Jump to content

Talk:Tyap Wikimedians User Group

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki

Please dear viewer, you may suggest to us on how to improve on this page. Thanks. Kambai Akau (talk) 14:48, 21 August 2021 (UTC)Reply

Greetings from Taiwan

[edit]

Sorry to write in English.

Good day! We are community of pinayuanan (Paiwan) from Taiwan. We are also starting our user group on meta. And it seems that both of our communities are working on our test wiki projects on the incubator. In the future, maybe we can have some activities like a conference to share our experiences on developing a project on the incubator. In details, we can have a further discussion later. ripunn 15:26, 13 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

Greetings, Ripunn. Sorry it took this long a time to reply your message. Collaboration between our communities is a welcome idea. Hopefully, we shall hold conferences in the near future to share our experiences and ideas. Looking forward to great collaborations between our communities in the future. Warm regards. Kambai Akau (talk) 16:10, 26 October 2021 (UTC)Reply

Sunday November 13 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting

[edit]
bestiary (Q830560)compendium (Q1459574)reference work (Q13136).

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimedia Research Fund, 2023 Ombuds commission and Case Review Committee appointments process, feedback on consultation and community session of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, various Wikimania topics: (ideas/suggestions for Wikimania 2023, expressions of interest for Wikimania 2024 and beyond, expressions of interest to join Wikimania Steering Committee), and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday November 13, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and
UTC times are different from before, and also note that some areas may have recently experienced daylight savings time changes.).--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:18, 9 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Okay Basham Barnabas (talk) 10:39, 12 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

All in Friday musa (talk) 15:20, 13 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Invitation to join the Wikimedia Affiliate strategy discussions

[edit]

Hope this message finds you well. I am sharing an update about the Wikimedia Foundation Affiliate strategy initiative. In November, Nataliia Tymkiv, Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees announced the beginning of Wikimedia Foundation Affiliate strategy.

We are working on the next steps of the Affiliate strategy. We invite you to a session with the Board of Trustees, AffCom, and supporting staff to provide input into this process. These sessions will be conducted in groups and the language will be English. If you are able to attend one of these meetings, please sign up here. If you prefer a 1:1 session for a detailed discussion, please reach out to me. If you are unable to attend the meeting, please respond via the survey or in writing to askcac@wikimedia.org or on the Talk page.

This message was also sent by email to affiliate primary contacts.

Best, MKaur (WMF) 22:30, 22 May 2023 (UTC)Reply

WikiWomenCamp 2023 Scholarship Application

[edit]

Hello all,

We are thrilled to announce the opening of the scholarship applications for Wiki Women Camp 2023 which will run from 20-23 October in New Delhi, India. The scholarship application deadline is July 4th, end of the day (anywhere in the world), and applicants will receive notification of decisions in mid-July.

Please submit your application directly through the provided forms available here.

If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at admin@wikiwomencamp.org.

Cheers,
Maffeth.opiana (talk) 11:25, 23 June 2023 (UTC)Reply
On behalf of the WikiWomenCamp 2023 Team

Notification of upcoming reporting due date

[edit]

Greetings Kambai Akau, Zbobai,

This is a notification to bring to your attention that your organization reporting date is coming up in 30 day(s). Wikimedia Affiliates are required to submit an annual activity report covering the entirety of the 12-month agreement period in order to prompt review for a renewal. Reports must be written in English, posted to meta via the Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal.

This page is used to track how organizations and groups are meeting reporting requirements described in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation (e.g. chapter agreements, thematic organization agreements, user group agreements). It is the central place where affiliates can add reports about their activities, share their plans, and even news or social media channels with the wider movement. When new reports are available, organizations and groups should add them to this page to keep their columns up to date.

As noted on the meta Reports page, your organization’s 2023 annual reporting will be due in 2023-08-07. Please be sure to:

  • Post your 2023 annual reporting to the meta via the Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal as soon as possible to return to compliance with your user group agreement.
  • Check that your group’s page is also up to date with past report links for historical record-keeping, and
  • Please send an email to Wikimedia-l in order to share with a movement-wide audience.

