- 1 Betreiber
- 2 Legal FAQ
- 3 about trademark agreement
- 4 Personal
- 5 Häufige Fragen zum Verein
- 6 Bitte lasst in Zukinft diese Scheiss-Banner weg!
- 7 Markenschutzrecht
- 8 Wikimedia LGBT
- 9 Request for comments on Wikimedia user group logos
- 10 Affiliations Committee call for candidates - September 2014
- 11 Nominations are being accepted for 2015 Wikimedia Foundation elections
- 12 Requests for comments on Wikimedia user groups approval process and agreements
- 13 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections 2015
- 14 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections 2015
- 15 Introducing the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list
- 16 Your input requested on the proposed #FreeBassel banner campaign
- 17 2015 Affiliations Committee call for candidates
Sehe ich das richtig, dass
Wikimedia Foundation Inc. 204 37th Ave N, #330 St. Petersburg, FL 33704, USA E-Mail: jwales @ wikia . com Telefon: +1(310)474-3223
der offizielle Betreiber auch der deutschen Inhalte ist und in dem Moment, wo jemand es politisch wollte, Wikipedia in USA dichtzumachen auch der deutschsprachige Content weg wäre, weil er nicht international gespiegelt ist?
- Jeder kann den Inhalt http://download.wikipedia.org herunterladen, um möglichen Verlusten zuvorzukommen.
Sehe ich es richtig, dass aussagen die jemand macht er immer in den USA macht und sie demnach nach US-amerikanischem Recht und nicht nach bundesdeutschem Recht zu bewärten wären?
- Ob diese Rechtsauffasungvor einem Deutschen Gericht bestand hätte, wage ich zu bezweifeln. Dass die Server in den USA stehen sehe ich aber zur Zeit als Vorteil, da eine Belangung in Deutschland schwieriger ist. -- Nichtich 09:46, 28 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Danke für die Antworten. (Diese Anfrage kannn von jedem Admin überall hin verschoben werden, wo es ggf. besser aufgehoben ist) Gruß --188.8.131.52 07:47, 28 Oct 2004 (UTC)Enrico
Wie ist denn der aktuelle Stand mit zur Anerkennung des Vereins "Wikimedia Deutschland" als gemeinnütziger Verein? (frage natürlich wegen Spenden absetzen....) Gruß
- der Verein hat die vorläufige Anerkennung als gemeinnützig, d.h. wir können jetzt Spendenquittungen ausstellen. --Elian
- Siehe auch http://www.wikimedia.de/spenden.html -- Arne (akl) 21:19, 8 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Entschuldigen Sie mich, aber mein Deutsch ist nicht gut. Folglich spreche ich Englisch.
In the Wikimedia Quarto, I read the following: "To resolve some repeatedly asked questions about the impact of copyright laws and the GNU FDL on Wikipedia, Wikmedia Deutschland has ordered a legal FAQ for the German Wikipedia from a German lawyer who specializes in Open Source and Open Content license issues." I am very interested in this. Has this been done? Is there any way I could get an English translation of it? Please reply on my English talk page: w:en:User talk:Quadell. Vielen Dank! -- Quadell
- The FAQ can be found here Rechtsfragen März 2005 (in German. But the text is GFDL, so everybody is welcome to translate it). -- Arne (akl) 22:37, 21 Mar 2005 (UTC)
about trademark agreement
Hi! We are discussing about setting up a Wikimedia's group in Taiwan. In Local chapter FAQ, it says that "A trademark agreement might be signed between each chapter and the Foundation to allow them to use of the name and logos."
I have some question about it, so I come here to look for help. May you tell me where should we ask for such a agreement? And, should we apply in our government first or make this agreement first?
Please pardon me that I write in English. Thank you very much!--Mingwangx 03:23, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
Wäre schön, wenn man irgendwo den Vorstand und die Beisitzer namentlich finden könnte. Sollte ja kein Geheimnis sein, aber ich kann es weder hier noch auf anderen Seiten finden. Marcus Cyron 13:10, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
- So besser? --Frank Schulenburg 17:45, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
Häufige Fragen zum Verein
Der Link "Häufige Fragen zum Verein" funktioniert nicht. es kommt die Fehlermeldung: Error! The requested page does not exist! Sven Wolter 14:00, 24 October 2009 (UTC)
- Hallo Sven Wolter, danke für den Hinweis. Ich habe den Link zunächst entfernt. --Lyzzy 15:49, 24 October 2009 (UTC)
Bitte lasst in Zukinft diese Scheiss-Banner weg!
