Hi, in order to be eligible to vote in the Steward elections, you need to have a global account (or an account on Meta with user page linked to your main wiki, and a link to your meta account from your home wiki user page). You currently don't have a global account yet, but you can create one by visiting Special:MergeAccount. Alternatively you can add a link to your meta user page on your ar.wikipedia page of course. --MF-W 22:24, 9 February 2014 (UTC)
Welcome. You are a global renamer now. If you have any doubt, please don't be afraid to ask. Trijnstel will email you in order to add you to the global renamers mailing list. Matiia (talk) 15:44, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
- All done now. :-) Tnx. Trijnsteltalk 21:31, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
Rename me please
Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTC
We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:28, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- Update your subscription to these messages by clicking here.
Assalaam o Alaikum I have favour, I want you to rename me to کيشر سپاہ.
This is a reminder to acknowledge and sign the new Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information. As you know, your volunteer role in Wikimedia projects gives you access to secure and sensitive information.
The new version includes one major change.
- There is a change regarding the way personal data may be released. Accordingly, functionaries must notify the Wikimedia Foundation at check-disclosurewikimedia.org before releasing data, in order to obtain a written approval for doing so. The Foundation will respond within 10 days. However, for emergencies, such as cases involving threats of violence, functionaries may release the personal data without such explicit permission, but they should notify the Foundation immediately following the disclosure. If they choose not to disclose the data, the request for disclosure should be forwarded to the Foundation's emergency email address (emergencywikimedia.org).
There are also some wording changes that were made to more closely align the language with evolving industry norms, best practices and laws. The most notable of these has been the change of the term "nonpublic information" to "nonpublic personal data". None of these changes are intended to make fundamental changes to the scope or practice of the policy but we know they could appear as such, hence wanted to flag them.
The aforementioned changes require users that have already signed the previous version of the policy to sign the new version as well.
We therefore ask that you to sign the updated version. Signing the agreement is tracked on Phabricator's Legalpad. An online guide is available to help you with signing the agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign. If you wish you can sign it directly at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/L37. The exact policy is located here: Access to nonpublic personal data policy. The text of the confidentiality agreement is located here: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information
If you have already received this message and signed the updated agreement, you need not sign it again. Once is sufficient. In this case, we ask that you respond to Samuel (WMF) letting him know when (date) and how (method/process of signing) you have signed it so that we can update our own records.
Note: please bear in mind that if you still haven’t signed the updated version of the Confidentiality Agreement by February 13, 2019 your rights will be removed.
Thank you for your understanding,
Samuel Guebo (User:Samuel (WMF)), Wikimedia Foundation
Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery - 15:15, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
Do you have EasternBloc BorderChange38-48 without names?
hello Bassem! i need your help... im making this file's turkish version, this file: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:EasternBloc_BorderChange38-48.svg, this is the WIP version of turkish verison: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQSbVqQWVuU5nQfGgNVy1oSeIAIYYozU/view?usp=sharing . can you send me your work without names? this is your work: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:EasternBloc_BorderChange38-48-ar.svg . my english is bad, hope to you understand me. also you know turkish, kolay gelsin! :DDDD Modern primat (talk) 22:28, 5 December 2020 (UTC)
- @Modern primat:, I created this blank map for you to use. I know just a little Turkish which is not enough to formulate a useful sentence --باسم (talk) 00:02, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
- thank you......... Modern primat (talk) 16:45, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
- look: @باسم: :DDD https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:EasternBloc_BorderChange38-48-tr.png Modern primat (talk) 23:34, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
- @Modern primat: good job. But you have to use the same license as the original file. Always do that when you translate a map on commons. Regards--باسم (talk) 23:46, 6 December 2020 (UTC)