If you have any questions or need any further guidance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to wadportal(_AT_)wikimedia.org.

Best regards,

Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal

--User:DNdubane_(WMF) 16:28, 8 July 2023 (UTC)Reply

Hi User:DNdubane_(WMF), sorry I am coming across this quite late. I would like to appeal that notifications should be sent to our personal mails in the case of another time, please. I am most active via emails than via the talk page, so I don't get to see notifications like this quick when occupied with work and other things. Thanks and regards. Kambai Akau (talk) 17:59, 11 August 2023 (UTC)Reply

Sunday July 16 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting (Global Council focus, now available in ar, es, fr!)

[edit]
SWAN: The Next Generation

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimania Singapore, Future of SWAN, Movement Charter/Content new sections (particularly Movement Charter/Content/Global Council), other activities you submit, and we will top it all off with a grand finale AI Happy Hour / Doom Hour!

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 16, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

UTC meeting times are and
Note that we are now meeting on Zoom, with interpretation in the 2nd session in (Arabic) (Spanish) (French)--Pharos (talk) 02:41, 12 July 2023 (UTC)Reply

Call for Affiliates & Call for Trainers WikiWomenCamp 2023

[edit]

Dear all,

The WikiWomenCamp 2023 team is excited to announce that the calls for Affiliates and Trainers are open now!

Self-funded affiliates attendance

If your affiliate is interested, kindly fill out the registration form by 8 August 2023, anywhere on earth. Please note that self-funded attendance means participants will be responsible for their travel, accommodation, visa (if required), and related expenses. We have 10 seats reserved for affiliates. Here is the form link: Google Forms

Trainers

The call for trainers to facilitate gender-focused sessions at WikiWomenCamp 2023 is open. To propose your session(s), please submit the application form by 8th August 2023. More details about the call for trainers (benefits for trainers and key dates) are here: m:WWC2023/Program

To read more about the camp, please visit: m:WikiWomenCamp 2023

Cheers,
Maffeth.opiana (talk) 03:37, 29 July 2023 (UTC)Reply
On behalf of the WWC23 team

Wiki Medicinal Herbs Project

[edit]

Dear Community members,

I am writing to inform the community about my proposal on Wiki Medicinal Herbs which is a project aimed at preserving the knowledge of the inherent in our medicinal herbs through identification,documentation and archiving the over 5,000 medicinal herbs obtainable locally.Interested community members are invited to join us on this project.

Best Regards Oludegun (talk) 20:21, 29 August 2023 (UTC)Reply

Oh, lovely @Oludegun. Can you please share a link to the page with us? Best regards, Kambai Akau (talk) 00:44, 2 September 2023 (UTC)Reply

Call for Highlight Videos for WikiWomenCamp 2023

[edit]

Dear Community Members,

As we gear up for the upcoming WikiWomenCamp in India, we are excited to announce a unique opportunity to share your incredible work and its impact with the global community.

What We're Looking For: We invite you to submit short (3-5 minute) videos highlighting your projects, initiatives, or efforts that have made a significant difference in addressing gender gaps. We know that many of you are doing remarkable work in various corners of the world, and we want to shine a spotlight on your achievements.

Why Short Videos: Our camp sessions are extensive, covering a wide range of topics and discussions. In the interest of time and with a commitment to showcasing the amazing initiatives across our movement, we believe that short videos are an effective way to capture and share the essence of your work.

How Your Videos Will Be Used: The selected videos will be featured on our social media channels and played during breaks at the camp. This provides an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your work to a broader audience and inspire others to get involved or collaborate with you.

Submission Guidelines:

  1. Videos should be 3-5 minutes in length.
  2. Please focus on the impact of your work, highlighting how it contributes to addressing gender gap.
  3. Be creative and engage in your presentation.
  4. Ensure video quality is clear and audible.
  5. Narration (optional): If possible, include a brief voiceover or text captions to provide context and explanation.
  6. Language: While English is preferred for wider accessibility, videos in other languages are also welcome. Kindly ensure that non-English videos are accompanied by English subtitles or captions.

