The Wikipedia Library – #1Lib1Ref
#1Lib1Ref (One Librarian, One Reference) – an annual January event -- January 15 - Feb 3 2017.
Des questions ?
Si vous avez des questions, faites en nous part en :
Contact a library leader working on this
The main contact for the program within the Wikipedia Library is Alex Stinson (User:Astinson (WMF), firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would like to be a local contact for the #1Lib1Ref activities, add yourself to this list:
- To add yourself, add
* Your name ([[User:NAME]]), location and email address and/or Twitter account you can be reached at.
- You can edit by clicking here United States
- Stephanie Evers Ard (w:User:eversard), Social Sciences Librarian at the University of South Alabama (Mobile, Alabama, USA) @skevers or email@example.com.
- Rose Oliveira, Linda Lear Special Collections Librarian, Connecticut College, New London, Connecticut, USA
- Teri Embrey (User:TeriEmbrey Pritzker Military Museum and Library, Chicago, Illinois, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sarah Mabee w:user:SarahHelenPrindle, Humanities & Fine Arts Librarian, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, USA. email@example.com @sarahprindle
- Cassandra DellaCorte (User:MidwestCuttlefish), DePaul University, Chicago, IL. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rachel Howard w:user:Rachel.howard, Digital Initiatives Librarian, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
- Jeremy Floyd (w:User:Jjfloyd), University of Nevada, Reno, @jjamesfloyd
- Luiza Wainer, Princeton University, lwainer[at]princeton[dot]edu
- Janelle Toner (User:janelletoner), Assistant Librarian, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, email@example.com
- Andrey Filimonov (User:AndreyPFilimonov), Archival Services Manager, Center for Jewish History, New York, NY, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Jack (User:Sodapopinski7), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill email@example.com
- Brenda Burk, Clemson University Libraries, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Helps, Harold B. Lee library, Brigham Young University, @Rachel_Helps
- Amanda French (User:alf7e), Blacksburg, VA; email@example.com; @amandafrench
- Erin Fields, username: Emefie, Liaison Librarian and Flexible Learning Coordinator, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC., erin.fieldsatubc.ca/Twitter: @Emefie
- Allana Mayer, Toronto/Ontario, @allanaaaaaaaa or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stacy Allison-Cassin (User:Smallison), Digital Pedagogy Librarian, York University, Toronto, Ontario. email@example.com
- Mita Williams, Librarian, University of Windsor, @copystar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Allain, Vancouver, B.C., @archivalistic
- Elizabeth Stregger, Sackville, NB email@example.com
- Andy Mabbett (w:User:Pigsonthewing), Wikimedian in Residence at ORCID, etc - United Kingdom (and further afield if needed).
- Rebecca O'Neill (w:User:Smirkybec), Project Coordinator for Wikimedia Community Ireland, wikimediairelandgmail.com, @WikimediaIE
- Elīna Sniedze (w:User:Ellia_S), Latvian Librarian Association (LLA); New Professionals section of LLA, firstname.lastname@example.org and @lbbjss on Twitter
- Alessandra Boccone, Bibliotecaria presso il Centro Bibliotecario di Ateneo dell'Università degli studi di Salerno, Italy, email@example.com
- Chiara Storti (w:User:Nonoranonqui), Italia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michele Tagliabracci (w:user:Tagliabracci), Italia, email@example.com
- Zana Strkovska (User:Violetova), Skopje, Macedonia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Krzysztof Machocki (User:Halibutt), education projects coordinator / press officer at Wikimedia Polska (Warsaw, Poland). Contact info here.
- Lantuszka - librarian, based in Warsaw, Poland. Specialization: wiki-GLAM, art documentation and information, tolerance and non-discrimination, human rights, women's biographies, wiki-ethnography, free-licences, media education, Ukraine, Israel, librarianship and information management, collective memory, un-memory, training professional librarians in editing wikipedia and wiki-sister projects. Contact me if you need assistance, I'd be very happy to help.
- Katarzyna Błaszkowska (User:Pakusza), Gdańsk University of Technology Library.
- Jolanta Szczepaniak (User:Iolanthe~plwiki), Lodz University of Technology Library @SzczepaJ
- Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) (User:Hasive; Dhaka; Bangladesh, email@example.com) or @nhasive via twitter.
- Kuldeep P Pawar w:user:Kuldeep Pawar, Librarian,Govt. College of Education, (CTE),Jintur Road , Parbhani, Maharashtra India.
- w:user:Jameela P., Library and Information Assistant/ Info Crawler, Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kannur, Kerala, India.
- Krishna Chaitanya Velaga User:KCVelaga, India; actively involved in TWL outreach and connections with librarians
- Sara Barham (User:Elucidata), Dunedin, New Zealand; firstname.lastname@example.org; @sarabeee.
