adding them to the articles. Romaine (talk) 23:27, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
Have you encountered any challenges planning or running a Wiki Takes event?
- The biggest challenge was to get all the monuments on a map so I could create a route along them. Sadly this is for me only possible in a primitive way. It is sad that doing a basic activity of putting items on a map, that this is still too complex and there is still no easy way to do this in MediaWiki for it. Romaine (talk) 23:27, 12 August 2015 (UTC)