Submission Deadline:

To be considered for inclusion in our camp programming, please submit your videos by Thursday, 28th September 2023. Late submissions may still be featured later on our social media channels.

How to Submit:

To avoid any issues with file sizes, we recommend using a file transfer service like WeTransfer or Google Drive while sharing your videos with us at admin@wikiwomencamp.org. In your email, include a brief description of your project, affiliate name / your name or username, and contact information.

We believe that your stories and experiences are powerful tools for change. By sharing them with our community, you contribute to a collective effort to bridge the gender gap and empower women and girls worldwide.

Thank you for being a part of the camp initiatives, and we look forward to receiving your inspiring videos.


Warm regards,
WikiWomenCamp 2023 COT


Maffeth.opiana (talk) 09:57, 21 September 2023 (UTC)Reply

Introducing the Wikimedia photo library and a workshop invite

[edit]

Dear Wikimedia affiliates communications leads,

We are so excited to share a new resource with you: The Wikimedia Photo Library. In it you will find high quality images that help to tell the story of free knowledge. We hope that this library will help you in the important work you do as a communication lead. Alongside this library, we’ve also updated guidelines on how to effectively use imagery to tell brand stories.

Curious to learn more about these resources?

We will be holding a short workshop for 45 minutes on Tuesday 3 October 2023, at 16:00 UTC (add event to your calendar) and again on Thursday 5 October at 7:00 UTC (add event to your calendar) to accommodate different time zones. During these workshops, we will walk you through some examples of images that align with the Movement Brand Guidelines, some basics of quality photography and answer any questions you may have about this topic.

The need for a Wikimedia Photo Library

Our research showed that there are lots of photos available from Wikimedia events, usually featuring people using computers. There were very few images showing mobile editing or reading, and even fewer showing people using the projects in their everyday lives.

These images are the first steps in creating a photo library that is representative of the whole movement. We have added images that are aligned with the Movement Brand Guidelines in this category on Wikimedia Commons. Photography is a powerful tool to create cohesion in Wikimedia communication. Our hope is that all of you will help to build this resource out with images from your region.

By continuing to add to this category, we will be helping one another tell more impactful stories of the free knowledge movement – learn how on the Brand portal on Meta-wiki.

Thank you so much and please let me know if you have any questions. We hope to see you at one of the workshops!


Best,

Samir and the Brand Studio team --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:54, 23 September 2023 (UTC)Reply

Follow up on the last message about the photography workshop

[edit]

Hi everyone,

This is a reminder about our photography sessions happening this week. Also, some people reached out with concerns about not being able to open the links to meetings in the previous message. Please find a direct link to the Google Meet sessions here:

Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions. If you have any questions please reach out to selsharbaty@wikimedia.org . --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:21, 2 October 2023 (UTC)Reply

Opportunities open for the Affiliations Committee, Ombuds commission, and the Case Review Committee

[edit]

Hi everyone! The Affiliations Committee (AffCom), Ombuds commission (OC), and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for new members. These volunteer groups provide important structural and oversight support for the community and movement. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to apply. There is more information about the roles of the groups, the skills needed, and the opportunity to apply on the Meta-wiki page.

If you are aware of participants in your affiliate who may be interested in these roles, please share this message with them.

On behalf of the Committee Support team, Keegan (WMF) (talk) 20:23, 18 October 2023 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Foundation Affiliates Strategy: Summary and Report

[edit]

Dear Wikimedia affiliate,

Last year, the Wikimedia Foundation Board announced they started the process with creating an Affiliates Strategy in collaboration with the Affiliations Committee, the affiliates, and the broader communities with the intention to develop a strategy that will help guide the Foundation’s immediate work in supporting affiliates for the next few years, with a primary focus on the recognition process, as a direct responsibility of the Board.

Over several months, the Wikimedia Foundation Board engaged with an outside consultant to drive a review process of what work the Foundation was doing to support affiliates. The end goal was to have several recommended actions.

You can read more about the findings and the recommendations on this Meta-Wiki page.

Best,

MPossoupe_(WMF)21:29, 23 October 2023 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for sharing MPoussoupe_(WMF). Warm regards! Kambai Akau (talk) 00:47, 29 January 2024 (UTC)Reply

Wiki for Minorities Inaugural Conference

[edit]

There is a group called Wiki for Minorities. Please click to view more information about the group.

This group, which we are a part of, plans to hold its first global conference in Abuja, Nigeria, in July 2024 on a date to be announced soon and it would be nice if members of our group participate in it.

Please, what is your take on this on this conference? I will like to hear your response, as soon possible, ma̱sa̱kut. Also fill this Google Form Questionnaire in addition. N gwai! Kambai Akau (talk) 00:53, 29 January 2024 (UTC), ma‌sa‌kut.Reply

This is a very welcome development to have it in Abuja- Nigeria. I believe this initiative will help strengthen the the unity and also create awareness on cultural diversity and the need to work toward preserving these diverse heritage. By my statement above, I'm declaring my full support and I can't wait to attain as well as mobilizes others to join the movement. Thank you. Friday musa (talk) 04:24, 29 January 2024 (UTC)Reply
I believe strongly that this conference will bring together many ethnic groups and diverse cultures harmonously a
and having it in Abuja-Nigeria is a great i. I'm fully in support of this and can't wait to tell others about it.dea Bello Lydia (talk) 16:52, 31 January 2024 (UTC)Reply
this is a welcomed idea, if the time is convenient, why not, I will be there. Tachio lydiana (talk) 03:20, 1 February 2024 (UTC)Reply

Feedback invited on proposed requirements for affiliates & user groups recognition changes

[edit]
You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear Wikimedia Affiliates,

Following up on the development of Wikimedia Foundation Affiliates Strategy, we would like to invite you to give feedback on requirements for affiliates & user groups recognition changes. You can find the details of the proposed changes in this message from Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees liaisons to the Affiliations Committee, as well as the ways to give your feedback.

We have also reached out to your contact persons via the emails provided.

Best regards,

Xeno (WMF) (talk) 14:40, 9 February 2024 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for letting us know, @Xeno (WMF). Warm regards, Kambai Akau (talk) 00:36, 1 March 2024 (UTC)Reply

Is there any manual on how to speak Tyap languge?

[edit]

I want to learn how to speak Atyap Daniel Zibom Duniya (talk) 15:11, 25 February 2024 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for your show of interest in learning the Tyap Language, @Daniel Zibom Duniya. Thus far, we have been able to develop a few materials like the Tyap phrasebook in Wikivoyage and a topic on Tyap in Wikibooks. Please begin from there, while you also utilize the search engines to search for Tyap related pages and materials online. N gwai (thank you) and warm regards, Kambai Akau (talk) 00:43, 1 March 2024 (UTC)Reply

The full draft of the Wikimedia Movement Charter will soon be shared

[edit]
You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hi there,

The Movement Charter Drafting Committee is happy to announce that the full draft of the Movement Charter will be published on April 2nd, 2024. This will kick off the community engagement period from April 2nd to April 22nd.

The Movement Charter is a proposed document to define roles and responsibilities for all the members and entities of the Wikimedia Movement, including to lay out a new Global Council for movement governance.

Everyone in the Wikimedia Movement is invited to share opinions on the full version of the Charter draft – this is the last chance to offer feedback before the Charter draft is updated for the ratification vote in June 2024.

How to share your feedback?

Read the Committee's latest updates for more information.

On behalf of the MCDC,

RamzyM (WMF) 13:58, 28 March 2024 (UTC)Reply

The full Movement Charter draft awaits your review on Meta

[edit]
You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hi everyone,

The full draft of the Movement Charter has been published on Meta for your review.

Why should you care?

The Charter is important as it will be an essential document for the implementation of the 2030 strategy recommendations. Participating in the Charter discussions means that you ensure that your voice is heard and your interests are represented in shaping the future of the Movement.

Community Engagement – April 2nd to April 30th, 2024

The Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) cordially invites everyone in the Wikimedia movement to share feedback on the full draft of the Movement Charter.

