|Tanzanian University Students Wikimedians User Group|
|Official language(s)||Swahili , English|
Tanzanian University Students Wikimedians User Group (TUSWUG) is a user group of Wikimedia editors dedicated to promoting Wikimedia projects by involving mostly Secondary, College, and University Students in Tanzania. We also help, encourage and educate Swahili-speaking users and communities on the importance of open source, knowledge sharing, and other educational initiatives through our training and events which the group organizes. The group is open to membership by interested individuals with shared interests.
- To promote Wikimedia projects
- To promote editing of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects both in Swahili and other languages.
- To engage and encourage more students to become contributors to the Wikimedia projects.
- To organize in-person events for local community Wikipedians/Wikimedians by providing them with resources needed to enhance both their skills and ability for the development of the Wikimedia projects.
- To conduct Wikipedia weekly and monthly meetups and grow a community of students from Tanzania
- To establish Wikipedia clubs in different educational institutions.
- Organizing Wikipedia edit-a-thons for students in Tanzania
The founding of University Students Wikimedians was initially brought up by Wikipedia enthusiasts Magoiga Mtatiro while participating in an edit-a-thon under Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania in Dar es Salaam. The idea was then shared with some of the members of Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania including the co-founder Antoni Mtavangu and all approved the idea to be a good initiative.
In 2019, the program was initiated as an experimental project in the Alfagems Secondary School in Morogoro: where the main aim was to learn and understand what would be the main interests of students and they would love the program to lead. The experimental program was driven from 2019 to May 2022 when the project was moved officially from experimental into full operations where the target was moved from secondary students to Colleges and Universities.
Events and Projects
University Students Wikimedians has conducted and participated successfully in the following events:
- UniStu Love Wiki June 2021 Edit-a-thon
- UniStu Love Wiki August Contest
- UniStu Love Wiki UDOM
- USLW Olympics
- Feminism and Folklore Dodoma
- USLW Revision
- USLW Iringa
- CIVE Club July 2022 Program
- [Club July 2022]
- [Club July 2022]
- [Swahili Month]
- [Arusha 2022]
- [Club September 2022]
- [with Africa Basketball]
- [MONTH OF AMERICAN COMPUTER SCIENTISTS-USW CIVE CLUB SEPTEMBER]
- [Wikipedia Month]
- [Youth Month 2022 Wikidata Training]
- USW Wikidata 01
- Africa Youth Month 2022 - Tanzania
- Judiciary of Tanzania in Wiki
- Women in Wiki
- Wikidata Dom April_23
- Social Justice in Wiki
- Karibu Tanzania
- My Environment My Breath
- TUSW Swahili Climate Voices 2023
- Wiki Student Summit 2023
- Wiki Gap
- Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos (WPWP)
- International Youth Month
- Mazingira Yangu, Uhai Wangu
- Bantu Trails in Tanzania
- Feminism and Folklore
- Find all Grants Proposals under this section.
- Jack james
- Awadhi Awampo
- Sylivester Johnbosco
- Felix sakalani
- Mtu Mbad
- MPEPE MAMLUKI
- Joh Matts
- MR MANAGER123
- Magoiga Mtatiro
- Ewodiusz Carlos
- The hitandrun
- James Moore200 (talk) 13:03, 16 August 2022 (UTC)
- Hussein Issa
|01||Magoiga Mtatiro||Program Coordinator||TUSWfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|02||Naemi Ng'anunga||Assistant Program Coordinator||TUSWemail@example.com|
|03||Wahida Omary||Clubs Coordinator||TUSW - Dodomafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|04||Sylvester Johnbosco||Accountant||TUSW - Morogoroemail@example.com|
|05||Emanuel Akyoo||Branding and Content Manager||TUSW - CIVEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|06||Rashid Issa||Club Leader||TUSW - Iringaemail@example.com|
|07||Awadhi Mpogole||Club Leader||TUSW - Morogorofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|08||Miriam Kikoroma||Club Leader||TUSW - CHSSemail@example.com|
|09||Deborah Ngira||Club Leader||TUSW - CBEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Community Contact information
Phone & WhatsApp: +255685261018
Interested in participating
All members interested in joining our community are all welcomed.
- Access our reports via this link.