User:Rxy/User:ネイ/Timeline of the 2020 case
This page is linked from my comment in Stewards/Confirm/2021/Rxy. Please let me know if there are any significant omissions and/or incorrect translations, as I cannot translate each and every sentence in all the pages (far too long).
A rough timeline (dates in UTC):
- 2020-04-16 At jawiki sysop ぱたごん's talk page, rxy said "I, rxy, as a user of jawiki, am distrustful of your recent actions. Therefore, my judgement is that you are not eligible as a sysop and a bureaucrat of the Japanese Wikipedia, and hereby recommend you to resign as jawiki sysop and bureaucrat. Of course, you can ignore this recommendation. In that case, I will go through an RFC process, and if needed, I open a consensus check for RfDA process."
- 2020-04-16 ぱたごん promptly responds and agrees to resign.
- 2020-04-16 A few hours later, rxy starts a local RFC on his actions above; 10 hours after the RFC starts, since some users raised concerns over rxy's comment to ぱたごん, rxy decided to resign from jawiki sysop and go through jawiki's RFA process again.
- 2020-04-16~2020-04-23 Q&A period of the RFA. After that, voting period of the RFA started on 2020-04-23.
- 2020-04-24 In an unrelated village pump post, rxy mentioned that they have reported several users who commented on the local RFC to the Trust and Safety team.
- 2020-04-25 ミラー・ハイト, one of the users who commented on the RFC, voted against rxy in the RFA and left a comment. That is "
I might vote to support when candidacy is the situation after some term, because I was positive evaluation as an activity of a sysop in past. I why said so, I heard a ぱたごん as a sysop have many mistake, but context of related with outboarding from a sysop in suddenly, and reporting to the team I never heard such as "T&S team" until now (Is that disclosable? and Am I target of a report of that?), also very heating up at a SNS. I voted to oppose due to I can not clearing to feel a suspection to okay for having a sysop permissions "in now"." rxy, in response, mentioned: "
- 2020-04-26~2020-04-30 This was taken as intimidating users from voting against rxy in the RFA, and the RFA was closed on 2020-05-01 with 13 support votes and 27 against votes.
- 2020-04-26 rxy apologised regarding the comment on 04-25, and mentioned that they will not take down the report to T&S team, since they still feel they are being harassed.
- 2020-04-30~2020-05-02 There were several more comments on the RFC; no further actions at this stage.
- 2020-05-23 On Infinite0694's RFB (Request for bureaucratship), rxy voted support while stating some concerns over Infinite0694's actions in 2016.
- 2020-05-23 Marine-Blue mentioned at the RFB's talk page that rxy's comment does not look to be a good comment since rxy voted support while giving mostly negative comments, and hence does not seem convincing.
- 2020-05-24 Aiwokusai started a discussion for blocking of rxy, which was concluded on 2020-06-09 as blocking for 6 months.
- Comments supporting a block: there are concerns on the "no longer have any hopes on this community" comment (by Aoioui); rxy's actions could be violating the local no legal threats policy (by Takayasu); "There seems to be a lack of calmness in rxy's recent actions [...] Appropriate reports to T&S team is obviously rxy's rights, but mentioning such reports with every little thing is also an exertion of peer pressure" (by Yassie).
- Comments against a block: "The 2020-04-25 comment is a declaration of not abusing their rights, while disclosure of the report to T&S team is to prevent an impression of 'stab-in-the-back'. Reporting to the T&S team is a right of rxy when they feel harassed, regardless of whether they are a steward. There are concerns over whether rxy is suitable as a sysop or steward, but that should not affect the rights of rxy as a user." (by Takabeg); "Whether the reports are appropriate should be discussed on Meta-Wiki, and should not be a reason for blocking in jawiki. Though, since rxy disclosed that they reported to the T&S team, they are accountable for explaining their actions." (by Miraburu)
- Afterwards, there are no edits by rxy on jawiki until 2021-01-20, when they reverted an edit (the edit reverted is clear vandalism).