Let your voice be heard by sharing your feedback it in any language on the Movement Charter talk pages, attend a community drop-in session, or email movementcharter@wikimedia.org.

Please read the Committee's latest updates for more information.

Thank you.

On behalf of the MCDC,

RamzyM (WMF) 13:07, 3 April 2024 (UTC)Reply

Dear Tyap Wikimedians Organisation:

[edit]

Thank you very much for your proposal, describing your activities and projects in support of the Wikimedia projects and the Wikimedia movement. The Regional Funds Committee has initially reviewed the proposal, and wishes to offer some initial feedback and questions for your review.

The committee appreciates that this program focuses on increasing the Tyap language communities on Wikimedia projects. They particularly applaud the de-focusing of Wikipedia and focusing on visual and audio documentation, as well as on documenting the language in Wiktionary and Wikidata (Lexeme).

It would be supportive of the Committee’s understanding of your plans if you’d be so kind as to elaborate on our following specific few questions:

  • Wiki Audio Walk and Wiki Bootcamp program. The committee is curious to understand what are the expected outcomes from Wiki Audio Walk and Wiki Bootcamp programs.
  • Budget-related questions: After reviewing the budget, the committee had a couple of questions with regards to your budget for your elaboration:
    • Accommodation. The committee is curious to understand why there is frequent accomodation for six different activities?
    • According to the budget, the board members are paid staff as well. Are receive a salary as well as reimbursements?
    • Merchandise. The committee recommends that you reduce the amount of merchandise instead of it being prepared for each activity.
  • Clarification on roles. The committee would appreciate understanding the difference between the (Executive Director) role and the (Project manager) role. We reviewed your response last year, but it did not provide a clear and realistic answer, because these positions do not fit the volume of activities of a group applying for an annual grant for the first time.
  • Permanent office. May you elaborate on why there is a need for a permanent office this year, given so many of the activities involve travel and renting other venues, paying for access, etc.? The committee suggests that it may be more economical to pay ad hoc for space, printing, etc., rather than to rent, furnish, and equip a permanent office.
  • Community engagement and feedback. May you elaborate on how you included your community of volunteers in the planning of your proposal? And how do you plan on incorporating the community in the implementation and governance throughout the year?
  • Community health and inclusivity. The committee would like to learn more about what measures you are taking to maintain or improve community health, safety, and inclusivity?
  • The committee recommends to reduce the funding amount given that it is a 400% growth from the previous year.
  • Tyap Language Development Board. What has been the experience of working with the Tyap Language Development Board to support the past activities that you have completed?
  • Tyap Wikipedia. May you clarify if you are working on Tyap Wikipedia, and if so, what the readership has been like? This may inform the need for more or reduced investment.

Regarding the schedule for our review process, please complete your review and responses to committee feedback by the 1st of May 2024. After this time, the Regional Committee will begin a final review of the proposal to make a formal decision.

Thanks again for your work on the proposal and for supporting our review. On behalf of the Regional Committee, CapitainAfrika (talk) 13:27, 12 April 2024 (UTC)Reply

Thanks, @CapitainAfrika. I have submitted the replies on the proposal's discussion page already and have adjusted the main proposal on the Fluxx portal. Warm regards, Kambai Akau (talk) 22:39, 29 May 2024 (UTC)Reply

Affiliations Committee News (January-March 2024)

[edit]
Group photo of the 2023 EduWiki Conference in Belgrade, organized by Wikipedia & Education User Group

You can find this newsletter translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Quarterly newsletter sharing news and events about the work of Wikimedia's Affiliations Committee.

read this newsletter in fullsubscribe/unsubscribe

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:55, 18 April 2024 (UTC)Reply

Board of Trustees selection call for candidates

[edit]

Hello all,

The call for candidates for the 2024 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection is now open from May 8, 2024 - May 29, 2024 at 23:59 UTC. The Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's work, and each Trustee serves a three-year term. This is a volunteer position.

This year, the Wikimedia community will vote to fill four (4) seats on the Foundation Board in August 2024. You can see the timeline of the full selection process here.

