- Done. Emailed our current host address. Thanks Aradhana. -- Sundar 03:12, 25 September 2010 (UTC)
- I noticed you have on your task list to invite editors to the list-serve. While not a particularly active editor, I have put in a subscription request. I am the Chief Program Officer at the Wikimedia Foundation and I'm especially interested in how I might be able to be a resource for your group and what I can learn from you. Please don't hesitate to refer me to a more appropriate discussion space if you prefer not to have Foundation staff on your mailing list. Thanks! Jennifer Riggs 17:59, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- According to princelystates.com, Internet Indian History Sourcebook, produced at Fordham University, are collections of public domain and copy-permitted historical texts presented cleanly (without advertising or excessive layout) for educational use (http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/), hmm so is it PD or for educational use only?
- Does this project cover only Indian (as in Hindustan) languages or the languages of India (as in Akhanda Bharat/Jambudweep/SAARC region/South Asia)? I think it would be better if it covered the whole of South Asia as the languages, fonts and cultural aspects of languages are similar in the region. --Eukesh 07:18, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
- I agree too that a South Asian coordonation based on the cultural similarities would be more meaningful. Desiphral 15:22, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
Requesting help in designing a barnstar
All Indian Languages using wikipedians,
Further promotion of Indic language wikipedias needs mass media publicity like Print,Radio,telvision , aproaching in academic Institutions.
Also if possible a level of field support from network engineers in India for presentation and training in usage of Indian Languages and wikipedia can be a added boon.
May I call on all indic language wikipedia users,to put our hands together to design special barnstars or suggest one which can be awarded to all those who will support our noble cause with actual field support among Indian education institutions and Indian mass media or actual field 'network'help to users.
I belive we should award barnstars to such users who can support the cause through online publicity like blogs , groups etc. also.
Please do share any good development in this regards to all indic language wikipedias at विकिपिडिया: देवनागरी टेम्प्लेट परियोजना
Trust vs. Society
Hello. I just came to know about the plan to start a Wikipedia India chapter. I am a last year law student in Pune and would be glad to be of any assistance. --Nilotpal42 14:15, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
-- Hi Nilotpal42, sorry about the delayed response - would it be possible to give the current version of the MoA and Rules a once-over to make sure we haven't made any glaring errors of language, logic or law please? It is here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/MoA-ChapComVer - Gautam John 05:43, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- Gautam, you have linked last month's draft MoA. The latest draft MoA has been uploaded today on Met and is available at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/MoA-PostChapComVer. --Gurubrahma 06:30, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- I think you should specify who is to prescribe the format for application format. "Prescribed format" sounds too ambiguous to me.--Nilotpal42 16:13, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
Monetary Contribution in Indian Rupee
Want to know why I can't yet contribute in Indian Rupee.
Though there are a lot of India specific pages on Wikimedia India page, I could not find country portal for India on Wikimedia. Ab 18 11:22, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
The Official channel link for Youtube is apparently not active.
Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in India
The Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in India will start soon on Commons. I would hence request the chapter to take a look at the competition and declare their involvement in it. Note: Involvement of the chapter, not the volunteers. I am sure the volunteers would participate in various ways. But at many times i see lack of the Chapter's participation in such events. Hence this note here. Dharmadhyaksha (talk) 04:34, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
Wow Konkani Wikipedia in Goa
It seems like a major collaboration with a University in Goa is beginning! See Times of India. Is anyone in the chapter participating in this effort? Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:10, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
|Wikimedia LGBT is a proposed thematic organization that seeks to promote the development of content on Wikimedia projects which is of interest to LGBT communities. Proposed activities include outreach at LGBT events, Wikimania and other Wikimedia events, an international campaign called Wiki Loves Pride, and work on safe space policies, among other collaborations and interwiki projects. Active Wikimedians are welcome to join this cause! Please consider adding your name as a participant/supporter. Current tasks include translating pages, building a strong framework here at Meta, and achieving user group status (with the eventual goal of becoming a thematic organization). Your feedback is welcome on the discussion page.|