Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Fourth International Hindi Conference, January 6-8, 2017. Gitam University, Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam - 530045. Andhra Pradesh, India.
Summary of Participant Connections
I was a speaker at the Fourth International Hindi Conference 2017, where I delivered my paper on "हिन्दी विकिपीडिया के माध्यम से हिन्दी भाषा के प्रयोग को बढाने का प्रयास" or "Expanding the Usage of Hindi language through Hindi Wikipedia". It was great to meet people from many countries. Sharing my ideas with them and also participating in their talks helped me learn several new aspects of education and also in gaining new insights on expanding the usage of Hindi Wikipedia.
- Addressing on the Hindi Wikipedia at the Fourth International Hindi Conference 2017 was the first effort aimed gaining the language Wikipedia recognition of as a knowledge repository and encyclopedia.
- Since the theme of the current conference was "to create a bridge between the pedagogical experts of the Hindi language taught to speakers of other languages (THSOL) in India and particularly in the non- Hindi speaking areas of India, and the pedagogical experts and instructors in the USA and the rest of the world, including the South Asian diaspora (Canada, England, Mauritius, Fiji, etc.), where Hindi is mostly taught as a heritage language as well as a foreign language", many international academics came to know about Hindi Wikipedia and its dynamics for the first time.
- Many academics had first hands-on exposure of Hindi Wikipedia.
- I also demonstrated the simplicity of the hands-on Hindi Wikipedia editing video tutorial which I scripted in 2013.
- Many queries pertaining to Wikipedia were asked and answered.
- Especially designed Hindi Wikipedia promotional leaflet was distributed among all participants.