Traits

Wikimedia is a global movement and seeks candidates from the broader community. Ideal candidates are thoughtful, respectful, community-oriented and align with the Wikimedia Foundation mission. Candidates should think about what experiences and perspectives they will bring to the Board.

The Board would like to find perspectives and voices that are essential but underrepresented in our movement. Accordingly, all candidates will be asked to include statements in their application that speak to their experiences in the world and in the movement and share how those experiences have equipped them to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Trustees commitment

Trustees serve a three year term and can serve up to three consecutive terms. The expectation is that Trustees serve on at least one of the Board’s committees. The time commitment is about 150 hours per year, excluding travel. This time is not evenly spread throughout the year. The time is concentrated around meetings.

Trustees requirements

English is the language of business for the Board. Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English. Previous experience serving on a collective decision-making body, especially Boards or committees, and significant experience in Wikimedia (or equivalent) movement building and organizing are expected from candidates.

Apply

Candidates from all projects and communities who meet the criteria to become a Wikimedia Trustee are welcome to apply. Could you - or someone you know - be a good fit to join the Wikimedia Foundation's Board of Trustees? Encourage them to run for election. Candidates can find information and submit their nomination on the candidate application page. If you want to learn more about the role of Trustees or have questions, refer to this candidate resources page.

Community questions for candidates

All community members, including affiliates, are invited to submit questions for the Board of Trustees candidates to answer. From the list of questions, the Election Committee selects 5 questions for candidates to answer, which the candidates are expected to answer. The selected questions may be a combination of what’s been submitted from the community, if they’re alike or related. Questions can be submitted between May 8 - June 12 at 23:59 UTC. Learn more about how to submit your questions on this Meta-wiki page.

Best regards,

The Elections Committee and Board Selection Working Group

MPossoupe_(WMF) 18:33, 8 May 2024 (UTC)Reply

Feedback invited on Procedure for Sibling Project Lifecycle

[edit]
You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear Wikimedia Affiliates,

The Community Affairs Committee (CAC) of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees invites you to give feedback on a draft Procedure for Sibling Project Lifecycle. Affiliates play important roles in the Movement, working with communities and external partners, and thus they bring valuable perspectives to the table. We warmly welcome you to the conversations. In addition, please share information about this with your affiliate membership, and any project communities your affiliate works with or supports. You can also help translate the procedure into more languages so that people can join the discussions in their language.

This draft Procedure outlines proposed steps and requirements for opening and closing Wikimedia Sibling Projects. It aims to ensure any newly approved projects are set up for success. This is separate from the procedures for opening or closing language versions of projects, which is handled by the Language Committee. It is also separate from the closing projects policy.

You can find the details of the proposal on this page, as well as the ways to give your feedback from today until the end of the day on June 23, 2024, anywhere on Earth.

We have also reached out to your contact persons via the emails provided.

On behalf of the CAC,

RamzyM (WMF) 16:08, 21 May 2024 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for the invite, @RamzyM (WMF). I'll do well to respond soon. Warm regards, Kambai Akau (talk) 22:43, 29 May 2024 (UTC)Reply


Atyapland WikiOutreach

[edit]

kcg

Sot Á̱nietnta̱m Wukimedia nTyap ji cat yei nyin nyi bai da̱ a̱vwuo a̱tung nji nang ji̱ ngyei "Atyapland WikiOutreach" a̱ni.

  • Jen: A̱t. A̱sb. (10:00 jt - 04:00 jk) ma̱ng A̱t. Lad. (01:00 jk - 04:00 jk)
  • A̱tuk: 15-16, 22-23, and 29-30 June 2024
  • A̱vwuo: (Ma̱ng a̱pyia̱) College of Agriculture, Nuhu Bamali Polytechnic, Mataga̱ma, Cenkwon, SA̱M Á̱nietcen A̱fakan, Si̱tet Ka̱duna, Naijeriya

Ma̱sa̱kut ri̱jitta a̱pyia̱ ang a shyia̱ nwuo ma̱ a̱tung ka di̱ wat Ta̱m hu ma̱ng a̱fwuop kani a̱ji!

Mameang, sa̱kut a sii du nhyat Google Form huni ku yet kap ta̱m ri̱jitta hu.

