Hi, Planet has finally become a proper puppet module in gerrit:108674. Among other things this means it shows up in places like doc.wm.org and all the configs are defined types. It also means the path to the feed templates has changed. Please see: ./modules/planet/templates/feeds/ now. Change the template content just like before. Best regards, Mutante (talk) 06:01, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
Moving workflow to Phabricator
We have tried these last months to manage the Planet configuration on this meta. page.
Experience shows it's not the most efficient option. Changes sometimes waited several weeks before processing.
I don't know for the other people who submitted patches to Gerrit, but for the changes I handled, each time, I were notified outside this meta. page, on IRC and by mail.
On another hand, experience shows small discrete task like request a large file to be uploaded on Commons were successfully handled on Bugzilla.
Phabricator allows more easily to enter a bug than Bugzilla, both by interface (the form is gentler) and login (you can login with Wikimedia SUL account).
I'm so offering to move this workflow from meta. to Phabricator, so we can get things done, and I like other volunteers will be able to process changes in a more timely fashion.
- Oppose. The Meta-Wiki request page is the place where consensus can be verified, and it must be on wiki. The "true" queue of requests is on gerrit and is usually enough for most cases as the blog authors generally have a gerrit account which can be cc'd. We don't need yet another place to check.--Nemo 08:09, 19 November 2014 (UTC)
- Sure, we can keep the meta. page for anything that should be discussed.
- Phabricator is only offered for the technical side of the changes.
- So I offer to implement two workflows:
- Consensual change → a technical ticket can be directly opened on Phabricator → the request could then quickly be seen and processed → a change is prepared (currently on Gerrit)
- There is something to discuss → a social discussion is kept on the relevant meta page (Planet Wikimedia for most languages, Planet Wikimedia/Discussions concernant fr.planet for fr.) until a consensus has been reached → a technical ticket can then be opened on Phabricator → a change is prepared (currently on Gerrit)
- Each time we see a social request on Phabricator, we point the requested to meta. And we directly accept trivial technical requests like could you change the RSS URL?
- --Dereckson (talk) 09:47, 19 November 2014 (UTC)
- I see no gain in your proposal. --Nemo 16:09, 20 November 2014 (UTC)
- The Planet doesn't host anything, hence it can't delete anything either. Planet is just a feed aggregator to subscribe to multiple feeds at the same time. I follow the feeds in Thunderbird and I have all old posts in my archives. Nemo 20:06, 27 November 2015 (UTC)
- I don't get exactly what does it means, because I don't use RSS. This page says it's like news clipping, and news clipping consists of copying the text and hosting it on your domain. That's why I thought the content was being copyed and after, the copy deleted.--MisterSanderson (talk) 02:04, 28 November 2015 (UTC)
Added Albanian and Bulgarian planets
Hi, Albanian and Bulgarian planet have been added as requested.
updating my blogs
- The Planet fetches updates every few hours. Just in case: please don't change the publication date of your posts as that would create duplicates. Nemo 22:04, 3 April 2016 (UTC)
I don't know if it should be added to the planet because it's not always Wikimedia-related, but there's a RSS feed of blog posts on English Wikiversity: https://tools.wmflabs.org/mediawiki-feeds/feed.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikiversity.org%2Fw%2F&category=Category:Blog_posts&num=20 Sam Wilson 00:07, 21 February 2017 (UTC)
Did anyone post about the move?
I just noticed that the RSS feed for Planet Wikimedia hasn't had any new posts in over a month. Apparently the feed moved, and I missed the notice. Is there any way to add a post to the old feed telling people to update things? --Yair rand (talk) 06:49, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
I was wondering if you know: Are there plans to bring this back? If not, were the chapter blogs already all integrated into the larger Planet Wikimedia? Here are the current full lists of feeds included there. Thanks. :-) Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 21:28, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
@Quiddity (WMF): Hi, sorry for the very late response, yes unfortunately the site has been down and not updated in a while (and unfortunately, some of the services I relied on to get a feed do not work anymore). As far as I know, not all the chapters/affiliates pages are included in the other planet.
