The Technical Collaboration team helps developers build features in collaboration with our communities. We support Foundation’s Product teams, volunteer developers, tech ambassadors, and other contributors who want to get involved in the planning, development, and deployment of Wikimedia software features. We act as liaisons between non-technical communities and developers, and we organize developer outreach programs and events, in order to create software tools and other products to be used by Wikimedia communities. We also supervise community health and metrics in Wikimedia technical spaces.
In more detail:
- Annual Plan for FY2016-17 (July 2016 - June 2017)
- Work in progress: Strategy
We are organized in two sub-teams based on primary audiences:
We also have an internal group handling conduct reports — see Community health.
We are part of the Community Engagement department.
- mw:Technical Collaboration Guideline
- Analyzing conflict and possible solutions around WMF software development, our presentation at Wikimania 2016: slides - video
- Technical Collaboration team presentation at EMWCon Spring 2016
- Volunteer Supporters Network and their Volunteer-supporters mailing list, where we aim to collaborate with other Wikimedia organizations.