|This Wikimedia Meta-wiki page is inactive and kept for historical interest. There is no actual translation requests. If you want to revive this page for submitting your new requests, you may start a discussion at Talk:Translation requests.|
The press release is now frozen. Please update your translations. 07:46, 9 Sep 2004 (UTC)
This release is planned for distribution on 20 Sep 2004 (we may reach one million articles earlier, but this is the date we will make the official announcement and send the press release). Please try to find a local press contact, else list Jimmy Wales as the global contact (for communication in English).
If there are local updates you want to include (which are not part of the content of the global template), please find an appropriate place to include them. Such items should preferably be kept brief and be of potential interest to media in your language.
For translation | Für Übersetzung: | Pour traduire: | अनुवाद के लिये: |
- Press release : all text including the "PD" introduction.
Please note the date & time of the last major translation, at the top of the page. <br\>(you can use five tildes — ~~~~~ — to get just a timestamp)
- (Af) Afrikaans — 100%. Published on af: and sent out to media.
- (Ang) Englisc - begun
- (Ar) العربية — Done
- (Bg) Български — 100% completed, sent to 50 media. --5ko 10:52, 20 Sep 2004 (UTC)
- (Ca) Català (Catalan) Completed
- (Cs) Česky — almost done, needs press contact and proofreading.
- (Cy) Cymraeg (Welsh) - no need for translation, the English version can be used.
- (Da) Dansk — done (needs verification by Danish press contacts)
- (De) Deutsch — 100% of frozen text, missing press contact, please reread.
- (El) Ελληνικά
- (En) English — original, finished and text frozen.
- (Es) Español — Complete
- (Eo) Esperanto — 100% and already in the news
- (Et) Eesti — two paragraphs translated; our community decided not to release this press release as we don't need too much publicity right now
- (Fi) Suomi — 100%, needs editing
- (Fr) Français — Complete
- (Ga) Gaeilge (Irish) — Complete
- (Ja) 日本語 (Japanese) — 100% now it on Wikimedia:Press_releases/1M_articles/Ja:
- (Ko) 한국어 (Korean) 90% but rough; needs proofreading
- (He) עברית (Hebrew) 100% completed. Still having some problems with the Hebrew support, especially with external links.
- (Hi) हिन्दी (Hindi) 10% completed
- (Hu) Magyar (Hungarian) 100%; proofreading needed
- (Id) Bahasa Indonesia — 100%, still needs local press contact
- (Is) Íslenska — 100%
- (It) Italiano — 100%. Moved to Wikipedia:Secondo comunicato stampa
- (Lb) Lëtzebuergesch — done.
- (La) Latina — 0%
- (Nl) Nederlands — 95%, needs some possible pruning (contains slightly more than English version), press contact and proofreading.
- (No) Norsk allmost done, except proofreading and presscontact.
- (Pl) Polski — synchronized with final English version.
- (Pt) Português (Portuguese) — done.
- (Ro) Română — 100%, synchronized with Italian version, press contact and proofreading done, mention about Aromanian Wikipedia (http://roa-rup.wikipedia.org) done
- (Ru) Русский 100% completed, needs contact name, fixing links and some proofreading; translated and submitted by KNewman of Wikipedia
- (Sl) Slovenščina translated; needs revisions, contact name
- (Sv) Svenska — done; date on first line and edit counts at bottom, are all that remain
- (Vi) Tiếng Việt — done, re-translated by native Vietnamese speaker
- (Zh) 中文 — 100%