Talk:Wiki Project Med
- Please add new topics to the bottom of this page. Note: this is not the place to suggest changes to Wikipedia itself. If you have concerns or questions regarding medical content please post them on the talk page of the WikiProject Medicine in the appropriate language. English is here
- 1 Voting for the 2019 elections is open & Annual Meeting
- 2 Update on the Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process
- 3 Update about the Affiliate-selected Board seats process 2019
- 4 WikiMania
- 5 Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process: your representative
- 6 Top viewed medical articles by language (with totals) for 2018
- 7 A proposal for WikiJournals to become a new sister project
- 8 Introducing Wikimedia Space: A platform for movement news and organizations
Voting for the 2019 elections is open & Annual Meeting
Dear WikiMed Enthusiasts,
We are happy to announce that voting is now open for 5 seats on the WikiProject Medicine User Group!
Who's eligible to vote?
Only members that registered before Feb 1st are eligible to vote in this round of election. Members who registered after Feb 1st will only be able to vote in the next election phase (the details of are available on the 2019 election page linked above).
How do I vote?
You can vote by adding your support under the relevant candidate's nomination. We will be selecting 5 board members and you are welcome to vote for as many candidates as you wish to support, once per candidate.
What's the deadline for voting?
Voting will remain open till March 24th, so please participate and vote!
When will we have results?
Votes will be checked on March 25th and an announcement of the new board composition will be made on March 26th.
What about an Annual Meeting?
We will hold an annual meeting opened to all members on March 25th, between 1900-2000 UTC, as required by our bylaws.The new board will be meeting and hour earlier (between 1800-1900 UTC), to elect its chairperson and other roles. At 1900 UTC our annual meeting will commence.
What's on the agenda for the Annual Meeting?
The meeting will be dedicated to introducing the new board, discussing the annual plan, while leaving some time for open questions / requests / comments.
What if I can't make it the online Annual Meeting?
While we will be happy to meet as many members as possible in the open meeting, we realize that due to the international nature of this group it might not be possible for some members. Voting in the election process in the coming 2 weeks (by adding your support to your favorite candidates) will also count as participating in the annual meeting, so please participate and vote! We will also be send the minutes from the meeting so you will be able to follow up on the news online via our various communication channels.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Good luck to all nominees! :) Shani Evenstein. 22:07, 10 March 2019 (UTC)
Update on the Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process
The Election Facilitators met on Friday, April 5. We finalized the resolution, which is now frozen. The Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation will be asked to approve the resolution.
We have made two small changes to be more inclusive. We extended the date for compliance with AffCom reporting and being in good standing to May 7 to allow time for as many Affiliates as possible to be current with these requirements. The Election Facilitators adjusted the language in case a quorum is not met during the election.
On the talk page of the resolution one issue was raised. The issue looks like to be about a possible candidate. Affiliates will have ample time to discuss the merits of candidates during nomination time, screening time, and they can cast their votes on candidates. The Election Facilitators didn't see the necessity for this change, and left the resolution on this point unchanged.
The Election Facilitators will be Abhinav Srivastava, Lane Rasberry, Jeffrey Keefer, Ad Huikeshoven, Neal McBurnett and Alessandro Marchetti. We will welcome more volunteers to assist us in this process, to reach out to the diversity in language and gender in our communities, and do so in an advisory role.
The nomination period opens on April 15. We are going to prepare nomination pages on Meta. You can expect a call for nominations. There is a draft call, including a candidates' profile section with non-binding guidelines about experience and characteristics for nominees. You are welcome to add your insights, or discuss on the talk page.
Erica Litrenta (WMF staff) supports us in this process. She will reach out to all affiliates through mail and other channels to make sure we are up to date with (user)name and contact details of your primary contact.
On behalf of the Election Facilitators, Ad Huikeshoven 10:52, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
- As one of the Election Facilitators in the ASBS process this year, I will recuse myself from discussing nominees or anything specific with our user group's voting in this election.
- However, as a member of this user group, I do want to ensure that we have these discussions.
- To this point, I request that those who are our user group representatives to AffComm begin the discussion about how this will happen and how our user group membership will discuss this. Our User Group representatives should have already received emails about this process and notice about an informal Telegram group where User Group representatives are gathering to discuss how this may be done, as this will be a new experience for all of us. Thank you. --- FULBERT (talk) 13:17, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks, FULBERT. This is on our agenda for the coming board meeting. :) Best, Shani Evenstein. 16:49, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
Update about the Affiliate-selected Board seats process 2019
- The Resolution has been approved by the Board of Trustees;
- Nominations phase is now open, from April 15 00:00 UTC to April 30 23:59 UTC. See the Call for Candidates and Nominations pages;
- Community members may ask questions of the candidates;
- Your main representative has just received an email to confirm that they are indeed the primary contact and will perform official actions on behalf of your group (such as endorsing candidates and then voting). Some groups also need to verify their eligibility status in due time, as explained in the email;
- New content is available to spread awareness around the process - the infographic on this page has clickable links and can be translated, and a primer is available, that we hope will be particularly helpful to those new to such a process;
- Finally, you are welcome to help with translations! Pick one page from the ASBS category and, in the next couple of weeks, please consider translating profiles of the candidates in particular.
Thanks for your attention! The Facilitators for ASBS 2019, 07:33, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
A few of us from Wiki Project Med are working to put on a space at Wikimania for Health related talks. We are drafting this HERE. Please suggest ideas and indicate if you are able to attend. Best Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 02:08, 16 April 2019 (UTC)
Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process: your representative
Hello. The name of the only person who will vote on behalf of this group to select the next two Board members is now at m:Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Eligible entities. Please contact me directly as soon as possible if you need any kind of corrections there. There's only a few hours left to endorse candidates, and only the official voter can do that. I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can make a difference with the necessary translations.
Appreciate your attention and your support so far! Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 12:15, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
Top viewed medical articles by language (with totals) for 2018
A proposal for WikiJournals to become a new sister project
Over the last few years, the WikiJournal User Group has been building and testing a set of peer reviewed academic journals on a mediawiki platform. The main types of articles are:
- Existing Wikipedia articles submitted for external review and feedback (example)
- From-scratch articles that, after review, are imported to Wikipedia (example)
- Original research articles that are not imported to Wikipedia (example)
Proposal: WikiJournals as a new sister project
From a Wikipedian point of view, this is a complementary system to Featured article review, but bridging the gap with external experts, implementing established scholarly practices, and generating citable, doi-linked publications.
Introducing Wikimedia Space: A platform for movement news and organizations
Hi Wiki Project Med,
I’m writing to let you know that the Community Engagement department at the Wikimedia Foundation is launching a new platform, Wikimedia Space. Here, you will find stories for and by contributors to the Wikimedia movement, and a space for discussions of different topics.
We know that finding information about Wikimedia activities and processes is very complicated, which makes the learning curve to enter our movement and be successful afterwards, really steep. By centralizing community stories and conversations in one shared space, we believe we are facilitating access and discoverability of topics across the movement, improving, in turn, connections among Wikimedians.
As an affiliated organization to the Wikimedia Foundation, we hope that you can share this platform with your local community, and we count on you to encourage them to add their voices. If you’d like to contribute stories, and overall, participate in the discussion section, please read our blogging guidelines and our code of conduct and join the conversation. Find more information about the project on its page on Meta.
Looking forward to seeing you at Wikimedia Space,
María Cruz, Communications and Outreach Manager, Wikimedia Foundation.
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:53, 25 June 2019 (UTC)