Bitte lasst in Zukunft diese Scheiss-Banner weg, wie z.B. das "233.813 mal Danke!" oder gestaltet sie wenigstens so, dass sie weniger Platz einnehmen. Ich benutze einen Browser (konqueror 4.3.5), bei dem ich den Text nicht einklappen kann und die volle Länge des Dankeswortes von Pavel Richter am Seitenanfang macht mir derzeit ein vernünftiges Arbeiten mit Wikipedia völlig unmöglich --184.108.40.206 11:15, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
Es wird angefragt, ob es dem Unternehmen sevenval.com gestattet ist den Namen Wikipedia als Bestandteil der firmeneigenen Domain zu verwenden, da Wikipedia eine eingetragene Marke der Wikimedia Foundation Inc. ist, oder ob hier eine Verletzung des Markenschutzrechtes vorliegt. MfG., --220.127.116.11 13:14, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
- Dies scheint eine wenig beachtete und gepflegte Diskussionsseite zu sein. Oder es besteht eventuell schlicht kein Interesse an der Aufklärung und Ahndung einer möglichen Markenschutzrechtverletzung. Ratlos und mit freundlichen Grüßen, --18.104.22.168 21:34, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Die Antwort auf diese Frage ist mir nicht bekannt, aber meine Kollegen bei der Rechtsabteilung der Wikimedia Foundation sind generall an Hinweisen auf potentielle Markenrechtsverletzungen interessiert - analog wie auf de:Wikipedia:Weiternutzung/Mängel/Logo beschrieben, kann man diese (vorzugsweise wenngleich nicht notwendigerweise auf Englisch) an legal-tm-viowikimedia.org schicken. Grüße, Tbayer (WMF) (talk) 01:31, 9 May 2013 (UTC)
|Wikimedia LGBT is a proposed thematic organization that seeks to promote the development of content on Wikimedia projects which is of interest to LGBT communities. Proposed activities include outreach at LGBT events, Wikimania and other Wikimedia events, an international campaign called Wiki Loves Pride, and work on safe space policies, among other collaborations and interwiki projects. Active Wikimedians are welcome to join this cause! Please consider adding your name as a participant/supporter. Current tasks include translating pages, building a strong framework here at Meta, and achieving user group status (with the eventual goal of becoming a thematic organization). Your feedback is welcome on the discussion page.|
- You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride (Wiki Loves Pride 2014 at English Wikipedia), a global campaign to create and improve LGBT-related content throughout the month of June, culminating with a multinational edit-a-thon on June 21. There are many ways to help, including translating the Wiki Loves Pride at Meta (or Wikipedia), hosting an LGBT edit-a-thon, uploading media files related to LGBT culture and history, or supporting an LGBT initiative at any Wikimedia project. Thank you for your consideration, and please let me know if you have any questions. --Another Believer (talk) 21:22, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
The Affiliations Committee is requesting comments on proposed best practices for Wikimedia user group logos. The committee will seek community input until Saturday, May 24, 2014. After considering the community's input, the Affiliations Committee will publish on Meta-Wiki guidelines for Wikimedia user group logos.
There is already a standard format used by chapters, and that format is being applied to thematic organizations as well. Chapters and thematic organizations have also worked with Wikimedia Foundation legal in the past on custom logos. Wikimedia user groups may also create custom logos, and the new trademark policy allows for logos to be based off the community or Wikimedia Foundation logos. However, there remains a question of the best practice for standard user group logos.
Please make any comments or ask any questions on Meta-Wiki at Affiliations Committee/RFCs/Wikimedia user group logos.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee
The Affiliations Committee is looking for new members. The committee's work requires communication with volunteers all over the World, negotiating skills and cultural sensitivity and the ability to understand legal texts. We try to get a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members.
Members are usually selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms. The applications will be voted on by the current members not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisers, WMF staff and board liaisons based on the membership criteria. A final decision will be made by the end of October 2014, with new members expected to join on or around 1 November 2014.
Please read the full call for candidates for more information, membership criteria, and details on how to apply.
Chair, Affiliations Committee
I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections. This year the Board and the FDC Staff are looking for a diverse set of candidates from regions and projects that are traditionally under-represented on the board and in the movement as well as candidates with experience in technology, product or finance. To this end they have published letters describing what they think is needed and, recognizing that those who know the community the best are the community themselves, the election committee is accepting nominations for community members you think should run and will reach out to those nominated to provide them with information about the job and the election process.
This year, elections are being held for the following roles:
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long term sustainability of the Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. There are three positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the board elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) Ombud
The FDC Ombud receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC Ombudsperson elections page.
The candidacy submission phase lasts from 00:00 UTC April 20 to 23:59 UTC May 5 for the Board and from 00:00 UTCApril 20 to 23:59 UTC April 30 for the FDC and FDC Ombudsperson. This year, we are accepting both self-nominations and nominations of others. More information on this election and the nomination process can be found on the 2015 Wikimedia elections page on Meta-Wiki.
