Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. Subscribe, contribute and give feedback.
|previous||2022, week 25 (Monday 20 June 2022)||next|
Tech News: 2022-25
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- The Wikipedia App for Android now has an option for editing the whole page at once, located in the overflow menu (three-dots menu ). 
- Some recent database changes may affect queries using the Quarry tool. Queries for
site_statsat English Wikipedia, Commons, and Wikidata will need to be updated. Read more.
- A new
user_global_editcountvariable can be used in abuse filters to avoid affecting globally active users. 
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 21 June. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 22 June. It will be on all wikis from 23 June (calendar).
- Users of non-responsive skins (e.g. MonoBook or Vector) on mobile devices may notice a slight change in the default zoom level. This is intended to optimize zooming and ensure all interface elements are present on the page (for example the table of contents on Vector 2022). In the unlikely event this causes any problems with how you use the site, we'd love to understand better, please ping Jon (WMF) to any on-wiki conversations. 
- The Beta Feature for DiscussionTools will be updated throughout July. Discussions will look different. You can see some of the proposed changes.
- Parsoid's HTML output will soon stop annotating file links with different
typeofattribute values, and instead use
mw:Filefor all types. Tool authors should adjust any code that expects:
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.