- "Calling, the meek and the humble; welcome to blackboard jungle...so don't you fumble...just be humble..."
- Hi, my username is Lighthead, my nickname is Bry, and to add more confusion to the mix; my name is Bryan Palencia. As far as my job is concerned I am currently a freelance writer for the examiner.com as a film critic (feel free to look me up, I'm the Lakewood Movie Examiner). I've recently been signing my talk page with þ, so just look out for the Lighthead þ. It stands for the rune letter, thorn; so that's what that stands for. It also looks like a man with a light on his head (no?)... I was a 14&&32 but now I'm just <:-:|£7... If you would like to contact me, try contacting me through Wikipedia. Thanks.
- I'm actually from the Greater Los Angeles Area. I've lived there all my life.
- Lately I've been fighting vandals in general. It's just a small way to contribute if anyone's interested; and it's an easy way to put in those edits. If anyone wants to know how to do it, just drop me a line. I can give you a few pointers. I might even write an essay about it soon...
- If I made a mistake in reverting vandalism, don't feel bad if you pointed it out. Even though I'm smart, I realize that I mess up every once in a while (We're still imperfect; bottom line.) Mostly minor mistakes; rarely big ones, but it does happen.
- And that goes for more than just vandalism.. You can apply this rule to anything I do. Here's the thing, I lack technical ability (I suck at math); but I'm very near genius in other fields. Anything abstract or theoretical, I excel. And that's how I know that the Organization is the truth. That leads to...
- My ideology is basically different than before (please review history of this page, before June 8, 2011). My viewpoint now is highly influenced by the fact that I am now one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I've actually been in the truth since about late August of 2010. I have a userbox saying that I voted for Barack Obama in 2008, but that's merely there as my own political history, so in other words I have no plans to vote in 2012 or any election. But I'm still basically the same. I still hear electronic music, I just don't hear lyrically offensive (or in any way offensive) electronic music. I'm still the same, interest-wise, it's just my take on things that's 180 degrees different. If you're curious about the truth please check out the Wikipedia article, Jehovah's Witness; that said please take that article with a grain of salt. I remember it in the past as being highly slanted in its viewpoint. But if you're really curious please check out this website: www.jw.org. You'll be glad you did; ha ha ha!
- One of my favorite lines is from one of my favorite films, The Game. It's when Conrad Van Orton (Michael Douglas' character), is shouting at his brother and, well, here it goes: "Did I have a choice! DID I HAVE A CHOICE!" This film is in my opinion David Fincher's masterpiece. Its not just the obvious plot lines, but the subtle plot lines the film takes you through.
- My absolute musical interest is electronic. I mean I'm listening to it as we speak (or as I speak). I can't seem to shake my obsession with Drum and bass! I also like Big beat, Acid techno (my favorite acid techno song is Klopjob by AFX, otherwise known as Aphex Twin); as well as Glitch, Acid in general, and Electro house in specific. I also like pretty much all the styles of Hardcore techno. I mostly like music that makes me trip out, so you can add styles like Psychedelia to the mix; and it trickles out from there. I basically like Electronic music in general, any style of it, I like for the most part. The styles I try to stay away from are cheesy forms of Trance and cheesy forms of House music. There are some forms of Techno that I hate. This is just a general statement, but the airy fairy forms of it I don't like (a lot of the songs of Christian Fennesz, Apparat, Bluetech, Trentemøller (this one is an excellent example!), Four Tet, Ulrich Schnauss,and Isan are good examples (but only as a rule, now); the exception is unless its clever and humorous.
- Being somewhat of an artist myself I basically adhere to the most strange, weird, and modern art in terms of what I like. I like Impressionism; Post-Impressionism; Expressionism; Dada; Surrealism; Fauvism; Picasso's Blue Period; Abstract, Francisco Goya; Rembrandt; Tintoretto; Abstraction; Wassily Kandinsky, Sketch I for "Composition VII" is my favorite; Vincent Van Gogh's The Potato Eaters is distinctive from his famous style; Paul Gauguin is good. The various forms of Cubism. Marc Chagall; René Magritte; Abstract Expressionism; Neo-expressionism; Post-Modernism, and finally Cindy Sherman who reminds me of a UFO meet suburbia.
-The nightingale steadily sings after midnight -The sparrows follow in the dawn with their love calls and ooze of cuteness -The devil is sleeping -...meanwhile; the birds unknowingly migrate creating their paraidise -The devil wakes up -The days are universes, and times of universes and universes of times. -The devil gets paranoid. -The creator leaves.
- "Universe; times"
I've been to a lot of places. I've been to Canada, New York, Manhattan, New England, Niagara Falls, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, the Mexican Riviera, Florida, Bahamas, Guatemala (that's where my parents are from), all kinds of places. I've also been to Pennsylvania, and Delaware. I came back July 2007 from Yellowstone National Park; and here's a picture from that...