Tell us about Malay Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page belongs to the project Tell us about your Wikipedia.
Contributors (Berkenaan Penyumbang)
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
- Statistik di Wikimedia sukar ditafsirkan. Pada pendapat anda, berapa banyak penyumbang tetap yang menyumbang di MsWikipedia?
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
- Adakah kebanyakkan penyumbang MsWikipedia merupakan penutur asli Bahasa Melayu.
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
- Di manakah penyumbang MsWikipedia itu tinggal (daerah/negara).
- Most of the contributors live in Malaysia. There are many from around Southeast Asia like Indonesia, Singapore and Brunei. I know quite a lot who are currently residing in other countries beside these 4 I mentioned here. --Tikar aurum 19:42, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
- Berapa kerapkah penyumbang MsWikipedia bertemu dalam dunia sebenar?
Other Wikipedias (Berkenaan Wikipedia Lain)
- Do you have special contacts with another Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
- Adakah anda mempunyai hubungan dengan Wikipedia lain. Mungkin dari bahasa berkaitan?
- Certainly! Especially the Indonesian Wikipedia. After all both languages are almost the same. Then, many Malaysian contributing in English Wikipedia do contribute in our wikipedia as well. --Tikar aurum 19:42, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yup, many contributors contribute to Indonesian & English Wikipedias as well. ...Aurora... 04:44, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
- Adakah anda menerjemah laman daripada Wikipedia lain? Wikipedia yang mana?
Organization and support
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
- Adakah terdapat Wikimedia (chapter) dalam negara anda? Bagaimanakah bahasa anda berkait dengannya
- No. --Tikar aurum 19:42, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
- Adakah terdapat kumpulan pekerja dari organisasi berkhidmat pada Wikipedia.
- Not that I am aware of. --Tikar aurum 19:42, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
- Yes, the Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (DBP) or literally the Hall of Language and Literature. No direct contact that I am aware of. --Tikar aurum 19:42, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka. No contacts so far though. ...Aurora... 04:44, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
- Who (else) supports you?
- Wikipedians support wikipedia. We do not receive any help or advice from any governmental organization. Diagramma Della Verita 14:32, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- How looks your public outreach for your edition? Do you have flyers, give lectures, trainings etc.?
- Not so far. ...Aurora... 04:44, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
- Do you get feedback from readers?
- Mostly in the talk page of an article. No outside channel actually. --Tikar aurum 19:42, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- There is Ensiklopedia Malaysiana which is basically a translation of an English language Encyclopadia of Malaysia. There are many other topical encyclopedia such as Law, IT, Geography, Islam, Medicine etc. Most of them are of course translation works. --Tikar aurum 19:42, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Other publishers also publish Malay language encyclopedia in printed form. So far, Malay WP is the only free online malay encyclopedia. Diagramma Della Verita 14:32, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- Does your edition concentrates on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
- Yes, mostly about Malaysia and sometime about Southeast Asia. --Tikar aurum 19:42, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
- No, not that I am aware of. --Tikar aurum 19:42, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
- Yes. This was very much done decades before. --Tikar aurum 19:42, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?
- Usually we refer to the DBP. They are the authority regarding the language. If no conclusion, we just hold a vote after a long debate.
- By referring to DBP's Kamus Dewan. ...Aurora... 04:44, 31 August 2008 (UTC)