Da̱ nyap a ka khwi nzi̱t di̱ ngwat a̱myim nzi̱t na mi̱

- Telegram - Facebook ma̱ng - WhatsApp

...a shyia̱ kuzangka̱i nkhang nfai.


Zi‌ na fwuong bai nyin hu!


en

The Tyap Wikimedians User Group wishes to invite you to her program tagged "Atyapland WikiOutreach".

  • Time: Sat. (10:00 am - 04:00 pm) and Sun. (01:00 pm - 04:00 pm)
  • Date: 15-16, 22-23, and 29-30 June 2024
  • Venue: (In-person) College of Agriculture, Nuhu Bamali Polytechnic, Matagama, Chenkwon (Samaru Atyap), Zangon Kataf LGA, Kaduna State, Nigeria

Please register yourself for this event on the Project page for the event using here!

Also, please fill this Google Form as part of the registration process.

Kindly click and follow our social media handles on:

- Telegram - Facebook -WhatsApp ...to stay updated.

We shall be expecting you!

-- Kambai Akau (talk) 00:24, 5 June 2024 (UTC)Reply

The final text of the Wikimedia Movement Charter is now on Meta

[edit]
You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Hi everyone,

The final text of the Wikimedia Movement Charter is now up on Meta in more than 20 languages for your reading.

What is the Wikimedia Movement Charter?

The Wikimedia Movement Charter is a proposed document to define roles and responsibilities for all the members and entities of the Wikimedia movement, including the creation of a new body – the Global Council – for movement governance.

Join the Wikimedia Movement Charter “Launch Party”

Join the “Launch Party” on June 20, 2024 at 14.00-15.00 UTC (your local time). During this call, we will celebrate the release of the final Charter and present the content of the Charter. Join and learn about the Charter before casting your vote.

Movement Charter ratification vote

Voting will commence on SecurePoll on June 25, 2024 at 00:01 UTC and will conclude on July 9, 2024 at 23:59 UTC. You can read more about the voting process, eligibility criteria, and other details on Meta.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment on the Meta talk page or email the MCDC at mcdc@wikimedia.org.

On behalf of the MCDC,

RamzyM (WMF) 08:43, 11 June 2024 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Foundation Affiliates Strategy: Affiliate health criteria and changes to User Group recognition process

[edit]
This communication has been adapted from the original message.

Dear all,

We would like to thank all of you who shared feedback with us during this phase of the Wikimedia Foundation Affiliates Strategy process that started in November 2022, both on- and off-wiki. You can read the report from the first phase here.

Since that point, AffCom has been working with the Board of Trustees, Foundation staff, affiliates, and wider community members to enable them to provide appropriate guidance to affiliates regarding what it means to be an active and healthy Wikimedia organisation. As a result of those conversations, the committee has voted to adopt the following 10 criteria for affiliates, grouped into four main areas:

  • Goal delivery
  • Organisational Development
    • Good governance & communication
    • Financial & legal compliance
    • Affiliate health & resilience
  • Leadership & Inclusion
    • Diverse, skilled, and accountable leadership
    • Diversity balance (especially gender)
    • Universal Code of Conduct compliance)
  • Engagement & Collaboration
    • Internal (membership) engagement
    • Community connection
    • Partnerships & collaboration

You are encouraged to read more details about each of these criteria here, including guidance on how each can be met. All criteria will be tracked for all affiliates, except for the criteria around financial and legal compliance, which only apply to those affiliates receiving funds and/or that are incorporated.

Staff and AffCom are working on streamlining affiliate reporting requirements, and responding to feedback raised during the community feedback period about the reporting burden. The new requirements of data collected in reports would be useful also for different Foundation teams and departments, and allow for the creation of detailed regional or global reports that demonstrate affiliate health and impact.

In July 2024, AffCom will work to finalise the implementation plans for the changes to the affiliate requirements and application process. In August 2024, updates will be made to Meta-wiki and other supporting platforms.

You can follow the process here.