- haminoon, Auckland, New Zealand, e-mail me, @haminoon
- Siobhan Leachman (Ambrosia10), Wellington, New Zealand. @siobhanleachman via twitter, digital volunteer for the Biodiversity Heritage Library.
- Jacinta Sutton, (JacintaJS) (talk), Project Officer, State Library of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. Search WP:SLQ in en.wikipedia for our #1lib1ref Project Page. Email email@example.com
- Pru Mitchell, (Pru.mitchell) (talk), Wikimedia Australia, Melbourne. firstname.lastname@example.org, Via Twitter: @pru.
Local Library Events
Click here to share information about your local event
La Biblioteca del Instituto de Investigaciones Bibliotecológicas y de la Información de la UNAM
y el Colegio Nacional de Bibliotecarios A.C. Ciudad de México
Invitan a todos aquellos bibliotecarios, estudiantes e interesados en los ambientes colaborativos del conocimiento como las Wikis, al evento #1Lib1Ref que se celebra anualmente por el aniversario de Wikipedia y que tiene por Objetivo: Mejorar los artículos que necesiten referencias, para ser validados. Este año se integra IIBI UNAM y el CNB al evento, que se llevará a cabo el Próximo 30 de enero de 2018 en las instalaciones del IIBI en la Torre II de Humanidad en Ciudad Universitaria CDMX.
¡TE ESPERAMOS NO FALTES!
Meridian Library District in Meridian, Idaho will be hosting a Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon as part of #1Lib1Ref on January 20th, 2018 from 8:30 AM -10:30 AM at our Cherry Lane location. All local librarians are welcome to join us. We will provide coffee, snacks, and a brief overview of editing Wikipeida plus a supportive environment to share your expertise or edit for the first time. For questions please contact Megan@Mld.org
University of Huddersfield library in Yorkshire, United Kingdom, will be hosting a Wikipedia editathon as part of #1lib1ref on Saturday 3rd February, 11am03pm GMT. All librarians and library workers welcome, however space is limited so please sign up via [EventBrite] if you wish to attend!
University of Minnesota Libraries will be hosting a Wikipedia edit-a-thon in support of #1Lib1Ref on January 17th, 2018 from 9:00am to noon at Wilson Library on our Twin Cities Campus. We invite the local library community to join us. For more information, including contact information for questions, please visit the events page on the U of M Libraries website.
GLAM Macedonia in cooperation with the City Library "Braka Miladinovci" will be hosting open discussion "Importance of digitization" as part of #1Lib1Ref on January 18th, 2018 from 2 PM - 3 PM.
Engagez votre réseau
Nous cherchons des partenariats. Les partenaires peuvent aider à faire parler du projet en :
- bloguant, en envoyant des mails et en partageant sur les réseaux sociaux pendant le projet ;
- appelant directement les bibliothécaires de leur réseau pour leur proposer de participer au projet ;
- Organisant des webinaires ou d'autres activités pédagogiques durant la semaine
If you are interested contact Alex Stinson (astinsonwikimedia.org or @Sadads) or the whole TWL team (wikipedialibrarywikimedia.org or <tvar|twl-nickname@Wikilibrary</>). They can help with communications strategies, resources to share with your network, and finding volunteer networks in your area. Partners get the added bonus of being listed on the main page of the campaign, and being included in our social media push during the campaign.
We are also excited to help librarians learn about this campaign, but we need to share it. Tweeting about your contributed Wikipedia references, links to this page, and generally sharing the page using social media are all helpful. Here are the platforms where we have a presence:
Also, reach out to your press contacts, to helps share the news about the campaign in library and information science networks.
If you post or see a post related to 1lib1ref on another site, add it to our [[<tvar|press>The_Wikipedia_Library/1Lib1Ref/Press</>|Press list]]!
Further engage your library!
Libraries are fundamental allies to the mission of Wikipedia: collecting and disseminating the sum of all knowledge. Because of this basic mission alignment, Wikipedia editors have been engaging their local libraries as part of the Wikimedia movement's GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) outreach strategy. There are some amazing and impressive examples of librarian engagement with case studies from the Catalan Network of Public Libraries, the State Library of New South Wales, the National Library of Israel, the National Archives of the United States, and many more.
- Check out the two Discussion Papers supported by IFLA, about the Opportunities for Libraries and Wikipedia to collaborate
- To learn more about how research libraries can engage with Wikipedia, check out this guide for research libraries
- To find a Wikimedia editor or community near you to help get your library more engaged, reach out to a local Wikimedia movement affiliate, the library contacts listed above, or a volunteer who act as a contact for cultural heritage organizations in their region.
The Wikipedia Library