|This is an assignment for Simone's adoption program. You are welcome to edit this page if you notice any errors or have any additional information to add, but as a courtesy, please notify OrenBochman if you make any major changes to avoid any possible confusion between him and his adoptee(s). Thanks!|
This course is aimed at open source coders who wish to specialise in MediaWiki developement.
- experience in installing/working with W:LAMP or a W:WAMP stack
- Some coding experience in one or more of:
- PHP - MediaWiki and its extensions are coded in PHP.
- Java - Dumps and Search engine are coded in java.
- Python - robots.
- Lua - Modern Templates are coded in Lua.
- MediaWikki Syntax.
- SQL - To work with the Database.
- Source control system.
I will try to assume as little about your background as possible and recap all the required material. However if you are rusty or lacking knowledge in some areas you will have to work harder to make up the difference.
However many of our top coders has humble beginning by reporting and later fixing bug.
Any questions? Or are you ready to take our orientation survey?