The insights from the 2023 process also included recognising a need to strengthen AffCom processes for evaluating potential User Groups’ furtherance of shared movement goals, sustainability, and general ability to be healthy and active movement participants. AffCom has adopted a revised process for User Group recognition, and will be pausing new User Group recognitions until September 2024.

No immediate changes are happening, except the pause of considering new User Group recognitions until September, for applications received after today, June 12, 2024. Once more detailed implementation plans are developed, there will be an update here and on the relevant Meta pages with the next steps after Wikimania.

To provide your feedback, please leave a comment on the main talk page on Meta.

Alternatively, you can join AffCom's open office hours on June 19 at 14:00 UTC or request a conversation as a part of Talking:2024. You can use the Let’s Talk to sign up for a time to speak with us.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,

Nat, Mike & Lorenzo

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Liaisons to the Affiliations Committee

Sunday June 23 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting (WMF BoT statement on Movement Charter ratification)

[edit]
A group of SWANs heading to the meeting

Hello everyone!

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas about current developments in the Wikimedia Movement. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for further Wikimedia 2030 strategy process work.

At this meeting we will focus on the recent statement by the WMF Board of Trustees liaisons statement on the Movement Charter in which the liaisons stated that they will be recommending the Board of Trustees not to ratify the final draft of the Movement Charter. The community and affiliate votes on the ratification are supposed to start on Tuesday, 25 June. This meeting offers a venue to discuss the situation and formulate the "next steps".

This month, we are meeting on Sunday, June 23, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

UTC meeting times are and

Nadzik (talk) 16:30, 22 June 2024 (UTC)Reply

Notification of upcoming reporting due date

[edit]

Greetings Kambai Akau, Kamb6ai Akau,

This is a notification to bring to your attention that your organization reporting date is coming up in 30 day(s). Wikimedia Affiliates are required to submit an annual activity report covering the entirety of the 12-month agreement period in order to prompt review for a renewal. Reports must be written in English, posted to meta via the Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal.

This page is used to track how organizations and groups are meeting reporting requirements described in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation (e.g. chapter agreements, thematic organization agreements, user group agreements). It is the central place where affiliates can add reports about their activities, share their plans, and even news or social media channels with the wider movement. When new reports are available, organizations and groups should add them to this page to keep their columns up to date.

As noted on the meta Reports page, your organization’s 2024 annual reporting will be due in 2024-08-07. Please be sure to:

  • Post your 2024 annual reporting to the meta via the Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal as soon as possible to return to compliance with your user group agreement.
  • Check that your group’s page is also up to date with past report links for historical record-keeping, and
  • Please send an email to Wikimedia-l in order to share with a movement-wide audience.

If you have any questions or need any further guidance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to wadportal(_AT_)wikimedia.org.

Best regards,

Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal

--User:DNdubane_(WMF) 13:58, 8 July 2024 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for the notification, Dear @DNdubane (WMF). We'll make a submission of our activities in the past 12 months as soon as possible before the due date. Thanks and warm regards, Kambai Akau (talk) 23:28, 14 July 2024 (UTC)Reply

Affiliations Committee News (April-June 2024)

[edit]
AffCom group photo at Wikimedia Summit 2024 in Berlin, Germany

You can find this newsletter translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Quarterly newsletter sharing news and events about the work of Wikimedia's Affiliations Committee.

read this newsletter in fullsubscribe/unsubscribe

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:20, 15 July 2024 (UTC)Reply

Sunday July 28 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting (Results of Movement Charter ratification)

[edit]
SWANs gathering for a conversation

Hello everyone!

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas about current developments in the Wikimedia Movement. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for further Wikimedia 2030 strategy process work.

At this meeting we will focus on the results of the Movement Charter ratification. We will also discuss the aftermath of the Board of Trustees' decision to veto the Movement Charter, including their recent proposals. We will also cover updates about upcoming Wikimania 2024.

This month, we are meeting on Sunday, July 28, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

UTC meeting times are and

Nadzik (talk) 19:55, 18 July 2024 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for the invite, @Nadzik. Warm regards, Kambai Akau (talk) 19:17, 20 July 2024 (UTC)Reply