Talk:Title blacklist

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Requests and proposals Title blacklist Archives (current)→
The associated page is used by the TitleBlacklist MediaWiki extension, and lists strings of regular expressions that may not be used as page titles or usernames on any Wikimedia projects. Any Meta-Wiki administrator or steward can edit this blacklist.

For more information on what the title blacklist is for, and the processes used here, please see Title blacklist/About.

Please post comments to the appropriate section below: Proposed additions, Proposed removals, or Troubleshooting and problems, read the messageboxes at the top of each section for an explanation. Also, please check back some time after submitting, there could be questions regarding your request. In addition to that, please sign your posts with ~~~~ after your comment.

Completed requests are archived, additions and removal are logged.
Translate this page
Filing cabinet icon.svg
SpBot archives all sections tagged with {{Section resolved|1=~~~~}} and sections whose most recent comment is older than 30 days.

snippet for logging: {{tbl-log|19810469#{{subst:anchorencode:SectionNameHere}}}}

Proposed additions[edit]

Symbol comment vote.svg This section is for proposing that a page title be blacklisted; add new entries at the bottom of the section. Provide links demonstrating widespread creation by multiple users or IP's. Completed requests will be marked as done or denied and archived.

Suggested regex[edit]

Please add the following due to persistent LTA at enwiki

.*hen.*(?:at|otline).*lin.* <newaccountonly>

The last fifty users this regex scanned on gUser returned two false positives (Zhenya vatulin and, so this might require some significant tweaking. ミラP 23:26, 8 February 2020 (UTC)

@Miraclepine: we wouldn't generally act on requests such as these. As we are accountable for additions we need to know what we are managing. I would suggest that you take it to enWP's ANI and get them to look whether this is the best way to address whatever issue you are seeing.  — billinghurst sDrewth 13:51, 9 February 2020 (UTC)
@Billinghurst: The enwiki TB says that "<newaccountonly> is no longer useful locally as accounts are created globally, these would need to be added to the global blacklist." The LTA in question is WhenDatHotlineBling, and accounts associated with that user (and also another LTA at enwiki, My Royal Young) keep being created. ミラP 00:24, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
I understand the issue, and I did not say get them to blacklist them locally, please reread what I did say. For LTAs your suggested method of response is not robust, so we will work cooperatively with local admins and they will supply us with information for areas where they need our assistance.  — billinghurst sDrewth 07:24, 10 February 2020 (UTC)


To prevent any acts of creating a new account, please add the it to the blacklist due to it's long-term pattern of abuse,


The many times the vandal began creating the デーモン閣下 ends up with the number or デーモン閣下XX. It needs to be stopped creating the range of LTA. 2600:6C4E:580:A:2CD7:FF26:B5F7:824 17:16, 15 February 2020 (UTC)

X mark.svg Not done I had this in mind too, but after some deliberations as well as consultation with ~riley, we had decided to monitor rather than adding into the title blacklist. No prejudice for addition in the future should it go out of hand. Thanks.--Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 17:19, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
Second this closure. If we title blacklist it, they will just change the username to a pattern we aren't monitoring. Let's wait for it to get worse. ~riley (talk) 17:33, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
@~riley and Camouflaged Mirage: Okay can you get Rxy to take a look on it's デーモン閣下 ranges ending with XX number, because I found デーモン閣下42 to デーモン閣下47, the remaining users which is blocked on jaWP. Can you prefer locking the remaining accounts now? 2600:6C4E:580:A:2CD7:FF26:B5F7:824 17:59, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
I had submitted a SRG request for locking of those accounts. To be honest I don't mind blacklisting, but the concern that they may jump to another name and the increase in difficulty to track them down is holding me back. I am on this case from the very beginning, rest assured I will not let their abuse go out of hand. --Camouflaged Mirage (talk) 18:18, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
This guy previously don't use demon lord name, so do not blacklist this one, use abusefilter instead so it'll be easier to spot when this guy came back with same name demonlordxxx something. Still need to run check though, I thought he only have 87 account previously but apparently this guy already reach 100+.--AldnonymousBicara? 18:23, 15 February 2020 (UTC)

Proposed removals[edit]

Symbol comment vote.svg This section is for proposing that a title be unlisted; please add new entries at the bottom of the section. Remember to provide the specific title or regex blacklisted, links to the articles they are used in or useful to, and arguments in favour of unlisting. Completed requests will be marked as done or denied and archived. The addition or removal of a title is not a vote, please do not bold the first words in statements.

Troubleshooting and problems[edit]

Symbol comment vote.svg This section is for comments related to problems with the blacklist (such as incorrect syntax or entries not being blocked), or problems saving a page because of a blacklisted title. This is not the section to request that an entry be unlisted (see Proposed removals above).