This is the latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations can be found here.
- A temporary solution helped wikis make their main pages in mobile version more user-friendly. This was in 2012. It is not recommended since 2017. The mobile main page special casing stopped working 14 July. There are 60 wikis whose main pages which don't work well on mobile. You can see which are they, how to solve it and how to get help in Phabricator. This problem was also reported in 2020/24 and 2020/26 tech news issues.
- There is a problem with interlanguage links. These are the links that help you find a specific page in a different language. Their sorting is broken. The developers are working to solve this. 
- Some users are getting the notifications for the same event. Some of these are old events. 
- Some users have problem when logging in. This may be a browser cookie problem. The developers are working on understanding the problem. If you have any problems while logging in you can see the details on Phabricator. 
Changes in this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be available on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 21 July. It will be available on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 22 July. It will be available on all wikis from 23 July (calendar).
- There is a link named
Printable version. This will disappear. That is because today's web browsers can create a printable version or show how it will look when printing. 
Tech news written by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.