Why don't we make a vote/poll to see either we shall implement music markup on wikimedia projects?
Yes, music markup would enhance wikimedia a lot!
Note: consider also voting at bugzilla:189, which is where this request has being made to MediaWiki developers.
(oui, un système de notation musicale améliorerait beaucoup Wikipedia)
- Yes. Lilypond (thru WikiTeX) could be perfect for this... --22.214.171.124 00:40, 10 September 2006 (UTC)
- Would be great, I can't wait...--Avsa 21:47, 3 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Depending on a technical consensus Christiaan 22:50, 3 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- This would be an excellent addition. TUF-KAT 23:08, 3 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- We need it to write good articles about music p-e 06:32, 4 Feb 2005 (UTC)P.S.: with LilyPond as shown in wikisophia.
- Yes yes yes. R3m0t 18:53, 4 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Yes. Yves30 14:19, 6 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Use Lilypond. Then we could add classical music wiki style to wikisource. // Wellparp 09:48, 7 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Daniel Mayer 10:10, 7 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Of course. Do we even need to vote on this? --Oldak Quill 01:02, 8 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Absolutely. And my vote goes to Lilypond, or possibly ABC (preferably both). I'm a composer and music engraver, and while I think Lilypond has serious problems in terms of producing good-quality notation, it is far and away the most portable format for complex music out there. Multivoice ABC is way too clunky for serious work, IMHO, but single-voice ABC is wonderful for lead sheets, so I'd like to see support for that too. --Marnen 15:40, 8 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Yes -- Marco Krohn 23:15, 9 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, as an editor of music-related articles I would find a lot of use in this. It would also enhance the Wikipedia experience as a whole in so many ways... we would be able to provide culture to the world by making an archive of accurately reproduced classical music. And even more, a virtual archive of all musical styles in the world. Definitely, definitely yes. --Sn0wflake, 9 Feb 2005
- YES! I strongly support this idea. Recently I was working on an article about sound and some sound clips would be great. Eleassar777 12:13, 10 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, if lilypond is used. silsor 20:06, Feb 10, 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, and my vote goes to lilypond. Lazylemon 09:49, 11 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- [[User:Rdsmith4|User:Rdsmith4/sig]] 17:35, 12 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- I've been making images offline with Lilypond and uploading them for a while now--this would certainly make things much easier and likely encourage me (and I expect others) to do more of that sort of thing. Camembert 03:59, 13 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Absolutely! 126.96.36.199 17:07, 19 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- This would be great. -- Schnee 20:47, 21 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- David Gerard 22:02, 24 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- This is cool. But do it right. 188.8.131.52 21:49, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- This would be very cool. Ambush Commander 00:00, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Definitely yes. Use wikisophia for that. 184.108.40.206 19:14, 7 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Absolutely! Mindspillage 06:01, 13 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- --220.127.116.11 18:41, 17 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- I'm waiting for it! Gérard 19:51, 17 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, yes and yes ! I use MediaWiki for a Balkan music wiki, I can export MusicXML and maybe (later) Lilypond from Myriad software. I expect a system to show music in MediaWiki. --18.104.22.168 18:22, 31 Mar 2005 (UTC) (Iubito on wikipedia fr).
- Spm 15:51, 5 Apr 2005 (UTC).
- Yes ! Darky
- Just Another Yes. Meanos + 16:47, 26 July 2005 (UTC)
- This Lilypond markup should definitely be implemented. That would make a world of difference! Koinu 15:24, 11 August 2005 (UTC)
- YES PLEASE! Whose leg do we have to hump here to get this done? (actually maybe they shouldnt implement it so i dont spend the rest of my waking hours writing music articles :-) --22.214.171.124 14:59, 22 November 2005 (UTC)
- Yes I was thinking of implementing a wiki system for sharing sheet music. A friend was looking for sheet music and I tried to find stuff online and it was all pay or very difficult to find anything good and none of it was open source. So I thought about starting a wiki to handle the sharing of sheet music, when I began researching however I found this.
- Yes. ABC notation is far and away the most accessible in spite of its limitations with development continuing to extend the standard. Also, please visit The International Music Score Library Project where a similar project is in progress. Please note that I would have registered but the CAPTCHA image was not shown. --126.96.36.199 14:34, 3 July 2006 (UTC) aka Sphemusator
- Yes. Then, we could show musical devices (like cadences) clearly! 188.8.131.52 10:40, 11 November 2006 (UTC) (sjlegg on wikipedia)
- This feature would solve severe copyright problems at the de.wikipedia. I volunteer to contribute to the German documentation (and to the English, but limited by my language competence). --Hei ber 18:41, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, I think it´s a very good idea
- Yes, and I want WikiScores too. By the way, wikisophia seems to work fine. --Miguelio 20:27, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
- Absolutely! Debianux 19:49, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- Wikisource needs this to transcribe pages. See s:Category:Sheet_music and s:Page:College Songs (Waite, 1887).djvu/22 John Vandenberg 05:19, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- Support Support — Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 06:52, 8 October 2009 (UTC)
- I understand possible reservations which Wikipedia might have, but this would be a massive boost for the various Wikisource projects. V85 21:30, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
- of course YES. And I'd like to see lilypond used (it is very easy to do both notation and lyrics in lilypond). But I see this discussion is already 5+ years old - was anything decided in the end? Metalloid 12:18, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
- Support--Micru 12:08, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
No, this would only lead to creeping featurism
(non, cela conduirait à une addition inutile selon l'idée erronée qu'un ajout est forcément utile alors que l'inverse est souvent constaté)
Wait, we need further technical discussion
(attendons, il nous faut plus de discussions techniques)
All scores at de.wikipedia
All musical scores that are stored at de.wikipedia can be found as gallery at the following links:
These galleries can be used in order to evaluate which program (lilpond, abc, abc-plus) could be suitable for usage in a Wikipedia.
Some more links can be found at w:de:Benutzer:Hei_ber/Notensatz#Gallerie (sorry, German only at the moment, but please leave me a note if you would like to have a translation!)--Hei ber 19:20, 28 June 2009 (UTC)