Jump to navigation Jump to search
@Abbad (WMF): What is the intention of the page Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Recommendations/Sprint as I see no difference with Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Recommendations? Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 12:30, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- @Ad Huikeshoven: The in-progress page of Harmonziation Sprint receommndations (ATM a copy-paste of the older page, which is why all the links are still identical) will display the updated versions of the recommendations, which the working groups have submitted for the purpose of Harmonization on September 9th. Some of these recommendations were already well-developed at the time of Wikimania and, as you have pointed out, have hardly changed since then: others, however are now drastically different. We would like the community to be able to see the newer recommendations before the Sprint in Tunis, even if the changes were small.
- To reply to your other comment, a text compare will show plenty of small differences in Capacity Building recommendations, even though (I'd say) they were among the least changed. Hope that answers your questions! --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 13:18, 14 September 2019 (UTC).
- This is so not wiki. Had you put the new version as a new version of the old page a normal page diff from the history of the page would have been readily available. Now I do have to copy two pages and paste them on an external site to hopefully see the differences. Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 11:19, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
- Please, @Abbad (WMF): I would like to see the diffs of the recommendations. Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 11:23, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
- @Abbad (WMF): This is a mess, with the old recommendations all mixed up with the new in the page.--- Darwin Ahoy! 01:16, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
- @Ad Huikeshoven: Your point is totally valid, but I'm afraid I can't think of a way to apply it. The recommendations number and content, in some cases, has substantially changed since Wikimania. In Partnerships, for example, they went down from 21 to 13 recommendations. It wouldn't work to replace the first 13 older recommendations with newer versions, as there were many mergers and theme changes. If you have any other suggestion, I'm totally open to discuss --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 09:29, 19 September 2019 (UTC).