Talk:Learning patterns/Using the education extension
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Practical guide to using the extension
Would be great to capture some of the more practical steps to enabling and using the extension in addition to the reasons why the extension is beneficial to your work.
- Enable the extension on your language project.
- Localize the interface (as needed)
- Ask the community in a public forum
- Get the extension turned on
- Get appropriate education extension user rights
- Request user rights through the language projects normal process
- Ensure everyone has appropriate user rights to create institutions, create course pages, add instructors, ambassadors, students, etc.
- Monitor student activity
- Pull user data to run reports on Wikimetrics
- Report bugs or feature requests as needed
- Tighe Flanagan (WMF) I think it is a great idea to add these steps directly to the learning pattern. Are there particular steps or instructions that someone would need to follow to do each of these? --KHarold (WMF) (talk) 01:16, 12 February 2015 (UTC)