Talk:WikiGap Pakistan Online Challenge
issues with wikigap pakistan 2020 results
i want to highlight a few things regarding wikigap pakistan 2020 results. first of all, i respect the decision taken by jury and judges but as a regular participant of wikipedia challenges and a judge in “wiki loves south asian women”, i want to add my two cents.
user suneel malik with just 9 articles and 650 points stands at 3rd position and a user with 59 articles and 3372 points at position 5. kindly, explain the criteria for such positioning. i have alead of around 1000 points over hania tarik and 400 over sianf and 2700 over suneel malik in points.
as a data analyst, i have taken a whole day after to compile relevant data of participants and sharing it with you to analyze and compare with your data.
according to the ruleset for the competition, articles would be judged by adding bytes , references, new pages , categories, images and adding to projects to make wikipedia data more meaningful and rich for analysis.
10+ articles of mine have more than 50 references including 5 articles with 78+ articles. i have 5articles securing around 150 points. 3 of my articles are not reviewed correctly otherwise i have one article that touched 200 points as well. i have covered the longest and lengthiest articles in the competition (5 articles with 40k plus bytes).
i would like to request to review my articles and points before finalizing the results. i am ready to provide more data and stats to support my claim. umeedawan
Results are fradulent and palpably suspicious. I wasted my time by creating more than 70 articles while a guy with only 9 articles was given 3rd position. Wiki organizers must look into such bogus projects.محمد افضل (talk) 16:11, 29 December 2020 (UTC)
Please ask you questions regarding The Challenge here.
If you would like help in via chat, please use this address: email@example.com - Admin
Questions and Answers
Can improving a stub article with little information be counted as a new article? - Raheel
- No - A new article is one which you create. A stub article can be improved and you would get points for your additions (text, images, categories) but no points for new article as it is not a new article. Khilari&historian (talk) 12:11, 6 November 2020 (UTC)
Kindly add in the rules that there will be negative marking on adding "unnecessary categories" to the articles as I am not an expert to identify which category is unnecessary and which is not so that I can avoid negative marking. I did not know this rule and I lost points. I will be grateful if you add in the rules that in what ways negative marking will be carried out so I can avoid that. Thanks.--سیانف (talk) 16:44, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
- All work you do will be reviewed and if necessary additions or subtractions will be made to the points. You are claiming points and we are making sure those claims are substantiated. If not we will change them. It is nothing to do with negative marking rules. If you see the Sadia Khatri points you will notice that they have been increased after review. Regarding categories, you have to be sure that the category you add is the correct level - you added Category:Feminism_by_country which is not the correct one for an individual as it only contains subcategories on individual countries and not pages for individual women. Khilari&historian (talk) 09:58, 9 November 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for this detailed answer. It helped me to increase my understanding. I am trying my best to contribute to reduce the gender gap while learning and improving the quality of information on Wikipedia.--سیانف (talk) 12:32, 9 November 2020 (UTC)
- Is this challenge limited to english & urdu wiki or other wiki can participate? For example, I'm from Bengali wiki, can i participate? am i eligible for Prizes? My intention is to translate articles. --আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 21:45, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
Can you please guide me how to publish new articles actually I know how to work on draft but when I finished writing my article and clicked publish button it was considering as editing on exciting one... Now I've created new article with categories and everything on it but can't submit here because of this issue need your guidance urgently Hadiya A Jabbar (talk) 08:15, 12 November 2020 (UTC)
- Please send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can help you. Khilari&historian (talk) 11:56, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
Help please reply Tabinda Bilal (talk) 18:14, 21 November 2020 (UTC) Hasan Okarvi Help and check that My user name and article were showed and included on Dashboard with my One time Click at that time whenwhen registered on Dashboard or again and again clicking to add article on dashboard also.(talk)
Hey! I am new, i want to add my name in the list of participants but can't do so as i do not know source editing. Please help me with that, how should i add my name with visual editing? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Hoorain.r1 (talk) 04:16, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
Biased and Favored Results in Wikigap Pakistan 2020
Results of Wikigap Pakistan 2020 are biased and tainted to support participants writing in English(fully or partially). It seems that Jury is still under Colonial mindset and they look down upon Urdu as a language. It's quite obvious from results that point system was just an eyewash and Jury has already decided to award positions to their favorite Participants who must have written in English. Point system is totally ignored to award positions to favorite candidates. Mohibalvi (talk) 12:58, 23 January 2021 (UTC)