The Wikipedia Library – #1Lib1Ref
#1Lib1Ref (One Librarian, One Reference) – an annual January event -- January 15 - February 3, 2018.
If you have questions, share them by:
Contact a library leader working on this
The main contact for the program within the Wikipedia Library is Alex Stinson (User:Astinson (WMF), email@example.com). If you would like to be a local contact for the #1Lib1Ref activities, add yourself to this list:
- To add yourself, add
* Your name ([[User:NAME]]), location and email address and/or Twitter account you can be reached at.
- You can edit by clicking here
- Teri Embrey (User:TeriEmbrey Pritzker Military Museum and Library, Chicago, Illinois, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sara Marks (User:librarygurl; University Massachusetts, Lowell; email@example.com)
- Felix Nartey (User:Flixtey Accra, Ghana, e-mail me and @flixtey via Twitter
- Àlex Hinojo (User:Kippelboy), Catalan areas Libraries, glamwikimedia.cat and @Kippelboy on Twitter) Project page in Catalan language
- János McGhie (User:McGhiever; Saint Paul Public Library, Saint Paul, Minnesota; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Phoebe Ayers, MIT Libraries, psayers.at.mit.dot.edu
- Merrilee Proffitt (User:Merrilee; OCLC, San Mateo, CA; email@example.com) -- I can offer virtual office hours for those who want some handholding
- Jessamyn West, Vermont, @jessamyn
- haminoon, Auckland, New Zealand, e-mail me, @haminoon
- Andy Mabbett (w:User:Pigsonthewing), Wikimedian in Residence at ORCID, etc - United Kingdom (and further afield if needed).
- Jesús Tramullas (w:user:tramullas), Wikimedia ES; Dept. of Library and Information Science, Univ. of Zaragoza (Spain); firstname.lastname@example.org, @tramullas.
- Chiara Storti (w:User:Nonoranonqui), Italia, email@example.com
- Jeremy Floyd (w:User:Jjfloyd), University of Nevada, Reno, @jjamesfloyd
- Damien Belvèze (User:Udo_Bolano), INSA Rennes Library, Rennes, France; firstname.lastname@example.org and @Biblinsa
- Sara Barham (User:Elucidata), Dunedin, New Zealand; email@example.com; @sarabeee.
- Amanda French (User:alf7e), Blacksburg, VA; firstname.lastname@example.org; @amandafrench
- Michele Tagliabracci (w:user:Tagliabracci), Italia, email@example.com.
- Arne Wossink (User:AWossink), Netherlands, wossinkwikimedia.nl
- Marjo Bakker (User:Warlibrarian), Netherlands; firstname.lastname@example.org; @mjgbakker
- Mohammed Sadat Abdulai (User:Masssly), Ghana, email@example.com, @masssly
- Olaf Janssen (User:OlafJanssen), National library of the Netherlands, olaf.janssenkb.nl, ookgezellig. Created a Dutch manual (pdf) for librarians.
- Jenny Kinniff (User:Flappable) Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- Barbara Fischer (WMDE), Libraries in Germany, kulturwikimedia.de and @fischerdata on Twitter
- Leonardo Ramírez-Ordóñez (User:C3r098), Conector Foundation, Bogotá - Colombia; firstname.lastname@example.org; @cer098
- Samuel Guébo (User:African Hope), from Abidjan in Côte d'Ivoire, @samuelguebo
- Mauricio Fino (User:maolibrarian), Lecturer at Javeriana University (Bogotá, Colombia) @maolibrarian
- Stephanie Evers Ard (w:User:eversard), Social Sciences Librarian at the University of South Alabama (Mobile, Alabama, USA) @skevers or email@example.com.
- Allana Mayer, Toronto/Ontario, @allanaaaaaaaa or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leigh Bonds (User:leigh.bonds), Digital Humanities Librarian, The Ohio State University, Leigh_Bonds
- Kuldeep P Pawar w:user:Kuldeep Pawar, Librarian,Govt. College of Education, (CTE),Jintur Road , Parbhani, Maharashtra India.Accra,
- Sarah Mabee w:user:SarahHelenPrindle, Humanities & Fine Arts Librarian, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, USA. email@example.com @sarahprindle
- Rachel Howard w:user:Rachel.howard, Digital Initiatives Librarian, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
- w:user:Jameela P., Library and Information Assistant/ Info Crawler, Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kannur, Kerala, India.
- Brenda Burk, Clemson University Libraries, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Helps, Harold B. Lee library, Brigham Young University, @Rachel_Helps
- Rose Oliveira, Linda Lear Special Collections Librarian, Connecticut College, New London, Connecticut, USA
- Alessandra Boccone, Bibliotecaria presso il Centro Bibliotecario di Ateneo dell'Università degli studi di Salerno, Italy, email@example.com
- Erin Fields, username: Emefie, Liaison Librarian and Flexible Learning Coordinator, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC., erin.fieldsatubc.ca/Twitter: @Emefie
See /2017 events
Local Library Events
Click here to share information about your local event
Engage your network
We are looking for partner organizations. Partner organizations can help spread the campaign by:
- Participating in blogging, email and social media sharing during the campaign
- Directly calling on librarians in your network to participate in the campaign
- Holding webinars or other educational activities during the week
If you are interested contact Alex Stinson (astinsonwikimedia.org or @Sadads) or the whole TWL team (wikipedialibrarywikimedia.org or <tvar|twl-nickname@Wikilibrary</>). They can help with communications strategies, resources to share with your network, and finding volunteer networks in your area. Partners get the added bonus of being listed on the main page of the campaign, and being included in our social media push during the campaign.
We are also excited to help librarians learn about this campaign, but we need to share it. Tweeting about your contributed Wikipedia references, links to this page, and generally sharing the page using social media are all helpful. Here are the platforms where we have a presence:
Also, reach out to your press contacts, to helps share the news about the campaign in library and information science networks.
If you post or see a post related to 1lib1ref on another site, add it to our [[<tvar|press>The_Wikipedia_Library/1Lib1Ref/Press</>|Press list]]!
Further engage your library!
Libraries are fundamental allies to the mission of Wikipedia: collecting and disseminating the sum of all knowledge. Because of this basic mission alignment, Wikipedia editors have been engaging their local libraries as part of the Wikimedia movement's GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) outreach strategy. There are some amazing and impressive examples of librarian engagement with case studies from the Catalan Network of Public Libraries, the State Library of New South Wales, the National Library of Israel, the National Archives of the United States, and many more.
- Check out the two Discussion Papers supported by IFLA, about the Opportunities for Libraries and Wikipedia to collaborate
- To learn more about how research libraries can engage with Wikipedia, check out this guide for research libraries
- To find a Wikimedia editor or community near you to help get your library more engaged, reach out to a local Wikimedia movement affiliate, the library contacts listed above, or a volunteer who act as a contact for cultural heritage organizations in their region.