|June Month Celebration 2022 edit-a-thon|
|Begins||25 June 2022|
|Ends||26 June 2022|
|Location(s)||Online & offline|
June Month Celebration 2022 edit-a-thon is part of a series of mini edit-a-thon just like previous edit-a-thons. Wikimedia celebrates every important and notable event through events, meet-ups or edit-a-thons. CIS-A2K is going to be celebrated in the month of June due to plenty of special days taking place in the same month.
June month is also known as pride month. During the month, there are other important days such as International Bicycle Day (3 June), World Environment Day (5 June), World Ocean Day (8 June), World Day against Child Labour (12 June), and ( World Blood Donor Day (14 June) etc.
This edit-a-thon will happen on 25 June and 26 June.
This will be an online event. However, any community that wants to conduct an on-ground small event for these two days, can conduct it.
Note: For conducting the event you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can request us on our request page.
For participating in this edit-a-thon, you can choose/edit any Wikimedia project such as Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Wikisource, Wikiquote etc and make some improvements, just like in previous edit-a-thons. These are some contributions you can make:
- Create a Wikipedia article about days of the month of June, directly or indirectly.
- If the article already exists then you can expand a Wikipedia article (or you can copyedit, add reliable references, fix typos, add relevant images etc.)
- Create Wikidata items or improve Wikidata items related to June days, directly or indirectly.
- Upload or improve images on Wikimedia Commons if you click during the month of June which is connected to the edit-a-thon. Other than uploading images, you may improve image details such as improving description, writing image descriptions in your native languages, adding/improving structured data etc. Also, you can add photos to Wikipedia articles, which do not have enough photos, from Wikimedia commons. Wikimedians can also create their own SVGs and upload to Wikimedia Commons.
- You can work on Wikisource as well if you have any book on book/article which you have on Wikisource. Proofread any page related to a specific language-related book in your own language.
- Add or improve quotes on Wikiquotes.
- This edit-a-thon is not limited to any specific Wikimedia project. You can select any Wikimedia project (like; Wikibooks, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia, Wikisource etc.) of your interest to contribute about languages.
Note: All edits must follow a project's and the community's policies and guidelines. Please consider making a high-quality contribution. You can work on more than one project.
Please add your username below. Also include the project names you worked on. You may add the project names after the completion of your work also.
This is an effort to engage Indian Wikimedians on the same platform and it is not a competition, but more like a celebration. We do not have any target of NN number of articles to be created or expanded, or BB bytes to be added. The idea is to make some contribution.
List of days
Here is the list of June 2022 Important Days:
- 1st June - en:World Milk Day
- 2nd June- en:Telangana Formation Day
- 3rd June- en:World Bicycle Day
- 4th June - en:International Day of Innocent Children
- 5th June - en:World Environment Day
- 7th June- en:World Food Safety Day
- 8th June - en:World Oceans Day & en:World Brain Tumor Day
- 12th June - en:World Day Against Child Labor
- 13th June- en:International Albinism Awareness Day
- 14th June - en:World Blood Donor Day
- 15th June - en:World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- 16th June - en:Guru Arjan Dev Martyrdom Day
- 20th June - en:World Refugee Day
- 21st June - en:International Yoga Day & en:World Music Day
- 23rd June - en:International Olympic Day
- 23rd June - en:United Nations Public Service Day
- 26th June - en:International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
- 30th June - en:World Asteroid Day
- Sangram Keshari Senapati (talk) 13:46, 21 June 2022 (UTC)
- -- कन्हाई प्रसाद चौरसिया (talk) 16:45, 21 June 2022 (UTC)
- JyotiPN (talk) 18:06, 21 June 2022 (UTC)JyotiPN (Assamese Wikipedia)
