- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
|In February 2021, we are planning on organizing a workshop on the topic of bots. Bots are automated tools that carry out repetitive, tedious and mundane tasks. To help us structure the workshop, we would like to understand needs of communities in this regard. Please let us know any of
Please let us your inputs before 7 February 2021.
- a) repetitive/mundane tasks that you generally do, especially for maintenance
- b) tasks you think can be automated on your wiki.
Bot planned on the Konkani Wikipedia
Hello KCVelaga, on the Konkani Wikipedia, we have planned to deploy a bot using Pywikibot/Welcome.py for welcoming new users. There is a task in Phabricator for this. Regards, The Discoverer (talk) 13:58, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
- @The Discoverer: Thanks for bringing this up, we will try to cover this during the workshop. --KCVelaga (talk) 14:08, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
Bots required for Telugu Wikipedia
Bots required for the following tasks on Tewiki
- Automation of a part of the AFD process (pre-discussion and post-decision activities)
- Good Article process (Notifications etc)
- New User Welcome
@KCVelaga: Can you please help us with the above. Thank you. __Chaduvari (talk) 08:28, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Chaduvari: Thank you, we will try to cover this during the workshop. --KCVelaga (talk) 11:50, 30 January 2021 (UTC)
Hello KCVelaga, eventually, most Wikis will need a bot to archive old posts on talk pages, so it could be useful if you could cover this. I suppose that the easiest way to achieve this would be by using Pywikibot/archivebot.py . The Discoverer (talk) 16:49, 13 February 2021 (UTC)
- @The Discoverer: Sure, thank you. KCVelaga (talk) 04:04, 14 February 2021 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.