Translating Chattogram-Munich 2019
First edition, 1 - 31 May 2019
Welcome to the Wikipedia writing contest around Chattogram-Munich culture!
- This is a public writing contest around the culture of Chattogram and Munich. Aiming to create a list of about 100 articles in two different languages, respectively 50 in Bengali and 50 in German; related culture including architecture, natural resources, famous figures and sports facilities from Chattogram and Munich.
- Chattogram is a large port city on the southeastern coast of Bangladesh, and Munich is the capital and most populous city of Bavaria, the second most populous German federal state. Both culture and history are rich and high. Through this contest, we want to expand by adding new contents in Wikipedia regarding the culture, history and heritage. Winners will get Prizes and Barnstars.
- This initiative is a part of the Bengali-German Community Exchange Program. You can participate in any of two languages or both.
- The writing challenge will run from 00:01; 1 May to 23:59, 31 May 2019 (UTC).
- The contest is simple in structure, based on a KISS point system: You will get points while improving articles, with the goal for each participant to gain as many points as possible.
- Anyone can help in Bengali and German, and both of two languages to collaborate on writing and/or translating articles related to Chattogram-Munich culture. Any Wikipedian with a named account can participate. It is only necessary to have a user account in advance. To participate you just need to sign up on the volunteer section.
- The contest is organized and led under the Bengali-German Community Exchange Program: One of our main goals is to provide knowledge in two different languages.
- If your organization or institution wants to collaborate with this contest, please, contact us.
Here are the winners!