May 1 - May 31, 2014
Welcome to the Wikipedia writing contest around the Wikipedia city project Umepedia!
- What: This is a public writing competition around the city of Umeå's culture and history. The goal of this first edition is to improve and translate this list of 40 really important places (+ 6 extra articles!) that we hope to put a QRpedia sign next to, into as many languages as possible. The winners will receive great prizes.
- When: The writing challenge will run from 00:01 1 May until 23:59 31 May 2014 (CET UTC+01:00).
- How: The contest is simple in structure, based on a KISS point system: You get points while improving articles, with the goal for each participant to gain as many points as possible.
- Who: Everybody can help in any language to collaborate on writing and/or translating articles related to Umeå. Any Wikipedian with a named account (on any wiki) can participate. To participate you just need to sign up on the Participants section.
- Why: The contest is organized and led by Wikimedia Sverige: We want to try out the Wikipedia city idea in Sweden as we think that it is fantastic to make culture easily accessible for tourists and immigrants in the city! Now when Umeå is the European Capital of Culture a lot of people are visiting the city. We will use the lessons learned and continue with other cities and make Sweden into a Wikipedia country! Help us make this a success!