- user:Bvprasadtewiki (Telugu wikipedia)
- Obaid Raza (Urdu Wikipedia)
- 511KeV (Kashmiri Wikipedia). 511KeV (talk) 14:42, 23 June 2022 (UTC)
- Chandan Chiring Phukon Let's chat 16:47, 23 June 2022 (UTC) (Assamese Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons)
- Salil Kumar Mukherjee (talk) 06:30, 25 June 2022 (UTC)
- Jagseer S Sidhu (talk) 06:47, 25 June 2022 (UTC) (Punjabi Wikipedia)
- Meghdhanu (talk) 07:01, 25 June 2022 (UTC)
- ᱥᱟᱹᱜᱩᱱ ᱗ (talk) 07:06, 25 June 2022 (UTC) (Santali Wikipedia)
- R Ashwani Banjan Murmu (talk) 07:10, 25 June 2022 (UTC) (Santali Wikipedia)
- Dugal harpreet (talk) 09:45, 25 June 2022 (UTC) (Punjabi Wikipedia)
- --आर्या जोशी (talk) 12:59, 25 June 2022 (UTC)
- Vijay Barot (talk) 16:58, 25 June 2022 (UTC)
- Manjit Singh (talk) 08:38, 26 junw 2022 (Punjabi Wikipedia)
- Rajdeep ghuman (talk) 04:45, 26 June 2022 (UTC)
- Nayan j Nath (talk) 14:34, 26 June 2022 (UTC)
Sangram Keshari Senapati (Odia Wikipedia)
- ওভতনি যাত্ৰা আৰু অন্যান্য গল্প (Proofread 87 pages and validate 10pages) (Assamese Wikisource)
- as:বীৰেন্দ্ৰ কুমাৰ ভট্টাচাৰ্য (edited with ProveIt) (Assamese Wikipedia)
- as:অম্বিকাগিৰি ৰায়চৌধুৰী (edited with ProveIt) (Assamese Wikipedia)
- as:বিশ্ব দুগ্ধ দিৱস (Assamese Wikipedia)
Salil Kumar Mukherjee (Bengali Wiki)
- bn:তেলেঙ্গানা দিবস (Telengana Day) - Page created
- bn:বিশ্ব সাইকেল দিবস (World Bicycle Day) - Page edited
- bn:বিশ্ব দুগ্ধ দিবস (World Milk Day) - Page edited
- એલજીબીટી પ્રાઈડ (Gujarati Wikipedia)
- મેઘધનુષ્ય ધ્વજ (એલજીબીટી)(Gujarati Wikipedia)
- ત્રીજી જાતિ(Gujarati Wikipedia)
Manjit Singh (Punjabi Wiki)
- pa: ਨਸ਼ੀਲੇ ਪਦਾਰਥਾਂ ਦੀ ਦੁਰਵਰਤੋਂ ਅਤੇ ਗੈਰ-ਕਾਨੂੰਨੀ ਤਸਕਰੀ ਵਿਰੁੱਧ ਅੰਤਰਰਾਸ਼ਟਰੀ ਦਿਵਸ
- pa: ਕੌਮਾਂਤਰੀ ਯੋਗ ਦਿਵਸ
- pa:ਵਿਸ਼ਵ ਖੂਨਦਾਤਾ ਦਿਵਸ
- pa:ਵਿਸ਼ਵ ਸਾਇਕਲ ਦਿਵਸ
- pa: ਵਿਸ਼ਵ ਸ਼ਰਨਾਰਥੀ ਦਿਵਸ
- pa: ਵਿਸ਼ਵ ਸੰਗੀਤ ਦਿਵਸ
- pa: ਵਿਸ਼ਵ ਦੁੱਧ ਦਿਵਸ
- pa: ਵਿਸ਼ਵ ਦਿਮਾਗੀ ਰਸੌਲੀ ਦਿਵਸ
Nayan j Nath (talk) (Assamese Wikipedia)
Vijay Barot (Gujarati Wikipedia)
- આંતરરાષ્ટ્રીય યોગ દિવસ
- તેલંગાણા દિવસ
- વિશ્વ પર્યાવરણ દિવસ
- વિશ્વ સંગીત દિવસ
- આંતરરાષ્ટ્રીય માદક પદાર્થ સેવન અને અવૈધ વ્યાપાર વિરોધ દિન
- સંયુક્ત રાષ્ટ્ર જાહેર સેવા દિવસ
- હેલેન કેલર દિવસ
- આંતરરાષ્ટ્રીય વિધવા દિવસ
- વિશ્વ રેફ્રિજરેશન દિવસ
- આંતરરાષ્ટ્રીય અત્યાચાર પીડિત સમર્થન દિવસ
- વિશ્વ શરણાર્થી દિવસ
- હેલસિંકી દિવસ
- આંતરરાષ્ટ્રીય આફ્રિકી બાળ દિવસ
June Month Celebration 2022 edit-a-thon was a two-days long edit-a-thon. For participation in the edit-a-thon 18 users signed on the event page. The theme of the event was to create content related to June month on Wikimedia projects. There were many special days during the month and the edit-a-thon was not restricted to only the Wiki projects. This time, eight languages Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kashmiri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi and Santali entered this event. During these two days, all the language Wikis were worked on 35 new articles and a few articles were expanded or edited. 13 users out of 18, participated in this event.
We also have created a submission section and a few participants submitted their contributions on the same page. A few users submitted their work in the section of submissions. From Assamese community two users, JyotiPN and Nayan j Nath participated in this edit-a-thon. JyotiPN created 4 articles and Nayan j Nath created 1 article and edited two articles, he also proofread 18 pages on Wikisource. From the Bengali community User:Salil Kumar Mukherjee participated and created 1 article, 2 articles expanded and 12 items edited 0n Wikidata. Two Gujarati Wikimedian participated, User:Vijay Barot created 14 articles and 7 articles edited and another Wikimedian User:Meghdhanu created 3 articles. Kashmiri Wikimedian User:511KeV created 4 articles on Kashmiri Wikipedia. From Marathi community User:आर्या जोशी created 2 articles on Marathi Wikipedia. Odia Wikimedian Sangram Keshari Senapati also created one article on Odia Wikipedia. From the Sanatli community, User:R Ashwani Banjan Murmu created 1 article. From the Punjabi community 4 user-contributed, User:Jagseer S Sidhu expanded 2 articles, User:Dugal harpreet created 1 article, User:Manjit Singh created three articles and expanded five and User:Rajdeep ghuman expanded 1 article.
For any query related to the event please contact Nitesh (CIS-A2K) or leave a message on the event talk page.