Who we are
The Trust and Safety team consists of two collaborating wings, focusing on community health policy and trust and trust and safety operations and related policy respectively.
- Patrick Earley
- Patrick registered as User:The Interior on Christmas Day 2008. With a focus on topics related to his home country of Canada and on bringing access to resource materials to other volunteers through the Wikipedia Library, Patrick began at the Wikimedia Foundation as a Community Liaison (International) in July 2013. He became Senior Community Advocate in February 2015, thereafter Manager of the Support team, and is now the Trust and Safety Policy Manager.
- Sydney Poore
- Sydney, also known as FloNight, created her account on the English Wikipedia in September 2005. She became an administrator there in 2006, and has served on its Arbitration Committee in the past. She joined the Wikimedia Foundation in March 2017 as a Community Advocate, working closely with the Anti-Harassment Tools team, and is now a Trust and Safety Specialist.
- Christel Steigenberger
- Christel, also known as Kritzolina, created her account on the German Wikipedia in January 2014. She became an administrator there in 2015 and also started to upload to commons, where she is most active at the moment. She then joined the Wikimedia Foundation in July 2017 as a Community Advocate, primarily focused on Support tasks, and is now a Trust and Safety Specialist. She has a professional background of having worked as a Social Worker for more than 20 years.
- Joe Sutherland
- Joe began editing in July 2006 and now serves as an administrator and functionary on the English Wikipedia as "Fox". He joined the Wikimedia Foundation as a Communications Volunteer in September 2013, before becoming a Communications Intern in May 2015 and Communications Fellow in March 2016. He moved to the Support and Safety team in May 2016 as a Community Advocate (International), primarily focused on Support tasks, and is now a Trust and Safety Specialist.
- Kalliope Tsouroupidou
- Kalli came on board with the Wikimedia Foundation as a Community Advocate (International) in April 2015, bringing with her over 7 years of trust & safety experience from Couchsurfing and is now a Senior Trust and Safety Specialist. She is leading core workflows of the Operations Taskforce and its workflows related to the team's Affiliations Committee support.
- Karen Brown
- Karen, also known as Fluffernutter, created her account on the English Wikipedia in April 2008. She became an administrator and oversighter there in 2011, and then joined the Wikimedia Foundation in September 2015 as a Community Advocate, primarily focused on Support tasks, and is now a Trust and Safety Specialist. She moved to the Trust and Safety taskforce in July 2017.
- Samuel Guebo
- Samuel, also known as African Hope, started as a volunteer on the French Wikipedia in 2008. He has been a volunteer developer, member of the Wikimedia Community User Group Côte d'Ivoire and joined the team as a Trust and Safety Specialist in August 2018.
- Ty Hargrove
- Ty is an experienced Trust and Safety professional with more than five years of experience in Google's T&S ecosystem. Her areas of expertise are child protection and spam. Ty joined the team as a Trust and Safety Specialist in July 2018.
- Jan Eissfeldt
- Jan became a registered editor on the German Wikipedia in March 2004 as User:Jan eissfeldt, focusing heavily (but not exclusively) on topics related to philosophy and argumentation theory. He joined the Wikimedia Foundation as a Community Advocate (International) in April 2013. In January 2017, he became Senior Strategist, helping both the "Support" and "Trust & Safety" teams plan, prioritize and coordinate their work. In January 2018, he became the Lead Manager of Support and Safety and in May 2018 of the restructured Trust and Safety team.