User:Psubhashish/International Mother Language Day 2015
February 21 is the International Mother Language Day. This day is to pay homage to the student martyrs who died while protesting for making Bangla one of the national languages of then Pakistan (now Bangladesh) in 1952. Wikipedia's mission of multilingualism and language diversity aligns with the great philosophy behind this celebration. This page is for brainstorming ideas for enriching the article "International Mother Language Day" in your home Wikipedia/native language(s) and even taking it beyond expanding language related articles. Please add articles you want to expand in your language Wikipedia or in the English Wikipedia below.
Add articles you want to create/enhance
Please add in this format: [[:w:XX:ARTICLE NAME]] (LANGUAGE). type
--~~~~ after LANGUAGE to automatically add your name. XX in ARTICLE NAME is the two letter language code for your language.
- w:or:ଅନ୍ତର୍ଜାତୀୟ ମାତୃଭାଷା ଦିବସ (Odia) --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 16:19, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
- w:or:ଅନ୍ତର୍ଜାତୀୟ ମାତୃଭାଷା ଦିବସ (Odia) --Saileshpat (talk) 03:07, 6 February 2015 (UTC)
- w:hi:अन्तर्राष्ट्रीय मातृभाषा दिवस (Hindi) --Saileshpat (talk) 03:51, 6 February 2015 (UTC)
- en:International Mother Language Day (English) will do copyedit/cleanup works -- 09:36, 18 February 2015 (UTC) Update: works done -- 23:27, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
- On Catalan Wikipedia we have drafted a 2 weeks project starting on feb 21 to improve articles related to languages with existing Wikipedia version. It's ment to be a "Wikiproject on tour", so after 2 weeks we want some other wikimedians to reproduce the project in their home wiki. Anyone interested? --Kippelboy (talk) 06:18, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
- This is really exciting! Thank you much Kippelboy! Sailesh, why don't you start such a project in Odia Wikipedia as well. I am in for contributing for two weeks exclusively for languages. :) --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 07:10, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
To ask a question or discuss anything please click here. Please remember to log in before editing any page. You can always create a new account to edit Wikipedia if you already haven't created one.