This was my list (last updated at the end of 2016 though):
[http://feeds.feedburner.com/huwikipedia] name = Wikimedia Hungary face= Wikimedia Hungary.png # pick up the default facewidth and faceheight [http://blog.wikimedia.cz/feed/] name = Wikimedia Czech Republic [http://blog.wikimedia.de/feed/] name = Wikimedia Germany face = Wikimedia Germany.png [http://blog.wikimedia.hk/?feed=rss2] name = Wikimedia Hong Kong [http://blogg.wikimedia.no/feed/] name = Wikimedia Norway face = Wikimedia Norway.png [http://feeds2.feedburner.com/WikimediaFrance] name = Wikimedia France link=http://blog.wikimedia.fr [http://www.wikimedia.fr/rss.xml] name = Wikimedia France link= http://www.wikimedia.fr [http://fulltextrssfeed.com/wikimediaeesti.wordpress.com/feed/] name = Wikimedia Estonia face = Wikimedia Estonia.png link = http://wikimediaeesti.wordpress.com [http://fulltextrssfeed.com/wikimediasverige.wordpress.com/feed/] name = Wikimedia Sweden face = Wikimedia Sweden.png link = http://wikimediasverige.wordpress.com [http://fulltextrssfeed.com/wikimediaukraine.wordpress.com/feed/] name = Wikimedia Ukraine face = WikimediaUkraine.png link = http://wikimediaukraine.wordpress.com/ [http://www.wikimedia.at/rss.xml] name = Wikimedia Austria face = WikimediaAustria.png #[http://www.wikimedia.org.es/feed] #name = Wikimedia Spain [http://wikimedia-es.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default] name = Wikimedia Spain link= http://www.wikimedia.org.es [http://blog.wikimedia.org/feed/] name = Wikimedia Foundation face = Wikimedia Foundation.png [http://wmnederland.nl/feed/] name = Wikimedia Netherlands face = Wikimedia Netherlands.png [http://blog.wikimedia.org.il/?feed=atom] name = Wikimedia Israel face = WikimediaIsrael.png [http://blog.wikimedia.org.uk/feed/] name = Wikimedia United Kingdom face= Wikimedia UK.png [http://www.wikimedia.it/feed ] name = Wikimedia Italy link = http://www.wikimedia.it/blog [http://fulltextrssfeed.com/www.wikimedia.org.ar/rss.xml] name = Wikimedia Argentina face = Wikimedia-Argentina.png link = http://www.wikimedia.org.ar [http://wikimediamexico.wordpress.com/feed/] name = Wikimedia Mexico [http://blog.wikimediachile.cl/?feed=rss2] name = Wikimedia Chile [http://blog.wikimedia.pt/feed/] name = Wikimedia Portugal [http://fulltextrssfeed.com/blog.wikimedia.in/?feed=rss2] name = Wikimedia India link = http://blog.wikimedia.in face = WikimediaIndia.png [http://blog.wikimediadc.org/feed] name = Wikimedia DC link = http://blog.wikimediadc.org/ face = WikimediaDC.png [http://fulltextrssfeed.com/wikimedia.org.ve/blog/?feed=rss] name = Wikimedia Venezuela link = http://blog.wikimedia.org.ve/ face = Wikimediavenezuela.png [http://wikimedia.ru/blog/feeds/latest/] name = Wikimedia Russia link = http://wikimedia.ru/blog/ face= WikimediaRussia.png [http://fulltextrssfeed.com/blog.wikimedia.org.ph/feed/] name= Wikimedia Philippines link= http://blog.wikimedia.org.ph face= WikimediaPH.png [http://goo.gl/qlvxm] name= This Month in Education link = http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education_Portal/Newsletter face = Wikimedia Foundation.png [http://blog.wikimedia.rs/?feed=rss2] name = Wikimedia Serbia link = http://blog.wikimedia.rs/ [http://fulltextrssfeed.com/blog.wikimedia.fi/feed/] name= Wikimedia Finland link = http://blog.wikimedia.fi/ face= [http://www.wikimedia.cat/feed/] name = Amical Wikimedia