|Target||Last year (if applicable)||Progress
(at end of Q2)
|End of year
(projected or actual)
|1. # of active editors involved||Example||84||Projected: 349
|2. # of new editors||Example||790||Projected: 1525
|3. # of individuals involved||Example||1010||Projected: 1525
|4. # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages||Example||530||Projected: 9720
|5. # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||Example||431||Projected: 6370+200,000 folios
|6. Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects||Example||39.39 MB||24.9 MB||Example|
|7. Number of media mentions||Example||Example||To do||Example|
|8. Number of Wikipedians highlighted||Example||Example||To do||Example|
Incoming revenue table
Provide exchange rate used:
- 1 USD =
Table 2 Please report all spending in the currency of your grant unless US$ is requested.
- Please also include any in-kind contributions or resources that you have received in this revenues table. This might include donated office space, services, prizes, food, etc. If you are to provide a monetary equivalent (e.g. $500 for food from Organization X for service Y), please include it in this table. Otherwise, please highlight the contribution, as well as the name of the partner, in the notes section.
Revenue source Currency Anticipated Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Cumulative Anticipated ($US)* Cumulative ($US)* Explanation of variances from plan Kusuma Trust-UK INR 1 0 0 Funded as per the expected lines Privacy International-UK INR 0 0 0 Wikimedia Foundation INR 0 0 Privacy Internation-GSMA INR 0 0
* Provide estimates in US Dollars
Media mention count
- July: 0
- August: 3
- September: 0
- October: 16
- November: 7
- December: 8
- January: 9
- February: 6
- March: 0
- April: 2
- May and June (consolidated): 8
TTT in brief
Train the Trainer (or TTT in short) is a residential program that attempts to groom leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedians. Here they are taught how to conduct a successful Wiki-event such as outreach, GLAM project, edit-a-thon etc, or topics like Wikimedia Foundation or other grants stucture, how to do effective reporting and documentation, Global and other metrics etc.
In this iteration—
- Language: 16 Wikimedians from 10 different language communities participated — it is shown in the pie chart.
- Gender: This year we had 5 female participants (out of 16 participants). After the 2013 iteration we felt we should try to encourage more female Wikipedians to participate in TTT. However this does not mean that we had any different eligibility criteria set for the female Wikipedians.
- Geographical location: We had participants from all over India. Although TTT is a nation-level event, we had participants from outside India (Nepal, and Sri Lanka too)
In this year's TTT we made a number of changes.
- We encouraged more eligible female editors to participate.
- We found the objective and aims of the event remained unclear to a few participants earlier years. This year we have given more attention to explain the program's objectives, aims and expectations.
MediaWiki Training (MWT) is an annual residential training workshop that intends to bridge this gap by creating and grooming 'tech' leaders in the MediaWiki sphere from the existing Indian language Wikipedians. MediaWiki Train the Trainer 2015 (MWTTT2015) intends to bridge this gap by creating and grooming 'tech' leaders in the MediaWiki sphere from the existing Indian language Wikipedians. It aims to facilitate discussions around nurturing leadership regarding technical issues, filing bugs that hinder the growth of Indian language Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects, active contribution towards improving the existing MediaWiki software and understanding the importance of mediating technology for outreach activities.
The first iteration of the event was held on 24-27 June 2015. 14 editors from 8 Indic communities participated in this workshop. Some of the topics taught during the workshop were: Bugs -presentation, demo & case study, Bots - Pywiki & AWB, MediaWiki tools, TranslateWiki, Quarry, WikiMetrics, APIs, User scripts.
The second iteration of the workshop was conducted on 17-19 June 2016 in Bangalore. 11 editors from 6 Indic Wikimedia communities got training during this workshop. Some of the topics discussed during the program were Wikidata, using Wikimedia labs tools, creating templates and infobox, AutoWikiBrowser (AWB).