effeietsanders: access to foundation website, boardmember of Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland, sysop on nl.wikipedia.org ; nl.wikimedia.org ; nl.wikisource.org. babel: nl ; en-2 ; fr-1 ; de-1 ; la-1. Further orginizing Wikimedia Conference Netherlands. (don't know if it is appropriate in here) Effeietsanders 17:49, 10 April 2006 (UTC) Ah, my username on OTRS is "eia". Effeietsanders 17:50, 10 April 2006 (UTC)
Is some table usefull, with all languages, and with every language about three links (just like , , [N]) to users who speak the language? If the list of users grows, it won't be possible to find the person who speaks a certain language. Effeietsanders 21:42, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
Updated information on Board queue
According to Angela, the following people, in addition to the ones listed, have access to the Board queue:
- Aurevilly / Jean-Christophe Chazalette (read only)
- Brad Patrick
- JeLuF (read-only)
- Kelly Martin
- Monica Guerrero
- Is the above accurate?
- OTRS states: "Emails sent to board at wikimedia.org are dealt with here by anyone with an official position." Many of the people above do not seem to meet this definition, and some aren't even member of the ComCom. How is membership of the Board queue currently handled? Could the information in the aforementioned page be updated to reflect this, please?
- Some of these individuals appear to be no longer active (Villy) or have resigned their position (Maveric149). Should they be removed from queue access, and if so, who is able to do so?
--Eloquence 21:00, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
- It's moot now; the Board queue is being closed and mail previously sent there redirected to other places; nothing should be sent there now except by mistake from people who don't update their address books. In practice only a handful were answering and most going unanswered for too long because it wasn't being seen by the appropriate eyes. Will update the page. Mindspillage (spill yours?) 21:17, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
- (I should note also to clarify that Kelly, Essjay, and I had access only to clear the queue of things that did not belong there by junking, closing, or moving it.) Mindspillage (spill yours?) 21:19, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
Reword to reflect the nature of the info a bit
I think that a small reword might be a good idea to reflect the nature of the information on the project page - just to let folk know that this isn't a comprehensive list - rather that some volunteers have chosen to make public some information.. I think that would be clearer! thought? Privatemusings 00:19, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
Hello, Please could you have a look at my File:Royan_frontdemer_1960.jpg. I placed "OTRS pending" models on it (I don't know much about the use of it, maybe I mistook, don't hesitate to modify) on the timestamp I mentioned, the day when I sent an email to Yvon to ask for his permission. I am (still) waiting for their answer. Thanks, Jack ma 18:40, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
Why you blocked me? Article Conceição das Alagoas, in Portuguese, I have a picture to improve the article. Answer me please, just want to improve the desert image is Wikipedia. My language is Portuguese, has been kind enough to answer me in my language ... João Gilberto Mendonça 12:06, 19 January 2010 —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
Guten Tag! Für das Buch "Wir vom Jahrgang 1932", Wartberg-Verlag, würde ich gerne die Abbildung von Arnulf Rainer http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Arnulf_Rainer,_Sternsucher,_1994,_ein_Film_von_Herbert_Br%C3%B6dl.jpg verwenden. Falls möglich bitte ich Sie um einen kurzen schriftlichen Vermerk an email@example.com, in dem Sie mir das für alle Auflagen der Publikation genehmigen; als User ist zwar Oberau angegeben, im Übrigen wird aber auf OTRS verwiesen. Als Fotocredit würde ich Oberau/CC-BY-SA 3.0 angeben, es sei etwas anderes ist erforderlich. Als Bildgeber stünde dem Copyrightinhaber auch ein Belegexemplar zu, wenn Sie das in Anspruch nehmen wollen bitte um Bekanntgabe einer Zustelladresse. Vielen Dank für Ihr Entgegenkommen, mit freundlichen Grüßen Helmuth Santler
I'm not sure whether Rlevse technically still has access, but he has exercised his right to vanish, and all permissions have been removed from his account. WilliamH 22:17, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
I reverted this edit since I can't check whether it was performed by someone who's allowed to (username is hidden from the log). Please put the information back if it is legitimate. Effeietsanders (talk) 11:03, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
- It was oversighted because it was done by an IP, so I guess the revert is fine as the user should login to add themselves to the list. The Helpful One 11:14, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
Hallo zusammen, in der umseitigen Liste ist bei Benutzer Millbart noch "Oversight" eingetragen. Sofern ich mich nicht irre, ist dies nicht mehr aktuell. Viele Grüße, --Unendlicheweiten (talk) 12:28, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
Wer kann bitte die erste Version von File:Kiez, 28203 - Bic-Kugelschreiber auf Leinen, 120 x 150 cm, 2016.jpg (15:26, 27. Jan. 2017) löschen. Der Urheber Jub Mönster möchte das Bild nur in einer geringeren Auflösung zur Verfügung stellen. Sobald der erste upload gelöscht ist gibt er eine Freigabeerklärung. Danke --Godewind (talk) 19:14, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
- Leider ist es nicht gelungen _eine_ Version löschen zu lassen, keine Reaktion auf verschiedene Anfragen. Nun lade ich die nachgeladene Datei erneut hoch. Für alle ein mehr an Aufwand. --Godewind (talk) 17:02, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
- I think it's better the remove the list as it's almost impossible to keep up-to-date. Those who have access to the OTRS wiki can see all the OTRS agents and queues where they have an access. I think a public list is not so important. Stryn (talk) 16:28, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- @Tesser4D and Stryn: The list is being updated through this page: OTRS/Personnel/List. Some members don't show up in the global OTRS group, which is why I thought the list was completely out of date until I realised it. For example the OTRS template "verify" link on your user page gives this which doesn't show OTRS. It's the same with CentralAuth, some OTRS members have the group and some don't. -kyykaarme (talk) 16:19, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
Many agents are no longer actives, and several small WP has no active OTRS agents. Is it possible to identified the non-active agents, in order to promote new agents, or at least to know what language can really be assisted? --Ganímedes (talk) 17:30, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- There are no non-active agents, and new candidates are always welcome to apply regardless of how many agents there are already. --Krd 06:18, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
Volunteering for fast track ticket handling?
(cross-posting from OTRS wiki for better visibility)
Hello. I am an admin on the English Wikipedia and Commons, who requested OTRS access sometime back mostly to verify OTRS files that end up in deletion queues. With certain recent events in RL, I don't expect to have much time to look for work (i.e. go through the dashboard, pick items, etc), but I will most definitely be online, and thus will be able to help when asked.
So my question is, is there place where existing editors can find and contact [volunteering] OTRS agents directly, to speed up ticket handling of requested cases? I would be happy to list myself in such a place, if so. In other words, I would be happy to help (existing Wikimedia)-users who would like particular cases to be handled sooner. I presume a fair amount of tickets would also then be closed sooner. Thoughts? Rehman 01:38, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
And if such a list doesn't exist, what do you think of creating it on this page? Incorporating a separate column in the existing crowded table is one option, but I'd like to hear your thoughts. Rehman 01:40, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- I think the tickets should be processed by the corresponding team in natural order, and no tickets should be preferred just because somebody asks for, because that would cause an unfair delay to all other tickets in the queue. --Krd 06:15, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- Of course, you are absolutely right in that perspective. But, if existing OTRS agents are willing to act on direct requests from existing (i.e. experienced) editors, such as those actively in touch with GLAM, then I'm sure that would result in a net benefit, as I explained above. The editor would not face an embarrassing delay, and the OTRS agent (who opted-in to direct requests) would be happy to help with the request.
- This has already been happening, but only between editors and agents who know each other in real-life, or have a close online relationship. So technically, the only change I am proposing is to have a separate official list (or column) of users who are willing to accept direct pings for particular cases. Thoughts welcome. Rehman 15:13, 21 June 2019 (UTC)