The subpages of this page are of extreme interest but this page is basically uncategorized and orphan and I'm not aware of any "advertisement" of the new subpages; how are individual "essays"/research questions postings notified to interested parties so that they know of it? Thanks, Nemo 07:59, 1 September 2012 (UTC)
- Hello Nemo, I am glad you are interested! I try to keep these notes in Category:Legal notes, and I post a link in discussions that requested the note (often on Commons). I had some of the notes announced in the Signpost, and occasionally links are shared elsewhere. Any help de-orphaning or otherwise improving would be appreciated. Stephen LaPorte (WMF) (talk) 00:59, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
How can one ask a "research question"? Thanks, Nemo 07:59, 1 September 2012 (UTC)
- Questions may be sent to liaisonwikimedia.org. Stephen LaPorte (WMF) (talk) 00:59, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
Must we forbid paid editing?
I'd like the legal team to address this. Discussion: Does (somewhat explicitly) permitting and hosting paid promotional content that doesn't meet legal disclosure requirements create significant legal exposure? It seems obvious to me that paid editing generally constitutes an endorsement of a kind that cannot be made legally per US and other laws (unless we start letting paid editors add disclosures in article space, which we surely don't want to do!) Do we need en:Wikipedia:Paid editing (policy) imposed by the WMF, or adopted via Village Pump notice or RfC process? --Elvey (talk) 22:39, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
Which state's law covers our servers?
With the server move to Virginia, but some servers still in Florida, which state law applies? I am asking per Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not which now states only Virgina and US law apply. (should we even make this claim there?) Thanks, --Dkriegls (talk) 01:33, 26 September 2013 (UTC)
Mahitgar needs legal reassurances on the applicability of Creative Commons licenses in India. --Nemo 15:46, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Nemo. I don't know if any lawyers are watching this page in particular, but I'll alert them. Thanks. --Maggie Dennis (WMF) (talk) 16:08, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, My fingures are crossed and would be waiting for the kind information.
- Warm Regards -- Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 02:20, 14 May 2015 (UTC)