Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- All queries to the Wikidata Query Service failed between 17:50 and 17:59 UTC on Thursday 23 July. Some queries failed during a longer period. 
- Interlanguage links were ordered incorrectly for the past few weeks. This problem was also mentioned in Tech News two weeks ago. The problem is now fixed. 
- There is a problem with the global preferences for the "Use Legacy Vector" option. Developers are working on fixing it. 
- A bug in the Wikibase extension had disabled the "move" and "create" types of protection in the main (Gallery) namespace on Wikimedia Commons. New protections could not be added, and existing protections were not enforced, allowing some page moves and page creations that should not have been possible. This has now been fixed. 
ꯃꯁꯤꯒꯤ ꯆꯥꯌꯣꯜꯁꯤꯒꯤ ꯃꯇꯨꯡꯗ ꯂꯥꯛꯄ ꯑꯍꯣꯡꯕꯁꯤꯡ
- The video player will change to be simpler and more modern. This week, the current beta feature will become the video player for everyone on most non-Wikipedia wikis. The old player will be removed. 
global.css pages will now also be loaded on the mobile site. You can read documentation for how to avoid applying styles to the mobile skin. 
- In the MonoBook skin, the
searchGoButton identifier is now
searchButton. This may affect CSS and JS gadgets. Migration instructions can be found in T255953. This was previously mentioned in issue 27.
- Bot operators can use Pywikibot to regularly archive discussions. The behavior when the bot uses
counter to prevent large archives was changed. 
- ꯃꯦꯗꯤꯌꯥꯋꯤꯀꯤ ꯒꯤ ꯑꯅꯧꯕ ꯕꯔꯖꯟ ꯁꯤ ꯋꯤꯀꯤ ꯆꯥꯡꯌꯦꯡ ꯑꯃꯁꯨꯡ ꯃꯦꯗꯤꯌꯥꯋꯤꯀꯤ.ꯂꯨꯞ ꯇ ꯂꯩꯔꯒꯅꯤ ꯴ ꯑꯒꯨꯁꯠ ꯗꯒꯤ ꯫ ꯃꯁꯤ ꯋꯤꯀꯤꯄꯦꯗꯤꯌꯥ ꯅꯠꯇꯕ ꯋꯤꯀꯤꯁꯤꯡ ꯑꯃꯁꯨꯡ ꯋꯤꯀꯤꯄꯦꯗꯤꯌꯥ ꯈꯔꯥꯗꯁꯨ ꯂꯩꯔꯒꯅꯤ ꯵ ꯑꯒꯨꯁꯠ ꯗꯒꯤ ꯫ ꯃꯁꯤ ꯋꯤꯀꯤ ꯄꯨꯂꯞꯇꯁꯨ ꯂꯩꯕ ꯊꯦꯡꯅꯔꯒꯅꯤ ꯶ ꯑꯒꯨꯁꯠ (ꯊꯄꯥꯂꯣꯟ) ꯗꯒꯤ ꯫
ꯁꯤꯟ-ꯁꯥꯔꯣꯜ ꯄꯥꯎꯁꯤꯡ ꯁꯤ ꯁꯤꯟ-ꯁꯥꯔꯣꯜ ꯄꯥꯎ ꯏꯔꯤꯕꯁꯤꯡ ꯅ ꯁꯦꯝꯕꯅꯤ ꯑꯃꯁꯨꯡ ꯕꯣꯠ ꯅ ꯊꯥꯒꯠꯂꯛꯄꯅꯤ • ꯁꯔꯨꯛꯌꯥꯔꯤꯕ • ꯍꯟꯗꯣꯛꯄ • ꯃꯇꯦꯡ ꯂꯧꯕ • ꯐꯤꯗꯕꯦꯛ ꯄꯤꯕ • ꯁꯨꯕꯁꯀꯔꯥꯏꯕꯔ ꯅꯠꯇꯔ ꯇꯧꯗꯕ. ꯫