Talk:Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Transition/Discuss/Cluster E
Questions to discuss
Since there was a limited time for discussion at the Global Conversations, and not everyone who wanted to participate was present, the same discussion around this cluster can continue here on Meta (the focus would be, ideally, on the same questions that attendees tried to answer during the events - pasted below) --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 21:54, 18 December 2020 (UTC).
- Guiding question: What are the immediate steps we need to take to implement this initiative cluster?
- Who needs to be involved and what does their involvement look like?
- What do we want to achieve more specifically in 18 months?
Problem with zoom ?
Hello, I'm on time on zoom with the link https://wikimedia.zoom.us/wc/95448590179/join?refTK=&from=&wpk=wcpk117668fc37cf86785d8cbd07a85a6b7b but i can't reach the meeting... Is that canceled ? Lionel Scheepmans ✉ Contact French native speaker, sorry for my dysorthography 14:11, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- Can we use jitsi instead of Zoom ? That a free open software option and i't much more easy to connect it. Lionel Scheepmans ✉ Contact French native speaker, sorry for my dysorthography
Funding criterias and staff for support
something what would be helpful to have until the next conversation about funding is to get a overview about what are the criterias for get funding at different chapters and how many staff works at the chapters to support the volunteers. I can help you in creating such a overview. From my point of view it is needed to ask the different chapters about there criterias and getting overvies about their FTE and what their tasks are. --Hogü-456 (talk) 17:22, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
Grants Strategy Relaunch
I read from the Grants Strategy Relaunch currently Community_Resources/Grants_Strategy_Relaunch_2020-2021/Overview and I think this has something to do with funding for underrepresented communitie point in Cluster E. So if you are interested in you can say what you think about it at the talk page there and how it could be implemented. When I read it today I wondered about this Relaunch. From my point of view there are two discussions about a similiar topic at different places and this is not good. --Hogü-456 (talk) 22:37, 5 March 2021 (UTC)
- Hi Hogü-456, apologies for the delay in my response. Reimagining how grants are made and distributed in the movement has been a long time community request. That's why there was a resource allocation working group from the start of the movement strategy process. It's no surprise that multiple recommendations tried to address it, why it ended up as a global priority, and why the Community Resources (CR) team is also planning the relaunch. The CR team conducted an excellent process to speak with affiliates and community members around the world and the relaunch captures a lot of what has been asked for. You are right, the two processes are similar and the movement strategy team will be closely collaborating with the CR team to avoid any confusion or to put extra demand on the community. The relaunch page is where any effort should be focused right now. If you have any thoughts, please share there. With regards to movement strategy, the team is hoping to communicate the next steps with the communities over the next few weeks. Thanks for being here. MPourzaki (WMF) (talk) 02:13, 13 March 2021 (UTC)