Jump to navigation Jump to search
Comment here everyone!!! It's fun!
Issues about this proposed sister project
I Oppose this proposal because the following reasons:
- Some of the proposed contents are not about an educational, informational or about certain type of knowledge goal.
- There is certain (if not almost completely) overlap with existing sister projects:
- "This project will get all the entertaining sources. It will report news about whats happening now with this entertainment source subject. It will keep information about award shows. TV shows, Cartoons."... "The overview of this project is to give useful daily information about entertainment sources (Movies,Actors,Celebrities,Music,TV etc)" — this is theoretically covered by Wikinews. If there is not news about celebrities and entertainment world (which by the way, the way is thought is western-centric), it is because there are not wikimedians who are writing this kind of news, in other words, lack of users. If you are interested in report about entertainment world, then you can try to write a news article.
- Overlap with Wikipedia's encyclopedic information.
- "For example, take music and a song ,This site will have the song's lyric and the notes to play it on different objects" — this would be a problem, because you cannot broadcast or host non-free/copyrighted media unless your hypothetical wiki adopts a Exemption Doctrine Policy to allow non-free media due to a fair-use rationale. And most wikimedians strongly disagree and rejects non-free media (unlike English Wikipedians, which seems to love it because
enwikihosts a lot of copyrighted content), and therefore would not support this proposal.
- I am not willing to support a proposal with an anglocentric name. Why are proposed projects' names always in English?
Just one problem with the "issue"
You shouldn't say "English names" are an "issue".