- We should encourage attendees diversity by removing/mitigating financial problems.
- Pooling and sharing resources among affiliates may be a way to do it.
- A collateral good effect could be decentralization and autonomization from WMF.
Affiliates that are able to do it, fund a financial pool on a voluntary basis.
Pooling resources to cover basic logistic costs (venue, catering, facilitator).
- easy to set up
- for a lot of affiliates these costs are not the larger part and this option may ease the participation of already attending chairpersons
Pooling resources to cover:
- logistic costs (venue, catering, facilitator)
- travel and accommodation costs for (some) affiliates with few financial resources
- much more effective in order to ensure larger participation in our meetings
- may be difficult to organize and/or sustain if participation increase too much
- collect endorsements for the "pooling idea" (option 1, option2, both)
- review past meetings' costs
- survey to estimate chairpersons participation increase (did you attend any of these meetings? if no, why? would you attend if some of the costs is covered? etc.)
- Fo example, that's the way Dimitar's position in Brussels is funded by European chapters.