Our strategic priorities:
- Stabilize infrastructure
- Increase participation
- Improve quality
- Increase reach
- Encourage innovation
Wikimedia Foundation targets for 2015:
- Increase the total number of people served to 1 billion
- Increase the number of Wikipedia articles we offer to 50 million
- Ensure information is high quality by increasing the percentage of material reviewed to be of high or very high quality by 25 percent
- Encourage readers to become contributors by increasing the number of total editors who make at least 5 edits per month to 200,000
- Support healthy diversity in the editing community by doubling the percentage of female editors to 25 percent and increase the percentage of Global South editors to 37 percent
The latest news and views from the Wikimedia Foundation:
- Gurene Wikimedia Community holds pre-Wikimania event at Ajumako
- The Gurene Wikimedia Community held a pre-Wikimania event at the Ajumako campus of the University of Education, Winneba. The event, comprising 22 participants from the...
- Uprising Man 2022-08-10 22:00:00
- First Meeting of Women, Internet and Technologies #JuntasEnInternet (#TogetherOnTheInternet)
- Wikimedia Mexico invited women from different regions of the country for a discussion on how we inhabit the internet, about the gender gap and online...
- Tania Sola WMMX 2022-08-10 19:27:37
- Wikimania for newbies – top things to do and see
- It’s Wikimania week for 2022 and the countdown for the event has begun! First of all – make sure you have registered and once you...
- Wikimania Core Organizing Team 2022-08-10 17:25:33
- Don’t Blink: Public Policy Snapshot for July 2022
- Welcome to the “Don’t Blink” series! Every month we share developments from around the world that shape people’s ability to participate in the free knowledge...
- Franziska Putz 2022-08-10 12:00:00
- Human rights in focus on the Czech and Serbian Wikipedia￼
- The diversity of the community as well as inviting new editors from various backgrounds became a prime mover to focus on topics related to the...
- Nevena Rudinac 2022-08-10 07:00:00
- Other languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Deutsch, English,español, français, italiano, polski, português do Brasil, suomi, svenska, čeština, русский, українська, עברית, العربية, فارسی, বাংলা, 中文, 日本語 Lat...
- quiddity-WMF 2022-08-09 16:04:18
Read the Foundation's 2011–12 Annual financial plan, which also includes strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
See current events for more information.
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money. The benefactors page is dedicated to some of the companies and individuals helping to sustain the Wikimedia projects. The Wikimedia Foundation does not necessarily endorse the activities of its Corporate Benefactors.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via PayPal, MoneyBookers, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.