Please feel free to post a note about the election on your project's village pump. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the talk page on Meta, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-elections -at- wikimedia.org
Wikimedia user groups are groups of Wikimedia users who support and promote the Wikimedia projects in the offline world by organizing meetups and other projects. The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee's responsibilities include approval of new Wikimedia user groups.
The committee will seek community input until Friday, May 1, 2015. The committee will then review the community's input, and publish the new process and agreements on Meta-Wiki. The committee will again seek community input approximately six months after any changes are adopted to gauge effectiveness and if any additional changes are necessary.
Please see the RFC page on Meta-Wiki for more information and to provide feedback.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee
Voting has begun for eligible voters in the 2015 elections for the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) and FDC Ombudsperson. Questions and discussion with the candidates for the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) and FDC Ombudsperson will continue during the voting. Nominations for the Board of Trustees will be accepted until 23:59 UTC May 5.
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions on the committee being filled.
The FDC Ombudsperson receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled.
The voting phase lasts from 00:00 UTC May 3 to 23:59 UTC May 10. Click here to vote. Questions and discussion with the candidates will continue during that time. Click here to ask the FDC candidates a question. Click here to ask the FDC Ombudsperson candidates a question. More information on the candidates and the elections can be found on the 2015 FDC election page, the 2015 FDC Ombudsperson election page, and the 2015 Board election page on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is the ultimate governing authority of the Wikimedia Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered in the United States. The Wikimedia Foundation manages many diverse projects such as Wikipedia and Commons.
The Wikimedia Affiliations Committee is pleased to introduce the launch of the Wikimedia Affiliates mailing list, which is basically a place for all the affiliates (chapters, thematic organizations, user groups) to discuss issues related to affiliates, make announcements to other affiliates, and collaborate on activities and community-wide events. The idea is to help facilitate the dialogue affiliates across our movement, plus collaborative discussions like community-wide activities, joint edit-a-thons, regional conferences, blog/report posts, or other communications from affiliates.
Each Wikimedia movement affiliate is allocated three spots on the mailing list. All affiliates may contact the Affiliations Committee to request additional spots if needed.
Thank you - Wikimedia Affiliations Committee
This is to inform all Wikimedia contributors that a straw poll seeking your involvement has just been started on Meta-Wiki.
As some of your might be aware, a small group of Wikimedia volunteers have proposed a banner campaign informing Wikipedia readers about the urgent situation of our fellow Wikipedian, open source software developer and Creative Commons activist, Bassel Khartabil. An exemplary banner and an explanatory page have now been prepared, and translated into about half a dozen languages by volunteer translators.
We are seeking your involvement to decide if the global Wikimedia community approves starting a banner campaign asking Wikipedia readers to call on the Syrian government to release Bassel from prison. We understand that a campaign like this would be unprecedented in Wikipedia's history, which is why we're seeking the widest possible consensus among the community.
Given Bassel's urgent situation and the resulting tight schedule, we ask everyone to get involved with the poll and the discussion to the widest possible extent, and to promote it among your communities as soon as possible.
(Apologies for writing in English; please kindly translate this message into your own language.)
Thank you for your participation!
The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!
The main role of the Affiliations Committee is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and advise the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.
The committee consists of twelve members, six of whom are selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms.
- Key skills
Being a part of the Affiliations Committee requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We try to get a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members. The key skills and experience that we look for in candidates are:
- Excitement by the challenge of helping to empower groups of volunteers worldwide.
- Willingness to process applications through a set, perhaps bureaucratic process.
- Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliations, and similar questions.
- Availability of up to 5 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly ~2 hour voice/video meeting.
- International orientation.
- Very good communication skills in English.
- Ability to work and communicate with other languages and cultures.
- Strong understanding of the structure and work of affiliates and the WMF.
- Knowledge of different legal systems and experience in community building and organising are a plus.
- Effective communication skills in other languages are a major plus.
- Experience with or in an active affiliate is a major plus.
- Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
We are looking for people who are not afraid of the workload and are motivated by helping other volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world.
- Selection process
As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2015 member selection process will include a public review and comment period. All applications received by the committee will be posted on Meta (at Affiliations Committee/Candidates/2015), and the community will be invited to provide comments and feedback about each candidate.
At the end of the public comment period, the applications will be voted on by the members of the committee who are not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisors, WMF staff and board liaisons, and the community. A final decision will be made by mid-January 2016, with new members expected to join later that month.
- How to apply
If you are interested in joining the committee, please send an application to email@example.com by 31 December 2015. You will get a confirmation that your application was received.
Your application should include the following:
- Your full name
- Your contact information (including e-mail address and username)
- A statement describing your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for joining the committee.
Your statement will be published for community review and feedback, so please do not include any information that you are not comfortable sharing.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to chat or have a phone call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!
Chair, Affiliations Committee