Unlock the Secrets of Wikipedia Zero
This Meta page is a platform of Collaboration about the campaign currently about Wikipedia Zero in Cape Town, South Africa, started by learners at . Please lets share ideas on how we can spread this campaign. Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 12:48, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
TRANSLATION OF CAPTIONS
Who is interested, and where are you located? How do you want to get involved?
- Sign up here:
- Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 12:46, 27 June 2013 (UTC),Botswana Interested in general research topics, and applications of wiki technology, and communities.
- Oarabile, can you edit the Setswana page for Sinenjongo High School?Victorgrigas (talk) 22:09, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- Let me know how I can be of help. I'm normally loged in the regular English Wiki. Marine 69-71 (talk) 04:12, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
- You know alot of quality editors - Could you find other editors who speak other languages who could translate the page for Sinenjongo High School? Victorgrigas (talk) 22:35, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- I like this concept, and thus would like to replicate the same in India, especially in north India. -- ♪Karthik♫ ♪Nadar♫ 08:47, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
- Karthik, can you translate the page for Sinenjongo High School into Hindi? I think it would get a lot of attention that way. Also could you find other schools and tell them what they did at Sinenjongo High School? Maybe they could then write an open letter of their own, and then we could add it to the facebook page! Victorgrigas (talk) 22:09, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- Count me in, will help however I can from Cape Town. I am usually on en.wikipeida. --22.214.171.124 06:42, 28 June 2013 (UTC)
- Do you know any media outlets in Cape Town who might also want to get involved? Are there other schools around Cape Town who should know about this? Or maybe there is more local research about the High School or Joe Slovo Park that could be done in local Cape Town libraries or universities that couldn't be done online? Victorgrigas (talk) 22:35, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- Can you translate the page for Sinenjongo High School into French or at least get it started?
- Yes, and I can mark the blog post for translation to get more people to translate it into other languages. Do you by any chance speak Lithuanian (at least your name sounds like it...)? PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:04, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- With all my zeal & enthusiasm, I am in ... tell me however i can help Abhishek Hingnikar(talk) 23:10, 28 June 2013(IST)
- I think you are doing it per the work ont he discussion page Victorgrigas (talk) 22:35, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- Like PiR, I'm more than happy to help online in any way I can - marking pages for translation, wikifying pages etc. Thehelpfulone 21:59, 28 June 2013 (UTC)
- Happy 2 help 2. --Jduranboger (talk) 17:28, 29 June 2013 (UTC)
- do you know anyone else on Wikipedia who speaks other languages who might be able to translate? Victorgrigas (talk) 22:35, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
- This is mo like it now in the Tswana version Sinenjongo_High_School,i kind of had a problem in working on the template because i am not that good in creating Templates.Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 07:59, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
- Up and running in Kenya with one telco, Airtel . Limoke Oscar
Spread the word
How do we make this campaign grow outside of just South Africa?
- Are you a student who could benefit from Wikipedia Zero? Do you know a school or a student who could benefit from Wikipedia Zero? You can email Victor Grigas at email@example.com or just post to the student's facebook page
- Find schools, students, NGO's and non-profits that should be aware of WP0, and make them aware of the campaign that they can join
- People can visit the Facebook page for the campaign for free access to Wikipedia: https://www.facebook.com/FreeAccessToWikipedia and post messages with the students and teachers of the school there directly.
- Find TV Stations, Radio stations, journalists and news outlets and let them know about this campaign and Wikipedia Zero
There's wikifying & translation stuff: