User:John Cummings/use media content
- Replace NAME OF CATEGORY in media type category
- Replace category=Media_files_produced_by_??? with name of category in tool that allows you to see where content is already used
- Replace all ??? with suitable names
- Replace _files.php?category=SUITABLECATEGORY&depth=5 with the the name of the correct category in the whole document (using + instead of spaces in name of category)
|Use ??? Content|
??? has released media under a Wikimedia compatible license making it free for everyone to reuse. You can help more people to see the content by adding the content to Wikimedia projects, tools are provided below to help you do this.
|??? collections available on Wikimedia Commons|
|??? unused media|
The lists below will help you find unu media in your language on different Wikimedia projects.
To use the list simply:
- Click ▼ next to the Wikimedia project name.
- Click on a language to see all the content files that have not been added to that project in that language..
|How to add content to Wikimedia projects|
Adding content to Wikimedia projects is done in the same way on all projects with the exception of Wikidata.
For instructions of how to add images to Wikimedia projects using Visual Editor please click here. To edit a page simply click edit at the top of any article.
- Use the search tool above to find an image you would like to use on Wikidata and copy the file name
- Use the search tool on Wikidata to find a suitable article
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list of properties and click + add
- Use image as the property field and paste in the name of the file into the box that appears
- Click ✓ save