Talk:OmegaWiki and language exercises
"Currently, Ogg Vorbis is the audio format of choice, because the format is free"
Actually, using Ogg Speex would be better because it is a format designed for speech. I know it is much less common than Ogg Vorbis, which is already a good format, but I just wanted to point that out. it would be more appropriate. Koxinga 13:25, 27 October 2005 (UTC)
- It is hard enough to get people to have ogg vorbis, this may be a technical correct stance but would it make it better for us as a project.. Audacity does ogg vorbis, what does ogg speex ?? GerardM 15:48, 27 October 2005 (UTC)
- well, Audacity in a future version (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=files&i=wma-proprietary).
- There is also Sweep (http://www.metadecks.org/software/sweep/), but it doesn't run under windows so I guess it doesn't count.
- OK, it's not very conclusive, but it's a good thing to know that this format exists. :)
- Koxinga 13:07, 28 October 2005 (UTC)
- It makes no difference to know that the format exists. It is not supported in software and as a result it is irrelevant. Talking about sweep and audacity is only half the issue. Even more important is the support for the end users... GerardM 09:01, 29 October 2005 (UTC)