Wikidata Conference Lightning Talk
- Title of the submission
Report on a distributed Wikidata editing campaign in the GLAM sector
- Author(s) of the submission
- Stacy Allison-Cassin, Dan Scott
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- York University, Laurentian University
This talk will report on the experience of running a geographically distributed Wikidata and Wikipedia editing campaign. The Music in Canada @ 150 project was aimed at training librarians at academic and other institutions on creating items in Wikidata for Canadian musical artists. The campaign was broken into several distinct parts and including opportunities for in-person and online training. The project will culminate in a week of edit-a-thons intended to align with Open Access Week. This talk will specifically cover the challenges and opportunities with the project.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Lessons learned and opportunities for further initiatives