Talk:WikiGap Pakistan Online Challenge
Please ask you questions regarding The Challenge here.
If you would like help in via chat, please use this address: firstname.lastname@example.org - Admin
Questions and Answers
Can improving a stub article with little information be counted as a new article? - Raheel
- No - A new article is one which you create. A stub article can be improved and you would get points for your additions (text, images, categories) but no points for new article as it is not a new article. Khilari&historian (talk) 12:11, 6 November 2020 (UTC)
Kindly add in the rules that there will be negative marking on adding "unnecessary categories" to the articles as I am not an expert to identify which category is unnecessary and which is not so that I can avoid negative marking. I did not know this rule and I lost points. I will be grateful if you add in the rules that in what ways negative marking will be carried out so I can avoid that. Thanks.--سیانف (talk) 16:44, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
- All work you do will be reviewed and if necessary additions or subtractions will be made to the points. You are claiming points and we are making sure those claims are substantiated. If not we will change them. It is nothing to do with negative marking rules. If you see the Sadia Khatri points you will notice that they have been increased after review. Regarding categories, you have to be sure that the category you add is the correct level - you added Category:Feminism_by_country which is not the correct one for an individual as it only contains subcategories on individual countries and not pages for individual women. Khilari&historian (talk) 09:58, 9 November 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for this detailed answer. It helped me to increase my understanding. I am trying my best to contribute to reduce the gender gap while learning and improving the quality of information on Wikipedia.--سیانف (talk) 12:32, 9 November 2020 (UTC)
- Is this challenge limited to english & urdu wiki or other wiki can participate? For example, I'm from Bengali wiki, can i participate? am i eligible for Prizes? My intention is to translate articles. --আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 21:45, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
Can you please guide me how to publish new articles actually I know how to work on draft but when I finished writing my article and clicked publish button it was considering as editing on exciting one... Now I've created new article with categories and everything on it but can't submit here because of this issue need your guidance urgently Hadiya A Jabbar (talk) 08:15, 12 November 2020 (UTC)
- Please send me an email: email@example.com so that I can help you. Khilari&historian (talk) 11:56, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
Hey! I am new, i want to add my name in the list of participants but can't do so as i do not know source editing. Please help me with that, how should i add my name with visual editing?